• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Mother Tongue

Languages Pokemon games are translated into.

• English

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • French

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • German

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Spanish

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Japanese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State below)

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's your first language? I have noticed that many people here are not native speakers of English, so say which language you first spoke, or what is spoken around you at the moment, and what other languages you happen to know.

My first language is English, and it's the only language I know.

Reaction score
Icelandic.
But I was born and raised in Sweden so I guess Swedish deserves a mention as well, although I always spoke Icelandic at home.

give me good luck
Reaction score
my first language was polish, though after a while I got used to english that I don't remember any anymore. :|

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
My first language is English.
I'm currently learning Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.

the chosen
Reaction score
My mother tongue is Spanish :) But, I can speak English to the point it's almost like speaking Spanish to me. I am also learning Japanese just for fun... although I'm far from done! I want to learn many many more languages!

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!!
Reaction score
I mainly speak English, but I can also speak Norwegian and trying to learn French and Japanese.

There is only one king!
Reaction score
English is my main language, though I did take two years of Italian in high school and remember some of it

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
English, but I'm trying to learn Spanish, which is my native's language.

memes
Reaction score
Dutch is my native language. I also know English and a bit of German.

generally on hiatus now
Reaction score
English and French both.
I know as much french as english, et je parle francais tout les joure. My mam is swiss, so i speak it at home lots. Im also reqyired to speak irish. Go raibh maith agat.

Hψ=Eψ
Reaction score
I speak Norwegian and English. In addition, most Norwegians can easily understand what Danes and Swedes say, so you might add those ('cause they're not too hard to speak either)

make pasta, not war!
Reaction score
obviously, italian is my first language. english is the other language I know.

Orange And Black October
Reaction score
My first language was Tagalog, having been born in the Philippines.

Keep moving forward
Reaction score
Ma langue maternelle est le Français.
My mother tongue is French.

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
My mother tongue is English, but I know some French, and a little bit of Japanese.

Reaction score
Same as Zenax, my mother tongue is French and it's the language I use everyday. Other languages I can speak fluently are English (duh) and Spanish. Going to learn German and Mandarin Chinese when I start college next week.

Languages are my life. :)

busy
Reaction score
My mother tongue is Korean. I also speak and read in English well.