• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

Wow, so I'm not the only who likes the raijin trio? What a happy day. :smokin:

I just don't like then because they throw legendaries around like they're going out of style.
I've always loved Beedrill, especially in Gen III and earlier games.
His Special Defense stat really takes people off guard, I've seen him survive a Rock Slide from a Tyranitar that was a couple levels higher than him and then swing for the battle with Twin Needle.

Poor poor underrated Gardevoir :(

Such a solid pokemon, but it gets overlooked in favor of pokemon like espeon :<

Spr_4h_149.png
Spr_5b_149.png

Dragonite.
Don't get me wrong. Dragonite seems to be fairly popular. But it's bashed for being bulky and evolving from the graceful Dragonair, and many people seem to think its fellow Psuedo-Legendary Dragons outclass it. But Dragonite is as much of a valuable team member now as ever! With cool moves like Heal Bell or Extremespeed, it's so Boss.

You wanna see a underrated psychic type? Take a look at this poor guy:

180px-326Grumpig.png

Until today I NEVER saw one fan of it.

And let's not forget about this other fella:

120px-178Xatu.png

Well the little kids love it but older fans have very little respect for the mascot of Pokemon: Pikachu. It is quite cute and give it a Light Ball and see some shit blow up.

20090718125016!206Dunsparce.png
Im pretty sure NO ONE payed attention to this guy ever since he was introduced 8{

Victreebel and Cloyster are underrated.

Victreebel has a decent movepool. He learns great moves, like Weather Ball, Leaf Blade, Sword Dance and Sunny Day. Victreebel is a great addition to a Sunny Day team.

Cloyster is a formidable physical wall and he's also a potent physical attacker thanks to his new move, Shell Break. His ability aids him well. Skill Link + Icicle Spear + Shell Break = a force to be reckoned with.

You wanna see a underrated psychic type? Take a look at this poor guy:

180px-326Grumpig.png

Until today I NEVER saw one fan of it.

And let's not forget about this other fella:

120px-178Xatu.png

I actually used a Grumpig once before, and I liked it. :>
It's not a favorite of mine, but it's definitely not one of those Pokemon that I completely acknowledge.

It just hit me today of how underated Pinser is.

Ok most people would chose siczor or heracross over it. But pinser is still quite a good pokemon.

It has two great abiltys and its dream world abitly is quite good to as it rases it attack every time it K.Os a pokemon and can use sword dance,has a good STAB move with X-sisor and also can use alot of other good moves such as Earthquake,Super power,Stone Edge,Close combat,Bulk Up and a few others.

Also it stats are quite good with a monster 125 attack(it can have a max of 383 attack at lvl 100) and a nice 100 def so it can take some hits and a nice 85 base speed.

This guy can be quite a monster of a attacker when used right trust me.

Mr. Mime is very underrated, I find it's stats to be really good, it's my favorite Pokemon too, too bad not a lot of people like him... :-(

I also think Pinsir is quite underrated too. Not a lot of people mention Pinsir, only downside with Pinsir is the fact that it levels up sooooo slowly, as slow as legendaries.

Last edited:
Pinsir hands down. He's such a good Pokemon but no one seems to care.

VibravaRules said:
Im pretty sure NO ONE payed attention to this guy ever since he was introduced 8{
For some reason I went crazy over Dunsparce in LeafGreen. I loved its quirky little design and I was kind of surprised at how everyone seemed to pass over it when talking Pokemon. I caught about ten of those just because they were so weird. And awesome.

I think the Oddish family is underrated as well. Vileplume is worth raising for its moveset capabilities. Plus it's freaky-looking and throws people off guard, which I like!!

Dunsparce is the Rocky Horror Picture Show of pokemon. Strange people like it for being so strange which is the only reason to give it much recognition at all. If there is a cult-ish pokemon I'd say it's him.

I'm already sensing that even in this generation, Bearctic is going to be very underused for a pokemon species that a lot of people requested.

Others off the top of my head...
Walrein, Primape(have you even seen this poor guy in the anime since Ash had one for...3 episodes?), and this may sound odd but I feel like though he's pretty commonly seen, Steelix gets very little love anymore.

At least the poor Dunsparce got a new friend in generation V:

618Maggyo.png

No.

Don't you ever again consider comparing the masterpiece design of Dunsparce to that... that... THING.

*Goes back to tending his Dunsparce farm*

:mad:

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom