• Magnificent Entertainer barges into the Pastoria Gym, intent on getting his fifth Badge. Watch here as he chases some Team Galactic dingbat and yells at the police again.

Most Useless Pokemon

the future is not written
Reaction score
Dunsparce, Unown, Sunkern, and Combee.

Archosaur Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunsparce, Unown, Sunkern, and Combee.
dunsparce are nice if you have a low level battle with a friend/sibling >> especially if they use a pokemon like..5 levels higher

but unown and combee D: ugh

Reaction score
Delibird for being trolled. It has both Vital Spirit and Insomnia.

Wobbuffet but that might be only because I have not taken the time to discover any potential they may have?
Encore/Counter/Mirror Coat/Charm. Switch into an attack, Encore, Counter/Mirror Coat it to death.

Reaction score
To clarify on the last point, Magikarp takes forever to train and does practically nothing (maybe Tackle also) until it finally reaches Gyarados, which makes it almost worth it.

Meanwhile, Metapod on the other hand, is only not as bad if you train it from a Caterpie. I caught a Caterpie in Yellow, and once it became a Metapod, it still knew Tackle and String Shot (a wild Metapod would not know these). After it became a Butterfree a few levels later, it could use Confusion, which came in handy, as it was an extremely powerful move for my team.

Reaction score
Arceus is useless because no one has one. (except maybe those Action Replay jerks)

Farfetch'd isn't useless, you need it to fill your pokedex!

In fact, you need all pokemon to fill your pokedex so that means no pokemon is useless.

Grisly Bear
Reaction score
Jirachi/Celebi/Deoxys.
Never went to events & I have a strict no-cheating policy so I could never finish the Dex' );

So Fabulous~
Reaction score
Dunsparce, obviously. Magicarp evolves into gyarados, but Dunsparce dosn't evolve into ANYTHING.
You clearly have never used one before. Dunsparce are glorious.

Anyway, I believe the most useless would have to be Ledian. 4x Weak to Rock, Stealth Rock murders it, it has such a low defense, and it can't hit anything.

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
I think Magikarp is the most useless if you don't evolve it.

President of everything.
Reaction score
Unown.

Cascoon and Silcoon can be useful when they evolve, just not in their current forms.

Reaction score
Purrloin. It has the speed but no attack or defense and it's hard to train and therefore easy to be taken down in ANY kind of battle...guts me to say this because I usually like the cat-based pokémon in the series but this is either a contest pokémon or just a flop.