• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

Yeah! I think Qwilfish might be the most underrated pokemon on the planet. Theres a REALLY small number of fanart this fish gets, I barely see any comments about him in any of the pokemon disscusions or threads, and no one even uses him in games or walkthoughs. This guy is HIGHLY underated :boom:
20100417202243!211Qwilfish.png

Not alot of people use it because it's a swarm Pokemon and is very rare in it's pre-national dex games. But I love Quillfish, it is very underated and needs to get an evolution.

At first I didn't think my Qwilfish post would get this much responce...but yeah, literally whenever I think of underrated Pokemon, Qwilfish is the first that comes to mind. I think it's due to the fact that many people tend to overlook fish-based Pokemon. Anyway, Qwilfish is my absolute favorite Pokemon, and really deserves more recognition.

At first I didn't think my Qwilfish post would get this much responce...but yeah, literally whenever I think of underrated Pokemon, Qwilfish is the first that comes to mind. I think it's due to the fact that many people tend to overlook fish-based Pokemon. Anyway, Qwilfish is my absolute favorite Pokemon, and really deserves more recognition.

Quilfish can be very deadly too if used right in battle as it can run a good swift swim set and has good STAB moves with waterfall and poison jab and can use expolson.

The thing is deadly under the rain.

Half of the Poison types.

Lessee, Gengar, the SD Drapion, Tentacruel and Toxicroak generally get moderate to extreme use.

But Skuntank, Qwilfish, Gulpin, Swalot and Haunter are usually non-existant when I battle. Same goes with most grass/poison dual types besides Venusaur and Roserade. Where's the Victreebel and Vileplume?

And here's one I never see: Venemoth and Venonat, the cutest bug pokemon until I saw Galvantula's pre-evolved form.

Lotta people also forget about my first and likely my favorite poison type: Muk. Acid Armor + Minimize + 100 base SpD & 75 base Defence can make it a nightmare if given time to setup.

Lastly, don't forget Arbok and Seviper.

If I wasn't such a big water fan, I'd be a poison type fan for certain :)

Mr. Mime. It has actually become one of my favorite Pokemon recently. Its the first Pokemon I EV trained after I got it from the Game Corner in SoulSilver. It would have one its first Wifi battle if that Magmortar didn't have Pursuit. T_T

Medicham is very underrated. It's the original Fighting/Psychic and has the 3rd highest attack in the game , but it doesnn't get the attention it deserves . Instead , Gallade gets most of the attention , who in my opinion , doesn't deserve it. Medicham was the original Fighting/Psychic type Pokemon , but people praise Gallade like it was the original.

Medicham is very underrated. It's the original Fighting/Psychic and has the 3rd highest attack in the game , but it doesnn't get the attention it deserves . Instead , Gallade gets most of the attention , who in my opinion , doesn't deserve it. Medicham was the original Fighting/Psychic type Pokemon , but people praise Gallade like it was the original.

I gotta agree with that. The Pure Power ability it owns makes it extremely powerful. ...But it sucks that it doesn't have the defenses or speed to back itself up. =/ But power is the last thing I care about in a Pokemon. It's all about appearance. <3

Blaziken it can learn fire fighting and flying moves it outclasses all other fighting type pokemon in my opinion it can definetely take infernape in my opinion

I really like Swalot, he's just too cute!! >^0^< And recently, Whiscash has really grown on me, but who ever talks about him?

Goldeen and Seaking are also highly under-appreciated, and Nosepass and his evolution. Although personally, i really dislike Nosepass & Probopass.

I don't think anyone likes Sudowoodo, either.

Clamperl, definitely. This thing has exclusive access to the Sp. Attack-doubling power of DeepSeaTooth, giving it a maximum Sp. Attack of 540 at Lv.100. Give it Trick Room support or Shell Smash (the latter in Black and White), and you've got a beast in your hands!

For me I get the feeling that Eevee is underrated. People always want to evolve it and stuff to make it beetter and stronger, when I practically beat the Elite 4 with it in Pokémon Blue.

Corphish- He's awesome! I've always wanted a lobster-crawfish thingy Pokemon, and I don't much like Krabby.

Tentacool- Just cool. He's a classic.

Dunsparce- I had to add this guy in. He's great! I love his pathetic look. How does that thing survive in the wild?

Girafarig- Yay! Awesome.

Aron- Always found him cute. I have a trading card with him eating a railroad track. The little scamp!

i think Noctowl is underated because of these reasons:

1. Its high HP and Special Defence surprise a lot of people.
2. The combination of Hypnosis, Dream Eater and Nightmare can be deadly.
3. A few surprising attacks in its movepool to create uncertanties in the battlefield (like Thief and Mirror Move).

Altaria. This bottom of the barrel Dragon type can do wonders in lower tiers. I mean, who's competeing for it's spot on a team? Vibava? Get real.

Ninetales. They're not that good for battle, but they're beautiful and a wonderful pet for the rich.

Not sure where've you have been, but Dream World gives Ninetales Drought. You know, Groudon's ability for endless sun? Yeah, that one.

Hey, I think that caterpie is underated at the very start of pokemon when ash catches a caterpie it was amazing but when they released the games caterpie was rubbish and they stopped showing caterpies in the show after a while ):

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom