• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Pokemon

I hated it when Infernape made Blaziken obsolete> Blaziken has one of the best designs of the final starter forms imo
It always reminds me of a sort of Norse god or something from heavy metal
Much more visually appealing to me

Would have to be Unown, since I never really used one for long, and for the times I did it was just there in my party since all it could really use was Hidden Power.

Who gives a crap about competitive battling? But, in the actual game, I never found Vulpix to be much use, except in Gen I, when Sp. Attack and Sp. Def were one stat.

The Unown. an Unown's only purpouse is to spell things, it's stats are awful and it only learns one move. Its a gimmick Pokemon for the alphabet, and when you catch all 26 forms, you only get rewarded with two more forms. Unown sucks.

I find Watchog to be useless, since when I caught it in White, I even found a better HM Slave than it.
^This. Watchog is really only useful for the 'Dex and that's about it. I've never used it and I won't; it's chuckable in my book. Oh and I find Bidoof to be completely useless, except for one thing: breaking Poke Radar chains. :mad:

What? Farfetch'd was probably the best flying type in RBY. You can turn into a real sweeper!

Luvdisc, Rattata (The Top Percentage one ofc), Purugly, Cinccino.

That's 10%, lol.

well there are many i can say but i'm afraid i'll have to say the event notch'd ear pichu from a soulsilver event. i got it , getting really in love with it because it's so adorable but because of the time traveling..it can't evolve and i thought "fine i'll train it anyways!" but it's stats are just like that of a normal pichu...so i couldn't really train it much..it kept fainting on me even if it was ten levels higher then the pokemon it was fighting..

sorry i turn'd this into a mini rant..but i was disapointed i couldn't find a way to keep it with me through out the soul silver game.

My vote goes to Magikarp. While I don't hate it or anything, it has no redeeming fighting abilities except for Speed, and only one good trait isn't enough to make it useful. Heck, in games like Pokemon Rumble Blast and Pokemon Conquest, it can't do anything that will make a difference...just like in the main series. At least it can do something once it evolves into Gyarados...

Kricketot and Kricketune. They suck, they only know limited moves, why does Kricketune have a Mario mustache (Probopass is cool enough to let it slide), Both have horrible moves, and who likes crickets?

Sorry for the rant-ish thing, but yeah. Kricketot and Kricketune are horrible and useless.

Spinda. Even out of battle, things like Unown have inspired writing systems, Delibird could be used for delivery services, Magikarp can evolve to become useful, etc. But Spinda? It doesn't do ANYTHING except dance around and make passersby feel dizzy.

For me, it's any single stage Pokemon that doesn't have good stats and typing. Skarmory is exempt.

@Ghetsis_Dennis; I think I saw that list, too. Does the vid you are refering to censor Delibird's name in the second half of that countdown as well?

Anyways, here's my list.
~Unown
Pretty obvious why...

~Sunflora
Always gets creamed...

~Luvdisc
Sure there are heart scales they may have, but there's this girl in Unova that gives one scale daily.

~Male Combee
Bad stats, and unlike the female ones, cannot evolve.

Last edited:
Unown, Sunflora, and Kricketune. All of them have limited movesets, awful stats, and no one really uses them for battles anyway...

Alomomola is the most useless pokemon. It doesn't have the novelty useless status that Luvdisc does, because... Luvdisc was there first and we all secretly hate Alomomola just a little more than we hate Luvdisc.

And its stats make absolutely no sense. It looks like it was designed to do something, but it doesn't appear to be doing a good job of doing it, or even showing us what that job is supposed to be. MAYBE if it was supposed to be a counter to pokemon with draining moves, it could have a gigantic health stat and have Liquid Ooze, or even an ability that is Liquid Oozex2, but it just doesn't.

I don't battle competitively so this from casual playing. I don't include anything that evolves into something good so I will have a different list than most. Celebii (typing and the fact that's it's a legendary means it would worse if it wasn't one.) Sableye (spritomb has the no weakness typing without foresight and is much stronger.) Delibird. I'll add more when I think of them.

Male Combee. They're pretty useless, and I really don't like the fact how only females are the legit ones, and females have a lower chance of getting found. So basically unless you find a female Combee and manage to evolve it into a Vespiquen, you're stuck with a, (albeit sort of cute) Male Combee that barely knows many good moves and has low base stats.

The pokemon i liked and invested time and effort in to training was Noctowl in SoulSilver biggest waste of time EVER no matter how much i trained it, it was inferior to all the other pokemon in my team it had decent hit points but that was literally it completley useless in any battle.

I hate tentacool just frigging tentacool !!!i never actually caught one. its just the ugly thing that turns a 1 minute surf into an hour long session of frustation it dosent help its pretty much 90% tentacool on most surf routes.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom