• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most useless pokemon moves?

Step 1: Set up a Substitute when you think your foe is going for a support move, switch, or is faster than you.

Step 2: Use Focus Punch the next turn. Foe will probably break your sub.

Step 3: Enjoy.

lol, what makes that useless?

Sand-attack when my Pokemon gets hit by it it has 0% in accuracy if i use it on my opponent his/hers Pokemon has a 99% accuracy.

I'd say iron tail is a pretty useless move. You have iron head which is more accurate, and iron head can cause your opponent to flinch.

^Not all Pokémon can learn Iron Head, and Iron Tail is good for Pokémon that can't take out Rock types easily.

Hmm i think Recycle...:( Only works when you used a berry i think...:( Other than that there is a lot more.:p

Actually, I heard somewhere that Splash actually does damage when there's no gravity. But the only time I can think of a time where there's no gravity in a pokemon game is the Japanese versions of Ruby and Sapphire when you can go to the moon....

Actually, I heard somewhere that Splash actually does damage when there's no gravity. But the only time I can think of a time where there's no gravity in a pokemon game is the Japanese versions of Ruby and Sapphire when you can go to the moon....

Really???Hmm is'nt there an attack that that does something with Gravity???Something Clefairy can use...:/

Oh another useless attack is Harden...Well it does defend you but it takes time and time.:/

Besides the obvious Splash, Constrict is terrible. It has very low power, and anything that can learn it has better things it could be doing. It does have the possibility of lowering speed, but, eh.

Really???Hmm is'nt there an attack that that does something with Gravity???Something Clefairy can use...:/

Oh another useless attack is Harden...Well it does defend you but it takes time and time.:/

Hmm yeah I think it's something like that.

haha yeah Harden is a dumb move

My brain hurts from reading some of these.

Anyways I think Heal Pulse is pretty useless not being able to use it on the Pokemon using the move.

I've heard that Splash can turn into a OHKO, and that this has the lowest chance of happening out of any of the games. However, I don't think it's true and I haven't found anything to suggest that it is. It would be pretty cool, though.

I've heard that Splash can turn into a OHKO, and that this has the lowest chance of happening out of any of the games. However, I don't think it's true and I haven't found anything to suggest that it is. It would be pretty cool, though.

How can SPLASH be an OHKO move??

For goodness sake, people, please don't spread such baseless rumours. Splash cannot deal damage under any circumstances in the main series games and most certainly can't OHKO anything. There is also no trip to the moon in the Japanese version of Ruby and Sapphire. The only relationship between Gravity and Splash is that when the move Gravity is used it prevents the use of Splash because it is a move that requires the user to go airborne and Gravity prevents that.

It only has an effect in the Mystery Dungeon series - it does a low amount of damage to nearby Pokemon.

Splash can potentially be used on Wobbuffet, anticipating a Wobbuffet on Wobbuffet mirror match where the objective is to use Splash to stall out the other Wobbuffet, which will inevitably be made to Struggle sooner than the Splasher. Splash can have 64 PP at max, which none of Wobbuffet's other moves can have.

Synchronoise has no such gimmicks possible with it.

Water Sport, Mud Sport, Synchronoise, Quash in single battles.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom