• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Move Tutors/Expanding movepools

I'd just like to see the return of the Elemental Punches and Drain Punch. I have shinies that I caught in the Friend Safari that could benefit from those moves and I don't have access to them in Kalos. To have them back would be nice.

Adding some Dragon and Fairy type moves to both Sceptile and Milotics move pools would be greatly appreciated. Especially since the former is now part Dragon via Mega evolution and I want the latter to have a mega evo that's part Fairy.

Can't go wrong with bringing back the BW2 tutors with some 6 gen moves like play rough freeze dry and phantom force which I can easily see as tutor moves. I also hope they make some more old moves teachable like focus punch, iron tail and hydro pump.

We are seriously overdue for moves like hyper voice, giga drain, drain punch, earth power, aqua tail and outrage to return.

Just adding here that Lopunny can now learn High Jump Kick, so it doesn't need to use Sky Uppercut or Jump Kick anymore.

And Focus Punch and Circle Throw. Straight up face smasher and back breaker while wearing fashion pants.

I guess many former Gen-III TMs will return as tutor moves, no?

And I think M-Gyarados would love to have Sucker Punch, or at least Crunch.

Give Gyarados Crunch pls

I've given up hope. I wanted Gyarados to have Crunch back in 3rd gen when it was worthless JUST FOR FLAVOR REASONS. There's all the reason in the world to give Crunch to a pokemon whose primary feature is his terrifying gaping maw and has a dark type mega evolution. Especially when Crunch is already learned by Sceptile, the elemental monkeys, and Crawdaunt, who doesn't even use his nonexistent mouth for the attack.

/endrant

I definitely want a Superpower Move Tutor again, along with either the return of Hyper Voice or Boomburst getting a slightly larger distribution. Hyper Voice Aurorus is something in particular I'd want to see. I'd also really like a Play Rough tutor. Or even Moonblast, so Fairies without a good STAB like Dedenne might be able to learn it.

I definitely want a Superpower Move Tutor again, along with either the return of Hyper Voice or Boomburst getting a slightly larger distribution. Hyper Voice Aurorus is something in particular I'd want to see. I'd also really like a Play Rough tutor. Or even Moonblast, so Fairies without a good STAB like Dedenne might be able to learn it.

Unfortunately, I feel like if they wanted Dedenne to get Moonblast, they would have given it to him in X and Y. It should have gotten Dazzling Gleam at the least, but it can't even get that for some reason.

I imagine Secret Power is going to be a tutor move, like Headbutt was in HG/SS.

I guess many former Gen-III TMs will return as tutor moves, no?

And I think M-Gyarados would love to have Sucker Punch, or at least Crunch.
They really don't like giving Gyarados secondary STAB, huh?

Moonblast should be a Move Tutor move IMO.
That's fine, as long as it's still almost completely restricted to fairy-types. I'd prefer fairy coverage not be common.

Rock Smash is confirmed to be a HM again, which frees up a TM slot. So I'd bet Secret Power becomes the TM that replaces Rock Smash.

Rock Smash is confirmed to be a HM again, which frees up a TM slot. So I'd bet Secret Power becomes the TM that replaces Rock Smash.
Here's hoping they they revoke Quash of its TM status too. I'm near positive they won't, sadly.

Seriously Quash is a good move but not many Pokemon learn it via TM and few of them can even use it well.

Murkrow is the best user but it learns it by level up.

Give Gyarados Crunch pls

With his massive mouth, I'm shocked he's not able to use it. I feel like Bite and Tackle should be basic moves that all Pokémon should learn in their first ten levels, excluding a few special cases, of course.

Moonblast should be a Move Tutor move IMO.
That's fine, as long as it's still almost completely restricted to fairy-types. I'd prefer fairy coverage not be common.

Play Rough would make more sense, in my opinion. We already have many Pokemon able to learn Dazzling Gleam for Special Fairy coverage. There's no reason for them to make Moonblast tutorable, since it is pretty restrictive even among Fairies already, so I doubt many other Pokemon would be able to even get it. With a good few non-Fairy Pokemon getting Play Rough via Breeding, it only makes sense that it should be able to be tutored, in my opinion. Plus, it's Physical coverage, too.

Play Rough could be interesting. I'd like to see Chesnaught and Pangoro learn it, not that it'd make much of a difference to them in the bigger picture of things.

Also Pangoro should learn the elemental punches, Knock Off and Drain Punch from tutors. It's really annoying it didn't get Drain Punch already. And Chesnaught should learn Drain Punch too of course.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom