• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
It already does learn Signal Beam from move tutors, but adding Overheat alone would be enough imo. Mega Manectric gets by with Electric/Fire/Ice coverage so I see no reason why Electrode couldn't.

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Electrode's stats are downright awful. I don't think it would matter if it could learn, say, Flamethrower or Signal Beam. That 140 Base Speed makes Sucker Punch kind of useless, too.
It learns a lot of other dark type moves though so it makes sense even if it doesn't strictly need it.

Reaction score
Hows it that Meganium learns Ancient Power and Torterra can't?

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
The Chancey line needs to learn wish, the move fits the Pokemon pretty well. They get the move in an event on Generation 3, they need to start being able to learn it or get it as an egg move in Sun and Moon.

Reaction score
Serperior should got a rock type move like Smack Down.
It learns no rock , ghost(Shadow Snek, Phantom Force this ones I would let it get) or ground type moves?
It really could also get Revenge or Circle Throw for a boost.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Solrock and Lunatone should get Morning Sun and Moonlight by leveling up, respectively. It's ridiculous that they can only get these moves from the now defunct Dream World.

Reaction score
I always can't understang why (except for coverage/competitive reasons) normal and physical pokemon like Tauros, Raticate, Stoutland can learn special elemental moves like Thunderbolt, Flamethrower etc. It just doesn't make sense.

Also Machamp can learn Flamethrower? Just LOL

Reaction score
regular Swampert should get the ability Drizzle.

Queen of the streets
Reaction score
Electrode being able to learn Sucker Punch makes no sense. It does not have arms.
The Japanese name is 'surprise attack'. That's the reason some Pokemon who, at first, shouldn't learn it does. And talking about sucker punch, why Scrafty, of all things, can't learn it. About time GF
Grimsley would be more annoying than he already is tough...

Reaction score
The Snivy branch should learn peck, because it nearly has a beak.

Reaction score
Magikarp should learn hyperbeam. Just imagine how awesome that would be!! I think level 10 would be a fitting level.
Also, Diglett should be able to learn fly, and surf, obviously.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
Magikarp should learn hyperbeam. Just imagine how awesome that would be!! I think level 10 would be a fitting level.
Also, Diglett should be able to learn fly, and surf, obviously.
Why Diglett needs to learn fly and surf?

The Paragon of Torna
Reaction score
Why doesn't Medicham know Aura Sphere? Seriously? It's the closest thing to Lucario in that aspect.

The Paragon of Torna
Reaction score
Why do ground types learn Mud Sport? Seriously GF?