• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Pokemon

why are people BLATENTLY ignoring the fact that there are Tires to this shit?

your NEVER gonna have to fight a beedrill against a salamance.

BECAUSE ONE IS IN UBER, AND THE OTHER IS IN NEVER USED.

granted, beedrill sucks in NU as well, but that's beside the point

ive beaten an ubers doubles team with my nu doubles team

why are people BLATENTLY ignoring the fact that there are Tires to this shit?

your NEVER gonna have to fight a beedrill against a salamance.

BECAUSE ONE IS IN UBER, AND THE OTHER IS IN NEVER USED.

granted, beedrill sucks in NU as well, but that's beside the point

Maybe because Pokemon can play in tiers above them? I use Venusaur and Houndoom in OU all the time. I've fought Salamence and Metagross and Tyranitar with my Meganium, and won sometimes too. That's why?

Maybe because Pokemon can play in tiers above them? I use Venusaur and Houndoom in OU all the time. I've fought Salamence and Metagross and Tyranitar with my Meganium, and won sometimes too. That's why?

then youve dis-proven your own point and those pokemon are not useless.

I'm not saying ignoring the tiers, they're just not applicable here. thats a specific situation in which they are useful. OU is standard, there is no ifs ands or buts about that. and in the standard metagame, NU and UU are useless, for the most part. Sure, there are some that shine (here's looking at you, Porgon2), but most have better counterparts in the standard metagame

then youve dis-proven your own point and those pokemon are not useless.

I never said those Pokemon were useless. In fact, my exact words were that they were outclassed, which they are. I gave a list of actual useless Pokemon and a list of useful, but outclassed Pokemon. Look at my post again, yeah?

Oh, and even if I had used Beedrill against a Salamence (which I haven't), my argument was referring to your post about tiers, which implied that Pokemon of lower tiers simply couldn't play in the higher ones. It had nothing to do with their usefulness or lackthereof.

ok, that makes a whole lot more sense, thank you.

Magicarp.

The thing can't do shit until it evolves. God knows how long that'll take. :bash:

Mewtwo.

photo-50888.jpg

Hmm...considering Magikarp evolve into Gyarados, Zubat eventually becomes Crobat, and Tentacruel can be a pretty good Pokémon to use...

I'd have to say Dunsparce.

How about Sentret? Furret also sucks. They're like Rattata and Raticate, but Rattata can do Focus Band/Endeavor trick and Sentret cannot.

I'm pretty much with Tricky Kipper on this one: there is no really useless Pokemon in-game. They all have their fans (be it for aesthetic purposes or otherwise), and some expand on the world even if they're not particularly fit for battle (but given the nature of this game as a monster-collector, literally every type of enemy can in turn be the player's ally and no creatures exist as simple background material... although, almost all the promotional Pokemon do only get a passing reference in the game's dialog, they eventually become available through legit methods), and some may keep unevolved types for the challenge, or at least to have a living Pokedex. I myself find Unown pretty nifty because, with only Hidden Power, you could have fun figuring out what type it is, then switch them in on specific foes and just wail away (it helps that their attack power is at least decent... Caterpie may've gotten a boost with STAB Bug Bite in Platinum, but I bet it'll still have a much harder time against opponents than Unown, assuming the Unown's Hidden Power isn't particularly weak). Of course, the single-player campaign itself could be done with practically anything so long as enough grinding's involved.

However, I will say that some Pokemon have been fucked over by GameFreak hard. Like Eneko/Skitty and Enekororo/Delcatty. Why is a Pokemon that requires a Moon Stone (which had been an especially rare item in generation 1 and even in generation 3, when this Pokemon was introduced, wasn't very easy to come by) to evolve so pathetically weak? No base stat above 70... seriously? It can't even work that well as support due to its speed (even if it is its highest stat). And what does generation 4 do to it? Give it an exclusive ability that hinders it more than helping (the only thing Normalize really has going for it is the gimmick of Thunderwaving Ground-types). At least its Dream World ability is somewhat decent (better than the first two, at least). Speaking of Dream World abilities, Delibird (another rather weak Pokemon) got trolled badly.

Last edited:
I would have to say Dunsparce and Wobbuffet but that might be only because I have not taken the time to discover any potential they may have?

Hmm...considering Magikarp evolve into Gyarados, Zubat eventually becomes Crobat, and Tentacruel can be a pretty good Pokémon to use...

I'd have to say Dunsparce.

Dunsparce is definetly Usless. i still think it a cool pokemon tho. Metal Gear Solid 3 made me appreciate it alot more ha

Furret, in my opinion, has a better moveset than Raticate. But Unown is DEFINITELY the most worthless Pokemon in existence.

Plusle and Minum, anyone?

I really don't see the point of creating a pokémon only for double battles.

Unown is useless in battle, but it's a good part of the plot, I think.

P.D. Don't blame Furret. It's a nice HM slave.

Plusle and Minum, anyone?

I really don't see the point of creating a pokémon only for double battles.

Unown is useless in battle, but it's a good part of the plot, I think.

P.S. Don't blame Furret. It's a nice HM slave.

Plusle and Minun can both learn powerful electric moves on their own, no one said they were only useful in double battles, lots of other Pokemon can learn Helping Hand. -.-"

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom