• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Move Tutors/Expanding movepools

Both Superpower and Focus Punch are tutor moves in ORAS, so that's where Swampert gets them from.

Ice Punch on Blaziken is surprising considering its "cousins" Infernape and Emboar don't have access to Ice Punch according to the mine. Game Freak probably gave the move to Blaziken because it is a Hoenn starter (even though it really doesn't need Ice Punch to sweep).

Emboar learns Scald and it's still the only Fire Pokémon to learn a Water move (aside obvious Volcanion).

Now Blaziken gets Ice Punch and when I saw this, I laughed.

While Blaziken and Pikachu are getting Ice Punch and Icicle Crash, Kyurem is still sitting in the corner waiting for a good physical Ice STAB.

http://i.********/vp/1416437384035.jpg

Uproar - 8BP
Iron Tail - 8BP
Bounce - 8BP
Drill Run - 8BP
Iron Head - 8BP
Zen Headbutt - 8BP
Aqua Tail - 12BP
Dragon Pulse - 12BP

First list of tutors has shown up (looks to be more when scrolling down ofc).

BP are going to make getting these moves so easy. Bank gives me ~60 BP a day and the Maison is easy to grind against.

I love that most of the good moves require low BP. It is very reassuring that we don't have to get shards or 32-48 BP from facilities that award BP after beating the entire challenge this time.

Hopefully someone playing the game will confirm all the other tutors. Particularly interested to see if Dark Pulse + Sleep Talk are removed or replaced, as they were still listed as tutors in the demo datamine even though they are TMs.

Blaziken can not learn Ice Punch. Here's level up moves.

Here is the tutor list also from Serebii:
Tutor 1
Bind 4 BP
Snore 4 BP
Water Pulse 4 BP
Shock Wave 4 BP
Bug Bite 4 BP
Covet 4 BP
Low Kick 8 BP
Signal Beam 8 BP
Giga Drain 8 BP
Thunder Punch 8 BP
Fire Punch 8 BP
Ice Punch 8 BP
Drain Punch 8 BP
Knock Off 12 BP
Super Fang 12 BP
Dual Chop 12 BP
Endeavor 16 BP

Tutor 2

Uproar 8 BP
Iron Tail 8 BP
Bounce 8 BP
Drill Run 8 BP
Iron Head 8 BP
Zen Headbutt 8 BP
Aqua Tail 12 BP
Dragon Pulse 12 BP
Seed Bomb 12 BP
Heat Wave 12 BP
Last Resort 12 BP
Hyper Voice 12 BP
Foul Play 12 BP
Earth Power 12 BP
Outrage 16 BP
Superpower 16 BP
Gunk Shot 16 BP
Sky Attack 16 BP
Focus Punch 16 BP

Tutor 3
Block 8 BP
Skill Swap 8 BP
Synthesis 8 BP
Role Play 8 BP
Pain Split 8 BP
Gastro Acid 8 BP
Worry Seed 8 BP
Spite 8 BP
After You 8 BP
Helping Hand 8 BP
Trick 8 BP
Recycle 8 BP
Snatch 8 BP
Magic Coat 8 BP
Magnet Rise 8 BP
Iron Defense 8 BP

Tutor 4
Heal Bell 8 BP
Tailwind 8 BP
Magic Room 8 BP
Wonder Room 8 BP
Stealth Rock 8 BP
Gravity 8 BP
Electroweb 8 BP
Icy Wind 12 BP

Last edited:
So Blaziken can't learn Ice Punch? They really have trolled us all over the place pre-release. They need to get their act together.

Good to have a complete list. Sad there's no Sucker Punch returning but oh well. I'm glad it's BP, BP is ridiculously easy to farm thanks to Bank and the Maison, whereas Shards would probably have been annoying.

It's funny i'm not seeing any gen VI moves on that list. (Not even status moves). But i AM seeing water pulse :D come hither Glaceon, you poor neglected creature. It'll be all right now.

I noticed that Chesnaught can learn Drain Punch now, which is perfect! Since I use my Chesnaught as a physical wall, he would be better off with Drain Punch than Hammer Arm, which he has right now.

Leech Seed and Drain Punch can together help Chesnaught keeping healthy and also recover some of the recoil from Wood Hammer, if he uses that :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom