• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mother Tongue

Languages Pokemon games are translated into.

• English

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • French

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • German

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Spanish

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Japanese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State below)

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
In my house, my parents used to always speak to me in a mixture of Kannada, a south Indian Dravidian language, and English. Technically, being taught to use English grammar and the fact that I think in English makes English my mother tongue. Due to my knowing Kannada however, I can pronounce words in many other languages much better than most of my friends. I'm also learning Spanish, and know a bit of Arabic, French, Urdu, Hindi, Greek, and Louisiana Creole. I never really have the motivation to learn to speak a language fluently.

My first language was Indonesian.

The language I speak the most is English, though. And I'm more fluent in English than Indonesian, currently.

English and Greek. I switched between the two for my grandmother had no knowledge of the English language, so I was bilingual since I could talk.

I actually think I learned Japanese when I was one or two, but then forgot most of it and learned English, which is really the only one I speak ACTUALLY fluently.

English was my first language but I dabble in Japanese, German, Korean and Spanish nowadays.

My native language is English, specifically General American English with a near-nonexistant, ever-so-slight, barely-noticable pint of Southern. I speak miniscule French, for no other reason than that I feel stupid knowing that lots of people elsewhere speak multiple languages, and so I wanted to know more than one language. Still, only miniscule amounts.

I know as much french as english, et je parle francais tout les joure.

I believe this means "and I speak French all the time".

I'm also very fluent in Gibberish. Funny thing about Gibberish, it's the most complicated language in the world, yet the easiest to learn.

My mother tongue is Cantonese. Unfortunately, I can't speak it very fluently anymore, although I can still understand it.

My mother tongue is French (born & raised), la plus merveilleuse langue au monde!!
Et je peux parler Anglais et Japonais aussi.

My mother tongue is Gujarati, the language of my region Gujarat in India.
I also know Hindi,Sanskrit(only a little bit) and English(of course).

There's so many bilingual people~

My mother language is Spanish but I don't like the conjugations of the verbs and the many rules and exceptions, but I think French wins if we talk about exceptions to the rule xD. I'm used to think and write in English, but not that I speak it a lot, I'm still trying to improve my accent!

I'm also a bit fluent in French thanks to having taken it for more than 5 years at school and I love the French accent.

That's kind of complicated. The first two languages I was fluent in were Vietnamese and Dutch, but I now speak English and can hardly speak the other two.

English is my first and only language. I want to learn Japanese someday, though.

Moj materni jezik je slovenščina. My mother tounge is Slovenian. Naturally, I use it every day.

English is my second language, and I dare say that I speak, read and write in English as if it were my native language, as it is most likely evident to the people who talk or have talked to me on here.

I also know Croatian, being my Dad's native language. I'm taking French in school, and doing well. And last but not least, I know some Spanish.

I guess it's spanish, I used to speak it way better as a kid then I do now ^^; Prob cause once I started school I spoke less and less over time. :p

I can only speak Portuguese.
I know a thing or two in English and I guess I'm very able to read anything in Spanish.

Finnish is my mother tounge i do use it pretty much every day when i speak with my mother since her swedish i terrible.
I can speak Swedish aswell as understand Norwegian and Danish.

Last edited:
My first language was English, but I'm currently learning French.

Back
Top Bottom