• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Underrated Gen. 5 Pokemon

Huh. I have one in the Box named "Plucky". :D

I'll agree with Sigilyph, Druddigon and Ducklett.

dude, me too! xD i use mine strictly as a flyer/swimmer though :p

i like to think that woobat and swoobat are pretty underated. i keep hearing ppl say that its bat poop, but they have actually proven themselves to me to be pretty sweeeet! not to mention adorable :kiss:

not only does it have a great typing, but it can learn a random electric move, which was awesome for those of us who couldn't settle on any electric type pokemon this gen. And the fact that its geared more torwards sp.atk. is great cuz who doesn't love EQ immune sweepers? :D

According to a friend of mine who battles competitively, Serperior is shit. Not true, I say: her HP stat rocks, and what's more, I like that her Attack and Sp.Attack base values are the same.

FVCK YEAH SERPERIOR

I thought Serperior Attack and Sp.Atk. stats sucked, but I gave it a chance and it did very well, with Giga Drain, Leaf Blade and a nice EV training. Still I prefer Lilligant's Own Tempo+Quiver Dance+Petal Dance combo, and Samurott is still my favourite starter, but Serperior proven to be a good choice.

i dont know how so many people keep getting beat by sigilyph, i just used my archen against it and won every time

i dont know if it is underrated but archeops with acrobatic was always the best for me

Ah, Archeops + Acrobactics is pure awesome and everyone knows that. Even Archen does well, so no wonder if it owns Sigilyph. I OHKO'd every single Pokémon from Skyla and her gym's trainers with only Archeops and Acrobactics. That went specially funny when Skyla gave me TM62... Acrobactics x)

--------------------

Because the absurd-high level Larvesta evolves into Volcarona, I thought I'd have to be patient before it was an useful Pokémon... but I gave Larvesta an Eviolite and became a pretty decent Pokémon, with its good Attack stat and low defenses compensated.

Last edited:
I think there are three Pokemon that I am particularly impressed with: Serperior, Crustle and Garbodor.

Serperior has the bulk and speed, which is actually a very good thing, because this means he is able to pull off Leech Seeds and Coils in time. Having Leaf Blade is also a great advantage, because it's quite a strong attack with a high critical hit ratio, which I used with Scope Lens to enhance it further to 25%. There were also times I send Serperior to matches that are deemed disadvantageous for him like Emolga and Haxorus, but most of the time, I was able do the job and put up a fight. There was one time where I used him in N's battle against Klinklang (after Reshiram was KO'd) to boost my stats with Coil and stall with Leech Seed, in order to sweep all the other Pokemon.

Crustle is also a surprisingly great member. I initially got a Dwebble just for Stealth Rock, but there were times where having another strong attacker that uses Bug and Rock attacks can prove very good, like against the Flying gym. The ability to withstand Physical attacks is also a pretty impressive trait too.

Garbodor seems to be a quirky member, but I got Trubbish just for Toxic Spikes. In my opinion, Toxic Spikes is a very good move in Unova, due to how few Pokemon can absorb that move. Besides setting up, Garbodor is also in charge of Toxic-stalling, which is made even better because I got one with Black Sludge. With Stockpile, the stalling part is set. I used it against some foes like Shauntal's Cofagrigus, N's Reshiram and Ghetsis' Cofagrigus and it won the stall war between all of them!

Thanks for reading.

I think shukle and umbreon are underrated.
Frist,shuckle.412Def,400SpDef,32Attack,21SpAtk,and thats level 100(I randomly generated some numbers).Tecnecaly,without foucus band,power trick and trick room,this pokemon can't win.If you use this strdegy,it becomes a sweeping pokemon.
Umbreon,I think its the best stalling pokemon that can stall and then sweep.If you add moonlight,more stalling.Many people like to use curse for it.It also has high Sp.Def.

Is Ferrothorn underrated? And if so, why? Mine hits like a truck with Gyro Ball. Resistant against 10 types and immune to Poison? That's some crazy stuff right there.
Mine's tearing through the battle subway super single train. It's like an underpowered Registeel.

What do you think? I'm not sure what other people use, but I'd say that Sigilyph is most underrated.

Druddigon. I don't know why, but it's served me well.

I'm not sure if it's underrated, but Sawk has turned out to be an unexpected force. Not only does it have great Attack and Speed, but its ability, coupled with both Reversal and Counter, makes it nigh unstoppable.
This, this, and this. A thousand times over.

Sigilyph is frelling amazing. Guardian pulled my skidplate out of more jams than I can even go into and her Ability (Magic Guard) made her indispensable in the Desert Resort. Never had to worry about her HP during a Sandstorm.

Druddigon was one I swore I would never use but she swept Drayden's gym like it was nothing. Her attack is amazing and she is all but unstoppable in battle. I adore her.

Sawk. Oh dear heavens, Sawk. I love him as much as I love my dearest Golurk. I have never used a pure Fighting type before but this guy... If my back's to the wall, he can do it. He'll get the win for me. He is severely underrated in my eyes, which is a pity. He's incredibly strong; I now love the slag out of Fighting types simply because of him.

You know, I never thought of naming a Ducklett "Daffy" or "Plucky". Instead, I have Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webbigail. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. Boo, hiss. :lol:

ONE MOTHER-F**KING WORD! FERROTHORN!
Ferrothorn is a physical tank.
it was able to survive a flare blitz from a blaziken that used bulk up-3 times!

No one has said Emboar?! D8< Really?! If there was ever a poor Unova Pokemon that got more hate than Oshawott when he was first revealed, it's Emboar! Sure, she probably won't go higher than UU, but in-game, no other Pokemon in White has served me better!

Flame Charge to the max! D< Then Bulldoze anything who tries to outspeed her! Boca-chan is unstoppable with a Muscle Band! Totally defeated Ingo by herself. Luck or not, I don't know or care. I just know I'm one of the few Emboar fans who see past typing and see a real useful and tough Pokemon!

No one has said Emboar?! D8< Really?! If there was ever a poor Unova Pokemon that got more hate than Oshawott when he was first revealed, it's Emboar! Sure, she probably won't go higher than UU, but in-game, no other Pokemon in White has served me better!

Flame Charge to the max! D< Then Bulldoze anything who tries to outspeed her! Boca-chan is unstoppable with a Muscle Band! Totally defeated Ingo by herself. Luck or not, I don't know or care. I just know I'm one of the few Emboar fans who see past typing and see a real useful and tough Pokemon!

Yeah she also gets dissed for being one of the weirdest looking final forms out there.

Another one I think that is underated is Jellicent, the half ghost type can really help against fighting type users

Another one I think is underrated is Stoutland. Man, my stoutland has saved me on so many occasions. Fighting N, he came was clutch. Fighting Drayden he came in the clutch. I keep him alive and well until I'm only down to him so he can dominate another match.

Is Lilligant considered underrated? Despite having a defensively weak type the Leech Seed to Quiver Dance setup can sweep 'fer days. Works even better with Whimsicott because of Prankster.

Lilligant is sooo good. Not too many people think so. Quiver Dance, Own Tempo and Petal Dance! Amazing. Whimsicott is a great status move user.

I think sawk is underrated too.It actualy is a attack with defence pokemon(basicaly,its the first fighting type other than hariamma to have evened out attack and defence or special defence).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom