• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Most Useless Pokemon

Doesn't like your writing
Reaction score
Unown isn't the only useless pokemon. Since you now get heart scales for free everyday Luvdisc is now useless. Also Farfetch'd no wonder they're going extinct.
Farfetch'd is pretty useful as an HM whore that can learn both cut and fly, though that was more useful in 4th gen than in 5th gen.

Last edited:
Cosmic Sky Demon
Reaction score
Dunsparce. What the hell does it do? What is here for? I don't get it. They'd better give that an evo.

But I think Unown are cool.

Destined for Greatness
Reaction score
So does anyone here think that if Farfetch'd gained an Evolution it would be somewhat useful via Eviolite in Little Cup?

Reaction score
Sunkern/Sunflora.
Luvdisk
Zubat (not Crobat)
Arceus (so useful it's useless.)

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Reaction score
First off, let me say that Magikarp was pretty much intended from the start to be a joke Pokemon and not to be taken seriously.

Unown is pretty much useless given it only knows one move and only exists to move the plot, it's nothing but a gimmick Pokemon. Luvdisc is only useful for one thing, and that is getting heart scales, nothing more.

Tyranitar Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is Farfetch'd. There may have only been one of him in the RBY era, but he is weak and has no evolution.
For Christmas this year we're roasting a duck with leeks and calling it our Christmas Farfetch'd. Not joking.

Tyranitar Supporter
Reaction score
Unown x9000
And what's terrible about it is that it has all this power in every other Pokemon media but it's pitiful in the game.
And Hoppip. Its only purpose is to become a Jumpluff.
DUNSPARCE.

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score
Probably Arcues and Deoxys.

I couldn't find a use for either of them, they are way over hyped.

Reaction score
Dunsparce. You can't even use it in Little Cup.

Unown isn't the only useless pokemon. Since you now get heart scales for free everyday Luvdisc is now useless. Also Farfetch'd no wonder they're going extinct.
Farfetch'd is pretty useful as an HM whore that can learn both cut and fly, though that was more useful in 4th gen than in 5th gen.
I had heard the term "HM slave" before, but "whore" is just :'''D...

Aur

shiny hunter
Reaction score
Probably Delibird. I like its design, but its horrible, plus it only learns present, which is probably also one of the worse moves

(although it can learn moves via TM so it may not be the most useless pokemon, but i still think its pretty useless)

Too much water
Reaction score
Stumped
Reaction score
I find Watchog to be useless, since when I caught it in White, I even found a better HM Slave than it.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
According to a top 15 worst Pokemon list from Youtube, it's Burmy, because not only are its evolutions worthless stat wise, they're also both unoriginal in both typings and outclassed by every other Bug types who share the same typings.

Monoceros
Reaction score
Male Combee. It can only learn three moves and it can't evolve. I have a shiny one but I only caught the foolish thing because it was shiny.