• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most Useless Pokemon

Male Combee. They're pretty useless, and I really don't like the fact how only females are the legit ones, and females have a lower chance of getting found. So basically unless you find a female Combee and manage to evolve it into a Vespiquen, you're stuck with a, (albeit sort of cute) Male Combee that barely knows many good moves and has low base stats.
At least it can gather Honey so you can sell those if you happen to be just a few Pokedollars short on buying an important item.

Unown can't even do that.

Luvdisc. I mean, what on Earth is Luvdisc? A Heart Fish? I don't even know... Also why are people calling all these bug types useless :( Butterfree + Quiver Dance + Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder isn't even a bad Pokemon competitive wise! :p

Male Combee. They're pretty useless, and I really don't like the fact how only females are the legit ones, and females have a lower chance of getting found. So basically unless you find a female Combee and manage to evolve it into a Vespiquen, you're stuck with a, (albeit sort of cute) Male Combee that barely knows many good moves and has low base stats.
At least it can gather Honey so you can sell those if you happen to be just a few Pokedollars short on buying an important item.

Unown can't even do that.

Yeah, don't even get me started on Unown XD

male Combee, Delibird,Pachirisu, and Luvdisc come to mind right now. they're pretty weak.

Chimecho. Not only are its stats sub-par at best and immensely outshined by other psychic-types, and not only did it get an even weaker pre-evoultion in Chingling...but its ridiculous rarity was made even more infuriating once you found out that this thing you probably took forever and a day trying to track down was a mediocre Pokemon.

I severely dislike Pikachu although I like using Pichu and Raichu myself. Pikachu besides being the mascot, doesn't appeal to me, but Plusle and Minun don't even have a fifth-generation strategy on smogon, which makes them seem useless to me, though they are cute.

Luvdisc is really annoying, Zubat makes my trip through any cave miserable, and on that note, Woobat does not seem any better. Roggenrola with Sturdy I would appreciate more if it didn't take so long to kill them, but I don't consider them useless because Gigalith is awesome. Magikarp at least will evolve into Gyarados, and Feebas into Milotic. Why won't Luvdisc evolve into anything better?

Unown... I spent so long trying to find ! and ? Unowns to get a full set in Leaf Green and I never did and Hidden Power being there only move makes them exceedingly useless, I mean, at least you can put TMs on Delibird, though that's on my list too.

People naming Zubat, Taillow and others ignore that they can be monsters in Little Cup. I say we should talk about Pokémon that are just useless in every case. Besides the obvious (Magikarp, Sunkern and Feebas) I find Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox and Dunsparce pretty useless.

People naming Zubat, Taillow and others ignore that they can be monsters in Little Cup. I say we should talk about Pokémon that are just useless in every case. Besides the obvious (Magikarp, Sunkern and Feebas) I find Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox and Dunsparce pretty useless.

It could be just me, but when I wasn't solo'ing the Johto region, Butterfree helped me out in a lot of cases because there weren't any decent Psychic pokemon available early in the games, and Butterfree learns Confusion and Psybeam at a fairly low level. I beat Morty and Chuck with a Butterfree, so maybe it isn't really all that useless??

Anyways, I find Basculin useless. Just another dex filler

In my current black 2 playthrough ive been trying to catch as many pokemon as i can (sounds obvious but its not something i used to do all that often when i played) and i just plain refuse to catch that damn thing.

It could be just me, but when I wasn't solo'ing the Johto region, Butterfree helped me out in a lot of cases because there weren't any decent Psychic pokemon available early in the games, and Butterfree learns Confusion and Psybeam at a fairly low level. I beat Morty and Chuck with a Butterfree, so maybe it isn't really all that useless??

Uh, but you can find Abra and Drowzee in Goldenrod City's outskirts :|

Uh, but you can find Abra and Drowzee in Goldenrod City's outskirts :|

It would be wise to note that both of those two Pokemon are weak against ghost-types. Meaning that, in the event that one of Morty's Pokemon had higher speed, they would be able to slam you with Shadow Ball right off the bat. And if a Shadow Ball is coming from a Gengar and smacking either of those Pokemon, who are weak to Ghost and don't exactly have stellar special defense, that stuff's gonna hurt.

However, Butterfree is able to deal super-effective damage with Psychic-type moves in addition to not being weak to the ghost-type moves that Morty and pals will inevitably throw your way.

I spelled things out to my GTS negotiations partners using Unown, so there you go.

Gen I: Voltorb and Electrode (even Klink family works better), Nidorina and Nidoqueen (cannot breed)
Gen II: Unown (stupid stats making it not a legendary) and Dunsparce (useless at looks)
Gen III: Luvdisc (freaking useless), Shedinja (genderless even evolved from gendered ones)
Gen VI: Pachirisu (useless stats and abilities (excluding DW ones), only one in anime), Porygon-Z (why need two evolutions for Porygon instead of one baby Pokémon) and Combee (only female can evolve, and I think she shall be 100% female only instead of 87.5% male to 12.5% female)
Gen V: None yet.

Flareon. It's a powerful addition to a team, but it can't do anything with that huge Attack stat but no STAB physical attacks except Fire Fang and Flame Charge.

Shuckle. It can deal the most damage possible in the games, but your opponent would have to be impossibly idiotic to let you set up like that.

Wobbuffet. By the time it's through taking down one Pokemon, it has too little HP to kill something else.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom