• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mother and Child Revived on Christmas Eve - Pronounced Miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
http://www.tonic.com/article/dead-mom-baby-revived-christmas-eve-miracle/

This story begins at 5 a.m. Christmas Eve in the Colorado Springs home of Mike Hermanstorfer and his pregnant wife, Tracy. Although Tracy wasn't due for several weeks, her water broke and they knew that time was drawing near. They rushed to the hospital and while in labor the unthinkable happened: Tracy went into cardiac arrest.

For several heart-wrenching minutes hospital staff tried to revive Tracy to no avail, so doctors ordered an emergency C-section — without anesthesia — to get the baby out. But alas, he wasn't breathing either when he was pulled out of his mom's belly.

"Half of my family was lying right there in front of me — there's no other way to say it — dead," Mike Hermanstorfer reportedly told KRDO, according to Good Morning America.

But things started to change right after his son's birth. For reasons unknown, Tracy's pulse returned shortly after the birth. Doctors then wheeled her into surgery to complete the C-section. Soon after, while Mike held his lifeless son, he too began breathing again — much to his father's shock and delight.

"They actually got him started right in my hands," said Mike. "That is an amazing feeling."

Mom and baby are doing so well they left the hospital on Monday to join Mike and their two older kids at home.

Doctors still don't know what caused Tracy's mysterious cardiac arrest, but Mike has his own theory.

"There's only one explanation for having either one of them, let along both of them," Mike told reporters. "It's just an absolute miracle."

Long story short: Pregnant woman died in labor, had C-section without painkillers, baby found dead, then baby revived and mother shortly revived thereafter. Proclaimed miracle.

That's amazing... they died and came back to life a few minutes later... someone got a really great Christmas gift...........

wow... miricals must happen, i guess god himself must have bestowed it :D

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of Thanksgiving last year when, the day before, my grandfather was doing fine one minute, then had a heart attack and needed to be rushed to the hospital where he was given a 25% chance of survival. He made it through the night, and our family kept talking about how we had something to be really thankful for that year. Not only did he make it, but within a few months he had fully recovered. He's now just as he was before he had the heart attack. Stuff like that can only be described as a miracle.

Of course, from that experience, I know there's a recovery period associated with things like this, so here's hoping they manage to make it all the way through like my grandfather did.

I've never been one to believe in "miracles", but that story is nothing short of amazing

I wonder how having such an extraordinary story of his birth is going to affect the kid's relationship with his parents and the way he sees himself as he grows up. I was conceived under pretty extraordinary and unusual circumstances and it totally affects how the few people in my family who know about it relate to me. Like I was endowed with some kind of luck or supernatural power before I was born or something. It's an amazing story but it also kind of creeps me out a little (both my story and, obviously, his story).

I hope his family are pretty discreet about it. As amazing a miracle as this is, can you imagine having your parents tell it every time you are introduced to someone, or attributing all of your successes in life back to your remarkable birth? At the very least, I'm sure this will come up again on every birthday.

It's nice to hear a story like this every now and again...it does a little to restore my faith, not only in humanity, but that there just might be a just and loving God up there watching over us.

Stuff like that happenes all the time. For example, someone i know who was pregnant got into a almost fatal car crash. They almost died, and the baby died, but the woman barely survived and eventually recovered well.

That was amazing, but its not a "huge miracle".

...Holy... [censored]....
Hold on while I go look for my lower jaw, I don't want to step on it on the way to bed...

I hope his family are pretty discreet about it. As amazing a miracle as this is, can you imagine having your parents tell it every time you are introduced to someone, or attributing all of your successes in life back to your remarkable birth? At the very least, I'm sure this will come up again on every birthday.

Thing that sucks. His birthday's on Christmas. He gets less presents. Sucks, doesn't it?

Thing that sucks. His birthday's on Christmas. He gets less presents. Sucks, doesn't it?
No you get double the presents man. Anyway....this is amazing. Like holy shit amazing. I don't care what people say but the magic of Christmas does exist, and anyone saying elsewise is a fool. Also just noticed. This kid got born died and was revived all on Christmas morn. Did everything Jesus did in one hour. On his birthday. Awesome.

Last edited:
Well, it seems miracles do really happen on Christmas. :)

Well, I wouldn't call it a miracle just because it happened on Christmas eve, but it was of course fantastic. But I wonder, would this get so much attention if it didn't happen in Christmas? I have my doubts. Still, some good news, I suppose, and we could always use some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom