• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Game Feature?

The Everstone! Just hold B when you're at the evolution screen and it does the exact same thing. What makes the everstone even worse is that its a held item so your pokemon will end up holding it instead of something useful.

Pressing B every level is definitely annoying. You only have to have an everstone until level 100 and then you can replace it. I've used them before for potential eviolite users.

Musicals. What is the point?

Mail comes in a close second. It would be much more useful if the communication wasn't limited.

The everstone is WONDERFUL if you plan to level a pokemon for moves (Treeko is the only one in its line to learn Giga Drain, and in the 40's). For me, the most useless feature would have to be either one-time use key items that never seem to remove themselves from your bag, the outside Pokemon in Gen 4, or the move Splash.

Last edited:
Sitting down. There is no use for it so it is the ultimate in uselessness. Sitting accidentally is also a minor annoyance.

The mail and mailbox features and items never used them in all the time they have been in the games

Sitting down. There is no use for it so it is the ultimate in uselessness. Sitting accidentally is also a minor annoyance.

In Gen 6, sitting down nets you some pretty neat views you otherwise wouldn't see. And in some places, you can see item balls that you otherwise wouldn't unless you took a lengthly little stroll.

In Gen 6, sitting down nets you some pretty neat views you otherwise wouldn't see. And in some places, you can see item balls that you otherwise wouldn't unless you took a lengthly little stroll.

I agree with both of you. My character accidentally sits down a lot, but it also gets some pretty nice views.

The "Withdraw Pokémon" and "Deposit Pokémon" options on the PC. We have "Move Pokémon" that does both things better because it doesn't require you to go back to the menu every time you want to replace a party member with something else.

Pokemon Amie is probably the most useless thing ever. All it does is evolve Sylveon. I don't think it even affects a pokemon's happiness.

Nothing a good controllable camera can't fix.

Nothing a good controllable camera can't fix.

Very true, and quite possible with the New 3DS, or a circle pad pro feature.

Never have been a big fan of the "Pokemon following you" feature. While it may not be entirely useless, the fact that you have no choice in the matter makes it more annoying than the entirely useless features that don't get forced on you too much.

Pokemon Amie is probably the most useless thing ever. All it does is evolve Sylveon. I don't think it even affects a pokemon's happiness.

It has a lot of in battle effects. A Pokémon with high levels of affection will sometimes cure itself from status effects like paralysis, has an increased critical hit ratio, will gain more experience, and will sometimes survive lethal attacks. Sadly, this can't be used online though.

Voltorb Flip in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, a complete waste of time.

It gives you coins to buy rare items and Pokémon. It's better than the luck based slots to me.

Here's one i don't think has been mentioned: vending machines.

In a shop i want to buy, say for example 10 hyper potions. I select hyper potions, i select 10, i pay and i'm done.
With a vending machine if i want 10 lemonades i have to buy. each. one. individually. and. pay. in. small. amounts. each. time. it. takes. so. long.

Here's one i don't think has been mentioned: vending machines.

In a shop i want to buy, say for example 10 hyper potions. I select hyper potions, i select 10, i pay and i'm done.
With a vending machine if i want 10 lemonades i have to buy. each. one. individually. and. pay. in. small. amounts. each. time. it. takes. so. long.

But it's a better value, that's the key. Fresh Water heals 50 HP, Soda Pop heals 60 HP, and I think Lemonade heals I think somewhere around 80 HP. It's a really good deal. I don't even buy Potions once I have access to the vending machines, I love them so.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom