• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Underrepresented Types

What type do you think needs more pokemon the most?

• Normal

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Fire

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Water

• Electric

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Grass

• Ice

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Fighting

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Poison

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Flying

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Psychic

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Bug

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 43 18.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters

QuantumPolagnus

Cipher Admin
Reaction score
Which pokemon types do you feel are the most underrepresented in the games and why?

I, personally, feel like there is a decided lack of good Electric pokemon in the games. I think it would be nice if GF added some good non-legendary electric types (oh, and I still haven't played through DPPt fully, so don't rag on me too hard if they've already done this in those games).

Considering the amount of cliched dragons that haven't been made yet (Frost Dragon, Thunder Dragon, Fire Dragon, Dark Dragon) I'm gonna say dragon.

I would have to say Fire. I feel that there aren't many fire-type pokemon that aren't starters.

I can say one thing: We have WAY too many Normal types. I say we need more dragons. All of them (except Altaria) are either legendary or pseudo-legendaries.

EDIT: And besides Dragon types. We need some more decent electric types. AND NO MORE PIKACHU CLONES!!!

Last edited:
Fire and Electric come to mind. Dragons are SUPPOSED to be rare -- it's part of their mistyque.

Oh, and Kingdra, the non-(pseudo-) legendary says hi.

Yeah, but it'd still be nice if we got the JRPG required dragons.

Fire, Electric, Dark and Steel..and NO fucking legendary types of them either..shit is so annoying

Fire and electric. Fire especially I'm hoping for a good showing this generation after the abysmal 5 we got last generation, starter evolution and legendary. Electric I think is also very much underrepresented, but because fire got the total shaft in Gen 4 I'm going with them.

PS I love how normal water and flying are even options on this poll.

Normal water and flying-too many, bug-not enough good ones-GF, Yanmega is not enough, and besides, yanmega is still sorta gay!

I'ma say ice pokemon that aren't Ice/Water just cause I <3 them

As far as good pokemon, bug for the win!

Yanmega is not enough, and besides, yanmega is still sorta gay!

No, it isn't, Jynx is.

Dark Pokémon must get some good ones too, being the title for the games BLACK/WHITE.
I also hate pikaclones. Dragons should see more light in the 5th gen.

The least represented types are dragon with 17 total 'mons and ghost with 18. OOOO, maybe we could get a ghost dragon! That would be sweet.

Steel is also poorly represented with only two purebred steel types.

Yanmega is not enough, and besides, yanmega is still sorta gay!

I don't know about that. I stuck a few in the daycare and they were more than happy to start getting busy.

I think fire and electric. Fire's my fav type though so if I had to pick one, well it'd be fire.

The least represented types are dragon with 17 total 'mons and ghost with 18. OOOO, maybe we could get a ghost dragon! That would be sweet.

Steel is also poorly represented with only two purebred steel types.

I don't know about that. I stuck a few in the daycare and they were more than happy to start getting busy.

I said sorta gay! I meant that some were gay and some were bisexual!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom