• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Pokemon

Draedyn

Dragonite > Salamence
Reaction score
What is your personal worst and most useless Pokemon ever? What is a Pokemon that has no point and should not have been made a Pokemon?

Mine is Farfetch'd. There may have only been one of him in the RBY era, but he is weak and has no evolution.

How...dare..you..Farfetch'd can be worked properly, especially in gen II. Heck, in Gen IV I beat Thorton with a Farftech'd, Shedinja, and Azumarrill, so don't tell me those guys are useless. In my opinion, the most worthless has to be Zigzagoon. Except for Extremespeed through event, it's a lot worse than the other first-route Pokemon.

How...dare..you..Farfetch'd can be worked properly, especially in gen II. Heck, in Gen IV I beat Thorton with a Farftech'd, Shedinja, and Azumarrill, so don't tell me those guys are useless. In my opinion, the most worthless has to be Zigzagoon. Except for Extremespeed through event, it's a lot worse than the other first-route Pokemon.

Farfetch'd is cool, I will admit, but for, say, competitive battling, I doubt he can take on like a Tyranitar or something.

^ Note that that's why I hate competitive battling. Everyone uses the same Pokemon and never try the ones that work well.
Anyway, I think that Qwilfish is totally useless in game unless you are ripping people off over the GTS.

^ Note that that's why I hate competitive battling. Everyone uses the same Pokemon and never try the ones that work well.
Anyway, I think that Qwilfish is totally useless in game unless you are ripping people off over the GTS.

This, this, this, this, and THIS. Screw your competitive crap, I'm going to a tourney with a Poochyena, Rotom, Typhlosion, Swellow, Quagsire and Espeon!

Don't be silly. Farfetch'd is useless. he has no base stat over 65, his movepool is all normal or flying attacks (with few exceptions), and a stupid only he can use item.

Chatot is also useless.

as for your attacks are the metagame, theres a reason it is set up the way it is. Certain Pokemon suck. Certain Pokemon don't. If you're going to use bad pokemon, don't complain when you lose.

Meh, I could care less about competitive battling. I'll use the ones that suck and make 'em useful. So yeah, I'll take Farfetch'd and Smeargle over Tyranitar and Blissey any day.

and that's your choice. You can make them useful for your team, but that doesn't mean they're not useless pokemon.

Oh, and Corsola. He's also useless.

Luvdisc, Sunflora, Swellow, Girafarig...and houndoom

Swellow? HOUNDOOM???? How the hell are Swellow and Houndoom bad Pokemon? They're both excellent Pokemon with great stats, movepools and abilities that combine to form extremely good synergy.

Well, if we're going to call out every single Pokemon, then the obvious answers are Farfetch'd, Magikarp, Sunkerm, Beldum, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon and Cascoon.

Now, if we're only talking about fully evolved Pokemon, then the answer becomes:

Luvdisc
Farfetch'd
Beautifly
Butterfree
Beedrill
Dustox
Lumineon
Seaking

And those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. There's more out there, I'm sure.

If I may put a gen 5 pokemon here, smugleaf 3.0.
Speed and thats it.
Sure, leech seed and all of that stuff, but Sceptile fufills it's role better.

For gens 1-4, Pikachu.
The mascot of the fucking franchise sux like hell unless it holds a light ball and even then is so easy to OHKO?
And it's evo is only usable in NU and UU?
No thanks.

Swellow? HOUNDOOM???? How the hell are Swellow and Houndoom bad Pokemon? They're both excellent Pokemon with great stats, movepools and abilities that combine to form extremely good synergy.

Well, if we're going to call out every single Pokemon, then the obvious answers are Farfetch'd, Magikarp, Sunkerm, Beldum, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon and Cascoon.

Now, if we're only talking about fully evolved Pokemon, then the answer becomes:

Luvdisc
Farfetch'd
Beautifly
Butterfree
Beedrill
Dustox
Lumineon
Seaking

And those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. There's more out there, I'm sure.

None of those Pokémon are useless; they're just not overly powerful.

None of those Pokémon are useless; they're just not overly powerful.

And thus, when compared to other, much more useful and powerful Pokemon, they become, in fact, useless.

Or are you saying that they have the same level of usefulness than Gyarados, Ninetales, Arcanine, Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Lucario, the Starters, Metagross and Milotic?

The most useless Pokemon that I've ever had the misfortune to spend so much time training was a Luvdisc. I mean it wasn't a total waste of time, but I still didn't feel very accomplished with it.

Unown, Luvdisc

The first time I player FireRed, I remember I had in my team:

Blastoise
Pidgeot
Jolteon
AND FARFETCH'D!!
It is weak, I know, but with the right strategy, it can KO easily.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom