• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Reaction score
I bet it also has something to do with the fact that Johto tended to involve Flash more than any other region, so they wanted to give it a wide distribution. Now that it's not a TM anymore, there's very few Pokemon left that learn it.
I think I'm missing something, but I think the only places that use Flash in GS are the Dark Cave and the Rock Tunnel. Then again, I might be missing some place since I don't visit areas if they don't have trainers.

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I dunno how Ferroseed is able to learn Hone Claws when it has no arms :confused:

Bombing Bagworm
Reaction score
It’s able to learn “Metal Claw” because of its spikes, so I assume that extends to Hone Claws, too.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I dunno how Ferroseed is able to learn Hone Claws when it has no arms :confused:
Well, it's evolved form gains claws of sorts, so maybe it uses its barbs as makeshift claws until it actually gets arms upon evolution. Think of it in the same vein as Alakazam with Iron Tail and Togekiss with punching moves. Of course, Pokemon and logic mix like water and oil at times, so something like that ins't too farfetch'd.

Anyway, I noticed that Honchkrow learns Thunder Wave. How? And why? Does it play into the whole wizard/mob boss idea that the bird has? Because I can't see how else Honchkrow would be able to learn Thunder Wave otherwise. And it's not like it gets any other Elec moves, either, just Thunder Wave. I find that rather odd.

Reaction score
Why not then have all fire types learn water gun and Ice beam, and all dark types learn Draco meteor then if there are no limits?
You didn't get my ironic joke about magic related then... sorry.

But Extrasensory and shadowsneak on a water/dark ninjfrog yes? hipocrycy of fans...

Grass types need some love who fears status effects, look how much fire moves have.

Ember causes a burn.
water gun? and Vine whip?
Razzor leaf extra demage.

Powerful moves like Inferno and Heat Wave...
Will-o-wisp.

Better check how many grass and water moves induce statuses and rise/lower stats in comparance to fire.

Flame charge, rises speed+burn effect?
Bubble beam, reduces speed.

bubble beam and

Flamethrower, burns...
Petal Blizzard?
Energy Ball reduces one stats.

Blaze Kick, same effect as leaf blade + burns oponent.
Leaf Blade?

some water and grass moves reduce the chance of hitting(accuracy) like Leaf Tornado and Muddy Water but would be cool to get one that confuses, poisons or does something else in future.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
You do realize that Shadow Sneak and Extrasensory make sense on a ninja like Greninja, right?

Ninja's are stealthy and can disappear within shadows with ease before striking their enemy from their and then disappear into the shadows from it. Shadow Sneak.

Besides that, due to their nature and training, they tend to have a form of clairvoyance like is the case with Extrasensory.

Reaction score
But Extrasensory and shadowsneak on a water/dark ninjfrog yes? hipocrycy of fans...
This might come as a shock, but Extrasensory and Shadow Sneak are entirely different moves from Phantom Force, and someone's opinion on who should get Extrasensory or Shadow Sneak can be different from their opinion on who should get Phantom Force. (Unless I'm seriously missing something, PkmnTrainerV never suggested Greninja should get Phantom Force, either)

V for veritable vegetable
Reaction score
You didn't get my ironic joke about magic related then... sorry.

Grass types need some love who fears status effects, look how much fire moves have.

Ember causes a burn.
water gun? and Vine whip?
Razzor leaf extra demage.

Powerful moves like Inferno and Heat Wave...
Will-o-wisp.

Better check how many grass and water moves induce statuses and rise/lower stats in comparance to fire.

Flame charge, rises speed+burn effect?
Bubble beam, reduces speed.

bubble beam and

Flamethrower, burns...
Petal Blizzard?
Energy Ball reduces one stats.

Blaze Kick, same effect as leaf blade + burns oponent.
Leaf Blade?

some water and grass moves reduce the chance of hitting(accuracy) like Leaf Tornado and Muddy Water but would be cool to get one that confuses, poisons or does something else in future.
Flame Charge doesn’t cause a burn and Water Pulse is a water move that causes confusion.

Reaction score
You do realize that Shadow Sneak and Extrasensory make sense on a ninja like Greninja, right?

Ninja's are stealthy and can disappear within shadows with ease before striking their enemy from their and then disappear into the shadows from it. Shadow Sneak.

Besides that, due to their nature and training, they tend to have a form of clairvoyance like is the case with Extrasensory.
Phantom Force also make sense on any ninja based pokemon agreed. But not only ninjas, werewolfs, vampire bats and more creatures are there.

Reaction score
Arcanine was never arguing that Phantom Force made sense on those Pokemon. Hiding in the shadows is one thing, teleporting to another dimension is another.

Reaction score
Phantom Force also make sense on any ninja based pokemon agreed. But not only ninjas, werewolfs, vampire bats and more creatures are there.
As someone that knows about werewolves, why them? They don't have that kind of powers and Hollywood ones don't have anything to do with real werewolves.

Reaction score
As someone that knows about werewolves, why them? They don't have that kind of powers and Hollywood ones don't have anything to do with real werewolves.
seeing if someone checks it out. But witches and some fairy tale creatures could work well.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Half joking, but half serious... Diglett learning any physical moves that require limbs, or anything other than a way for them to ram their head into something. :p Thing's literally just a head popping out of the ground and that's all we see. Stop teasing us with moves like Scratch, Slash, and Sucker Punch!

Reaction score
Half joking, but half serious... Diglett learning any physical moves that require limbs, or anything other than a way for them to ram their head into something. :p Thing's literally just a head popping out of the ground and that's all we see. Stop teasing us with moves like Scratch, Slash, and Sucker Punch!
Doesn't help that the only time they could have shown us how it looks like, they add another joke about that (to those that don't know, it was in the first PMD).

Reaction score
what about wolfes from fairy tailes that could blow down a house?
Will Lycanroc midnight learn Whirlwind and other powerful flying type and other wind moves?

V for veritable vegetable
Reaction score
what about wolfes from fairy tailes that could blow down a house?
Will Lycanroc midnight learn Whirlwind and other powerful flying type and other wind moves?
Whirlwind I kinda get, if struggling. But there isn’t a single strong flying type move or other wind moves that would make any sort of sense in midnight Lycanroc.

Reaction score
I guess Whirlwind would be the most apropriate move if they wanted to make that pun.

超高校級に忘れっぽい残念子さん
Reaction score
I always thought every Pokemon should be able to learn Tackle and Headbutt. They're simple moves that seems to fit every Pokemon there is just fine.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I forgot to mention something when I posted on this thread last. How in blazes is Pelipper able to use Shock Wave? I mean come on, the bird is 4x weak to Elec, so how can it use a move that would deep fry it in return? And it's not like it gets any other moves of that type to go along with it, so why does it get Shock Wave at all? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Thunder Wave I'm willing to handwave in some cases, like Gyarados (which is based off of a dragon/wyrm, so that's at least plausible), but Shock Wave on a Mon that is would get BBQed right back by it, and isn't even associated with the element to begin with, is rather strange.