• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

I think Durant is pretty underrated. In NU, a Choice Scarf Hustle set can take opponents by surprise and sweep. I've even used it with some success in OU. Very nice for taking out pesky Espeon and even Latios.

While octillery seems to get a lot of love in Japan here in the states it's mostly forgotten. It has poor speed and defenses, yes, but amazing attack and special attack and a giant movepool. With a little set-up it can be amazing. Trick room makes it a fast sweeper and with sniper the occasional critical hit becomes a OHKO. Its vast movepool can let it hit just about anything for super effective damage on either physical or special side and an expert belt can fake a choice set giving a free KO. Suction cups makes it an amazing baton pass reciever without worry of being phazed out. Volbeat (another underrated pokemon) can pass a couple tail glow boosts giving octillery more power than it could ever need, or have a pokemon pass an agility or two and watch as the enemy team falls before the octopus. Moody is banned in most competitive circles and for good reason. With a little luck there is nothing that can stand up to octillery. Overall a great pokemon with a great design and a unique style of evolution that focuses on the theme rather than the animal, the revolver becomes a tank.

Dunsparce. Though I've noticed Mystery Dungeon's touch in making unloved Pokemon loved, such as Grovyle, Sunflora, and Chatot.

But I think Gardevoir, battle wise anyhow. If you search it up on google all you get is a bunch of disgusting garbage and it really angers me. I've loved Gardevoir since I first raised mine in Sapphire, but a lot of people think Gardevoir is awful in battling. Now that its a Fairy type, it's even stronger! Combine a Power band to lower it's speed, raise it's special defense, teach it trick room, and it could be a real power house with Psychic and a Psychic gem. It can even learn Destiny bond if you breed right.

I think Durant is pretty underrated. In NU, a Choice Scarf Hustle set can take opponents by surprise and sweep. I've even used it with some success in OU. Very nice for taking out pesky Espeon and even Latios.

Durant is pretty viable in UU as well. Sure, UU is full of fighters as well as fire types like Darmanitan, but get rid of it's checks and it's open season for that thing to set up a Hone Claws sweep. It's surprisingly easy the amount of things that are weak to that thing. Pack up a Lum Berry, and you get a free Hone Claws boost to whatever tries to burn you. @_@

Along with the above, I've recently discovered how underrated Azumarill is. Especially Subpunch Azu. People would initially think that it's banded, and they get a nasty surprise in Focus Punch. It's the perfect check for Subpetaya Empoleon, since Focus Punch wrecks it too, I believe. Aqua Jet is also perfect for picking off weakened Heracross, or weakening it so it can be revenge killed by one of your teammates. Crazy stuff.

Durant is pretty viable in UU as well. Sure, UU is full of fighters as well as fire types like Darmanitan, but get rid of it's checks and it's open season for that thing to set up a Hone Claws sweep. It's surprisingly easy the amount of things that are weak to that thing. Pack up a Lum Berry, and you get a free Hone Claws boost to whatever tries to burn you. @_@

Oh yeah, I've also used a Hone Claws set. I forgot about that one. It can be more reliable than the Choice Scarf set because Hone Claws not only raises its already high attack, it offsets the Hustle accuracy drop.

I very rarely see people play with these guys so i got a list, STEELIX, GOLEM, SOLROCK,LUNATONE, MAGIKARP, SEAKING, CARVANHA and finally most if not all the fossil pokemon.and i just don't understand why? So maybe some body could explain that for me?

This has probably been said countless times, but Qwilfish REALLY deserves more love and attention. He can use Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Explosion, and Destiny Bond, and has really good STAB with Aqua Tail, Waterfall, and Poison Jab. He has a pretty nice attack stat, and speed stat, too. Not to mention, he works great on a Rain Dance team with Swift Swim. And, he has a pretty unique type, as only Tentacruel's line shares it. Overall, I think it is a great Pokemon, and it's my personal favorite.

Say hello to Skrelp

i'm not competitive, but i'd say Dewgong, Sandslash, Venomoth (to a degree), Solrock and Lunatone, Zubat's line, Wailord and the almighty(ish) Drifblim are very underrated

After doing my run-throughs at the Battle Maison, I can honestly say that Golurk is a bit underrated. Mine has No Guard, which has gotten me wins in a pinch and on top of that, he's survived hits that should have killed him.

Vespiquen is awesome. Attack Order is such an awesome attack, and is useful in the Sinnoh Elite Four.

I remember once after getting through Victory Road, I decided to try and get one. I didn't realise I'd made a mistake until my Male Combee had Exp. Shared it's way up to Level 42.

delphox is underrated for me because he is in ru and yet he is a lot stronger than chesnaught who is in uu because chesnaught doesn't get a good move until level 32

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom