• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most valued shiny ?

I think any of the pokemon who have like good shiny colorations. None of the ones that are really similar for jjust a shade darker(sandshrew for example) The ones that stand out against there noon shiny counter part i would say have to be the most valued in my opinion even if that does mean there is a lot.

IMHO, any pokemon that is a guaranteed shiny has little value out in the trading market, since odds are lots of ppl already have them and (idk about u but i) only care for having one of each species. Shiny Gyarados for example.

-"You found a shiny Magikarp in that one lake in Diamond?!
--awesome!
-you just evolved it?
--sweet!
*roll out HG/SS*
oh you have a shiny gyarados? so what, i have 5 now."

:| over saturation of 100% guaranteed shinnies ruins their market value. Nobody who has the game its available for will want your random/rng'd/bred shiny if they got one easily from an event.

but anywho, what i consider to be of high value nowadays are: Charizard, Riolu, (any shiny legendary or starter), Chandelure, etc.

My shiny Rattata that I caught in FireRed. I evolved it, and transferred it through all my my games to my White.

My Hasty Golem for sure. He's golden! Had him since FireRed, when he was just a Geodude.

@turtlekid: Just a friendly reminder; please remember not to double post, or post two messages consecutively. Thanks.

Well my most valuable shiny at the moment is my shiny ponyta in SoulSilver which I just randomly came across while levelling a Luxio.

I think this topic should be about which shiny is most valuable to you, not just valuable in general, since there's no real way of knowing that...though from experience, shiny Ditto, Lucario, Umbreon, Charizard and Zoroark seem to be highly sought after.

My personal shiny treasure, though, would be my shiny Galvantula. On my first time through Chargestone Cave, on literally the last tile of the cave, I found a shiny, male, Compound Eyes Joltik. And Galvantula is my favourite Gen V Pokémon. It was destiny that I should find him...
I also highly value my shiny Toxicroak, RNG'd for me by a close friend,band my Corsola, coz a blue Corsola is just awesome.
I also has a Shiny Galvantula, although its a female! :D

But anyway, IMO, Shiny Metagross must be the most epic Shiny! Simply because of its colors! Going from Blue and grey to White and yellow is really something IMO and it even got an anime debut too! Something is special about it ;D

I didn't think it was even possible to get shiny starter pokemon without hacking

Actually it is possible, but VERY time consuming. I forget the statistics but you have like 1 in a 1,000,000 (Not the actual number but it's a example) of encountering or obtaining a shiny pokemon. So if you really want a shiny starter that bad, you could save the game before you receive it and keep choosing the pokeball in hopes that the pokemon might be shiny. So that's the "legit" way to get a shiny pokemon, but you need a lot of time on your hands and feeling extremely lucky that day.

I can't decide on my most valued shiny. Either my Ditto, because I imagine it's pretty rare, or my shiny Milotic (because Milotic is one of my favourites). Chandeleur, Omastar, Charizard would be good, but I'm breeding for a shiny Espeon (it's green!) using the Masuda Method. On a related note, I find it illogical that shininess isn't hereditary - I thought I'd struck gold when I caught my shiny Ditto.

I don't think shinies have value at this point (. .) Between cheating devices, RNG abuse, the PokeRadar, and etc, they've just lost their appeal in my eyes. I only consider using them if their colour fits well with my team (considering my teams are colour-coordinated).
The shiny I personally value most is my Shinx, though, since it's the only one I didn't RNG or Radarchain for (9 9)
I have to agree with this. There was a day when I was trying to fill up my Pokedex in GTS Negotiations where three consecutive people showed me their entire catalog of shiny Pokemon and then immediately stopped the communications. Shinies are rather obnoxious to me now. The only Pokemon that are valuable to me as shinies are the ones whose shiny sprite is more attractive than their normal sprite.
That being said, most Dragon Pokemon have great shiny sprites. Carizard is sick-nasty.

The only shiny I've ever gotten(besides the Red Gyarados) is a rufflet in my first run of White. I ended up restarting that game and losing the shiny anyway.

If it's "value".. Then I would say any non-breedable pokes like Unown and Ditto.. I guess Ditto can be even rarer than non-event Legendaries as it's encounter rate isn't high, on the other hand you can save load for Legendary if you are crazy enough..

Ditto's not actually that hard if you have DPPt. It's chainable in all three games and that ups the shiny odds a lot. As long as you can keep up the chain you can get some shiny dittos.

Actually it is possible, but VERY time consuming. I forget the statistics but you have like 1 in a 1,000,000 (Not the actual number but it's a example) of encountering or obtaining a shiny pokemon. So if you really want a shiny starter that bad, you could save the game before you receive it and keep choosing the pokeball in hopes that the pokemon might be shiny. So that's the "legit" way to get a shiny pokemon, but you need a lot of time on your hands and feeling extremely lucky that day.

1/8192 under normal conditions, much less than a million. D:

1/200 in DPPt with the pokeradar at a chain of 40. This obviously does not apply to the starters.

1/2048 when breeding with a foreign pokemon in a fourth gen game.

1/1336 when breeding with a foreign pokemon in a fifth gen game.

Three of those can be applied to starters, the same three to anything you can breed actually, the second one applies to anything in normal grass in DPPt, and the first applies to everything except event pokemon, victini, reshiram, and zekrom. So yes, it's possible to get a shiny starter as well as almost everything else. D:

The only shiny I've ever gotten(besides the Red Gyarados) is a rufflet in my first run of White. I ended up restarting that game and losing the shiny anyway.

Why would you do that? D:

It would have to be either my Snubbull (my first non-Gyarados shiny), or my Chimecho (my first non- chained shiny).

Mine would be the only shiny I actually have at the moment - my shiny Blitzle. I don't really see why people like shiny Charizard so much, to be honest - it doesn't look that nice. I'd love to have a shiny Reshiram or Victini because they look great. It's just a shame it's impossible to get them...

Well if you are going on worth alone then it would probably be the roaming legendary's that weren't released in some sort of event. Lati@s, Mespirit, Cresselia, Thundurus, and Tornadus. Mostly because it is harder to soft reset or manipulate the RNG to obtain them. Other than those it would probably be based on personal preference. Personally I would love to get my hands on a shiny Ponyta and/or shiny Darkrai.

For me personally it would be my Dratini, just for the fact the SRing process is tiring and hard work and needs full concentration unlike running back and forth for an hour or two which tou can do while watching telly or whatever.

For value it would be a shiny Magikarp for me...joke XD

Personally I think it comes down to personal choice and favour, so I would think that the most value to me would be a shiny Rayquaza, or Charizard for the simple fact that their shiny colouration seems to drastically improve their appearance.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom