• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Move Tutors/Expanding movepools

I think Game Freak should expand Ninetale's default movepool to include all the Grudge variants. It only learns Grudge as a Vulpix, meaning if it loses it after evolution, its locked out of it forever. Game Freak should give it Grudge, Destiny Bond, and Memento. For battle purposes, I think Destiny Bond is the only useful one, but aesthetically, I'd like it to get all three.

I've been using Ninetales lately in Rotation to set up sun. It's great, it can make it last for 8 turns thanks to Heat Rock, but Ninetales is literally dead weight after that (unless I need to set sun up again). Anything Ninetales can kill, my other Pokemon can as well. As far as dead weight goes, Destiny Bond at least allows Ninetales to take down slower Pokemon that it couldn't otherwise hurt with its unboosted SpA stat--if a vengeful fox is going to die, I'd like to think that it would take its opponent with it in the most petty way possible.

Same with pretty much any Mega that changes type for that matter (Charizard, Mewtwo, Ampharos), it kinda sucks for them because Megas don't have different movepools and can't really take advantage of the type change that well.

At least they have easy(ish) access to a move that can take advantage of the type change. With any luck though Sceptile will either get Dragon Pulse added to Treeckos egg pool, get it as a Heart Scale-able move like Ampharos did for its mega, or it'll be put in as a tutor able move somewhere, preferably somewhere near where we get the mega stone to take the most advantage of Sceptiles typing.

or they can make it so treeko can learn dragon moves by leveling up they did this with charamnder for fire red/leaf green he only learns metal claw in those games he can't learn it in r/s or emerald

Same with pretty much any Mega that changes type for that matter (Charizard, Mewtwo, Ampharos), it kinda sucks for them because Megas don't have different movepools and can't really take advantage of the type change that well.

At least they have easy(ish) access to a move that can take advantage of the type change. With any luck though Sceptile will either get Dragon Pulse added to Treeckos egg pool, get it as a Heart Scale-able move like Ampharos did for its mega, or it'll be put in as a tutor able move somewhere, preferably somewhere near where we get the mega stone to take the most advantage of Sceptiles typing.

or they can make it so treeko can learn dragon moves by leveling up they did this with charamnder for fire red/leaf green he only learns metal claw in those games he can't learn it in r/s or emerald

Mega Sceptile is most likely not going anywhere, so it wouldn't make sense for them to remove any Dragon type moves after ORAS. Also, Treecko doesn't need Dragon moves, Sceptile does. I think it'd be better to give those moves to Sceptile instead.

Mega Sceptile is most likely not going anywhere, so it wouldn't make sense for them to remove any Dragon type moves after ORAS. Also, Treecko doesn't need Dragon moves, Sceptile does. I think it'd be better to give those moves to Sceptile instead.

you know i meant for sceptile >.> if treeko gets it obliviously so would sceptile. and i said add them in oras i never said remove them later. they may have done so to charmander metal claw but it doesn't have to be so for treeko/groyvile/sceptile

I think the elemental punches would be a good tutor move because of the variety of Pokemon Hoenn has to offer.

I think the elemental punches would be a good tutor move because of the variety of Pokemon Hoenn has to offer.

And it'd be great if that tutor were around the early parts of the game. In a perfect world, every move tutor would be available to use before the E4, and as early as possible.

They usually put the Move Tutors in about 3-4 locations throughout the game, usually cities, and they usually don't show up until about mid game. So with that in mind, I think this is where we might find them:

-Fallarbor Town
-Lilycove City
-Mossdeep City/Sootopolis City/Pacifidlog Town
-Battle Frontier

They usually put the Move Tutors in about 3-4 locations throughout the game, usually cities, and they usually don't show up until about mid game. So with that in mind, I think this is where we might find them:

-Fallarbor Town
-Lilycove City
-Battle Frontier

The elemental punch move tutors are from the frontier so if it returns we should see them return

-Fallarbor Town
-Lilycove City
-Battle Frontier

The elemental punch move tutors are from the frontier so if it returns we should see them return

If they implement it the way I'm predicting, they'll probably shuffle around the moves a bit. So based on my list, they'd probably move the elemental punches to Fallarbor Town.

I hope their are more TM changes in ORAS to. I find it kinda silly that Greninja and Delphox can't learn Focus Blast. And it'd be nice if Mega Gyarados got Crunch for a decent Dark-stab.

I'd like to see the moves that were available via move tutor in B2W2 available again in OR/AS. Those were some great changes. Although hopefully this time they'll stick to BP-based move tutors as opposed to the shard-collecting tutors.

What's interesting is that since OR/AS is the first remake since after the TM change, they could (but I seriously doubt it'd actually happen) give us an entirely new TM list and there wouldn't be any compatability issues because they're no longer tradeable items.

For move tutors, I'd like to see the following:
  • All the elemental punches
  • All useful B2W2 tutor moves that haven't become TMs in XY
  • Secret Power to create our Secret Bases, just like HGSS had for Headbutt
  • The Elemental terrain moves

Considering mega Sceptile is confirmed and part dragon, it can only learn Outrage and Dragon Pulse via move tutor. So I do think there will be move tutors.

I'm hoping Metagross will be able to learn Shift gear. Either by level up or through breeding since it can breed with the Klinklang line.

Nasty Plot would be great. I'm curious to see how many can learn it. I mean we have Swords Dance as a infinitely reusable move. So why not the Special Attack counterpart?

Nasty Plot would be great. I'm curious to see how many can learn it. I mean we have Swords Dance as a infinitely reusable move. So why not the Special Attack counterpart?

Well, we don't have a special equivalent of Intimidate or a -SpA status like burn. Sure, we have Flatter to compare with Swagger, but that's pretty much a joke--raise the Pokemon's SpA, confuse it, but confusion is based on Atk. Competitive is also better than Defiant given that there's no special equivalent of Intimidate. All we really need is a better Pokemon to use it.

Game Freak went to the trouble of nerfing special attackers by weakening all their staple moves, I doubt they'd suddenly go and think to put in a Nasty Plot tutor.

I don't know where to put this but... Gamefreak officially placed Rock Smash back as an HM :O

"If you hold the Dynamo Badge, Pokémon up to Lv. 40 will obey your orders, even if you receive them from others. You will also be able to crush small boulders with cracks in them if you have a Pokémon that knows the HM move Rock Smash."

The trailer just confirmed that Shiftry learns Leaf Blade, which is something it couldn't learn before. So it'll probably be an Egg move (with a small possibility of a tutor move maybe). Curious to know about other Pokémon now!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom