• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Wow... some of these moves that some Pokemon can't learn really makes me wonder... is GameFreak really that stupid? Or were they simply drunk? LOL

But I guess they were for competitive reasons (to balance out the pokemon)...

This one is probably just me, but I always wondered why Electabuzz couldn't learn Bite and Crunch. He has those big fangs, yet he doesn't use them, yet at the same time he learns Psychic. Electabuzz may be my favorite Pokemon, but he doesn't look like the type who would learn Psychic. To me, he's all beastly and feral and his moveset should reflect that.

This:

comic31.jpg

Some hilarious stuff in here.

Smeargle using some moves that wouldn't make sense would be amusing to see in the anime.

Smeargle using some moves that wouldn't make sense would be amusing to see in the anime.
It would also be amusing to see Pokémon use powerful moves via Metronome that wouldn't make sense. I remember watching a Let's Play in which a Clefairy used Metronome, and then Bolt Strike.

It's amusing that Genesect can learn Flame Charge despite its big weakness to fire.

It would also be amusing to see Pokémon use powerful moves via Metronome that wouldn't make sense. I remember watching a Let's Play in which a Clefairy used Metronome, and then Bolt Strike.

Only recently my Togepi used fricking ROAR OF TIME via metronome. Unfortunately it missed :(

This:

comic31.jpg

Lol! I thought it'll make more sense to have Empoleon Metal claw when it evolves because Empoleon has metal blades at the edges of its flippers and has claws underneath.

I find it dumb that Piplup and Prinplup have wings, but can't learn steel wing until after evolution into Empoleon (and even then only via TM). Prinplup DOES have claws though, they are on its feet.

Only recently my Togepi used fricking ROAR OF TIME via metronome. Unfortunately it missed :(

I was playing Battle revolution one time, and an enemy Chansey used metronome. It became JUDGEMENT (with STAB).

Snorlax should learn Slack Off. It has the same basic concept of Slaking, it's a pokemon that only sleeps, eats all day and it's lazy as hell, so why can't it learn Slack Off just like Slaking? Even worse is that Infernape can learn it, an hyperactive fighting ape can learn it but a lazy panda-bear-thing can't?

Sometimes i feel like bitch-slapping the person at GF that gives the moves to each pokemon.

Snorlax should learn Slack Off. It has the same basic concept of Slaking, it's a pokemon that only sleeps, eats all day and it's lazy as hell, so why can't it learn Slack Off just like Slaking? Even worse is that Infernape can learn it, an hyperactive fighting ape can learn it but a lazy panda-bear-thing can't?

Well, considering that Infernape has the same inspiration as another certain hyperactive fighting monkey, it makes sense as a shout out.

I wish Vivillon could learn Fly, so I could fly all around Kalos on my Pokeball Vivillon. :(

I remember Surf being a huge offender. Pokemon like Lickitung, Kangaskhan and Snorlax were all able to learn it.

None of the early birds (Pidgeot, Swellow etc) except Talonflame can learn Acrobatics, in-fact few pokemon based on birds do. Certainly would have given Unfezant more use in story clearing.

Emboar also can't learn Fire Punch despite nearly all of its dex entries saying it fights with flaming fists.

Black and White 2 Move Tutors. It's still a bit silly though, that should at least be an egg move.

As for mine, Togekiss should get Moonblast. It would work rather well together with Serene Grace.

Back
Top Bottom