• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
My Rhydon in Pokémon Go can learn Surf. I still don't know how.

prog rocker

Reaction score
My Rhydon in Pokémon Go can learn Surf. I still don't know how.
That's what everyone has been asking themselves since Gen I. No, really, this is not sarcasm. Everyone has asked themselves this at least once since it looks weird.

Eeveelutionner

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Some pokemon like deerling should be able to learn surf, because gazelles can swim

prog rocker

Reaction score
Another Pokémon that should learn Surf: Raticate, considering how some entries reference its ability to swim.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Charizard was a reptile. Sceptile. Most learned dragon related moves. If Gyarados? Ratticate and surf? Why not Dive?
Yeah, but those Pokémon are dragon-inspired in the first place, unlike Arbok. Also, Dive is unfitting for Raticate since I don't think it can hold its breath for long enough.