• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

Gastrodon, man. D8

*Likes*

I'd say Chatot (of course). It's so hated, for whatever reason. If you teach it the right moves and give it the right items, as YouTube has proved, it can deck half a team of a fair few types with one shot each. Flying types in general are just underrated, though. Though it doesn't beat Staraptor in terms of a badass movepool... why the hate? D= It's so cute! XD

For me I get the feeling that Eevee is underrated. People always want to evolve it and stuff to make it beetter and stronger, when I practically beat the Elite 4 with it in Pokémon Blue.

The E4 can be beaten by anyone with any Pokemon. Depends on level.

I mean, people want to evolve it for a reason: Its base stats jump significantly when evolved. It's just not as strong.

Pretty much everything with 99 Base Speed or lower. Seriously. I swear whoever came up with the Base 100+ Speedm or you suck is an IDIOT who causes many potential threats to be underrated. Haxorus is now getting looked at badly just by having 97 Base Speed. The problem? A WHOLE BUNCH OF THINGS ARE SWEEPERS WITH EVEN LOWER SPEED (Lucario for instance, has base 90 Speed. Breloom is even slower at 70 Base Speed, with my beloved Tyranitar taking the cake at 61 Base Speed (To a lesser extent Empoleon as well at Base 60 Speed).

So clearly, Smogon is overlooking a massive threat that is Haxorus when there's been far slower sweepers in the past. How can something with atleast 97 Base Speed, Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, and 147 BASE ATTACK get into JUST BL or UU? Clearly this thing is obviously going to end up OU anyways.

Butterfree. While it has 100% (or at least 97.5%) accurate Sleep Powder, Breloom tramples it. Even in NU/UU, no one uses it.

Not true. I was an avid use of Butterfree in the old days, and just a weeks ago I restarted a Emerald game, with Breeloom as my strongest party member.

Personally, I'd say Ampharos. Reading this thread gave me some light, I found a couple of fans, but overall people despise it because it's slow. But they don't take into account that it is compensated by being bulkier than most Electric Pokémon, and also has a massive Special Attack. Sure, it won't hit first, but it most likely will survive and then fry you with its high SpA. And its cute as hell.

Last edited:
Ampharos is a boss. <3

In a similar vein, Musharna. Hits like a boss and pretty much nothing save a super effective STAB attack will OHKO it. :3

In order:
Mr. Mime - I am probably of two people on the planet who really like this guy (the other being Chuggaaconroy). I've slowly come to love his dumb name and creepy design. Besides, he's got pretty good Special stats, and can function as a solid Baton Passer.
Jynx - Same as Mr. Mime, only NOBODY likes it. Does nobody else appreciate how creepy these guys are?
Breloom - You'd think having great typing, a fantastic ability, a great movepool, and an OU ranking would earn something a considerable amount of respect, right? Apparently not. Breloom still doesn't get half the attention it deserves. I loved this guy since day one.
Electivire - WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THIS GUY??? I was actually quite pleased with it; it was a solid evolution to a Pokémon I liked, with a good design.
Arceus - Yes, I know, it IS a god and all, but I feel like the only one who likes this guy's design. There's just something... majestic about it. Strikes a nice balance between basic and elaborate.
EDIT: Thanks to Ryuu for reminding me Breloom isn't the only Grass/Fighting type anymore.

I agree with you for Mr. Mime and Jynx and I love them sooo much! :3

Pretty much any psychic pokemon after gen I because of the overpower being lowered. Psychics are still amazing if you know how to use them

Cloyster. Shell Break and Skill Link'd Icicle Spear is really great. Not to mention STAB caused by Icicle Spear and its great boost by Nevermeltice, Scope Lens or Choice Band.

Breloom - You'd think having great typing, a fantastic ability, a great movepool, and an OU ranking would earn something a considerable amount of respect, right? Apparently not. Breloom still doesn't get half the attention it deserves. I loved this guy since day one.

Oh, it does get attention. Just not the kind it wants. If the crux of its success is guaranteed sleep, I personally don't think it's deserving of success, ya know? It would outright suck without Spore, even with all those other benefits.

Cloyster. Shell Break and Skill Link'd Icicle Spear is really great. Not to mention STAB caused by Icicle Spear and its great boost by Nevermeltice, Scope Lens or Choice Band.

Or even better, flinchax with King's Rock.

Did I mention Staraptor?

So what if it has like no defense and its best attack does recoil? Its attack and speed are pretty good.

Granted, I use it as a "fast wrecker" (take down as many enemies as you can before you go down) in the Battle Frontier.

------------------

Magneton is pretty good too. Learns some decent electric and steel type moves. Great defense and special attack and surprising speed.

------------------

Aggron is another one I like. Great defense and pretty darn high attack.

Staraptor: Definitely underrated. It hates Stealth Rock, bit it still hits pretty dang hard, especially with the coverage of Close Combat.

Magneton: Don't forget that Magnezone exists. Of course, Magneton's great in the lower tiers, where Zone's banned.

Aggron: Apparently, not enough people know about STAB Head Smash + Rock Head. That attack is raw destruction.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom