• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Move" or "Moves"?

Quagbert

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
As I posted on the Project MoveDex discussion page, I'm working on a stub version of the main move article, currently named "Moves," to satisfy a total of 393 pages that are linking to one. I'm titling it "Moves" to fit with the main articles on Natures, Abilities, Items, etc., all of which have plural titles, then creating "Move" as a redirect page. However, in case anyone disagrees and prefers to have it the other way around, I'm going to wait before saving the article.

BTW, here's the text of the article (not including the stub part) in case anyone has anything to add or correct:
Moves (also known as attacks or techniques) are what Pokémon have primarily used in battle ever since the Generation I games. They have always been learned by leveling up and via Technical and Hidden Machines, and since Generation II they can also be learned through Breeding and from Move Tutors. However, a Pokémon can only remember four moves at a time.

See also: List of moves

The difference between Items & Abilities and Moves are that the former two are pages listing information about each member of its set, whereas the latter does not.

Of course, we can just shuffle the two pages around as needed, as long as the redirect stays.

The problem with plural titles is that they're not convenient to link in singular form. That's probably why the majority of Wikipedia titles are singular...

Alright then, the main article entitled "Move" is now online, with "Moves" as a redirect page.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom