• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • As we are still looking for enthusiastic new mods, we're extending the Bulbagarden Staff Drive by a week! See details here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Lightning Flame Blast

Flashing through the chaos
Reaction score
Shedinja can learn Final Gambit.

Well, I guess it ruins focus sash strategies, so... not completely useless amirite

prog rocker

Reaction score
Diglett and Dugtrio should not be able to learn Slash, I mean it has no claws!
I guess the implication is that they actually have limbs, it's just that we don't see them. The first PMD made a joke about that.

After rescuing Diglett with the help of Magnemite

Diglett: My feet feel like they are still walking in the air.
Main Character: (Feet...?)
Magnemite: (HE HAS THEM? FEET?)

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I've been wondering something. How the heck does Incineroar learn Leech Life?! Who has ever heard of a vampiric tiger before??? It seems like a really out-of-place move if you ask me. At least most of Incineroar's moves make sense (except for the fact that it can't learn Sucker Punch, but that's another story), but Leech Life sticks out. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
I've been wondering something. How the heck does Incineroar learn Leech Life?! Who has ever heard of a vampiric tiger before??? It seems like a really out-of-place move if you ask me. At least most of Incineroar's moves make sense (except for the fact that it can't learn Sucker Punch, but that's another story), but Leech Life sticks out. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.
Leech Life/Such Blood seems like a rather underhanded technique, and Inciniroar does have fangs... But that's the only way I can see it tie into its lore/themes.

Arcanine10

Reaction score
Not a move but...

Can we finally give poor Archeops something else than Defeatist? A perfectly well-designed Pokémon goes to waste by this ability. It doesn't even have to be a good ability, just something else than Defeatist.