• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

-

- Galvantula learns Volt Switch but no U-turn - however it's able to learn physical moves such as Cross Poison and Poison Jab.

The only pokemon that could get STAB on both moves can't??? I can't even...

I have an Emolga with both moves, identical phys atk and spec atk, and it became apparent very quickly to me just how much of a boon STAB's effect into the damage calculation really is.

Delphox should be able to learn Thunderbolt since most Psychic-types can, like Alakazam, Gardevoir, and Latios.

why the actual fuck does stunfisk not learn volt switch

I mean it's one out of the like 3 non water types which gets scald which is cool I guess but still

Maybe it's a little drastic, but shouldn't all pokemon be able to learn Bulk Up?
According to the description, "the user tenses its muscles to bulk up its body."
Even Magikarp should be able to do that.

Pokémon that could learn a move as a TM in an earlier game should be able to learn it through breeding/move tutor in later games if the TM doesn't exist anymore. That's a pet peeve of mine.

And the fact Zangoose can't learn cut.

What's up with zorua and zoroark not learning quick attack they have the stats and body for it so why don't they?

Maybe it's a little drastic, but shouldn't all pokemon be able to learn Bulk Up?
According to the description, "the user tenses its muscles to bulk up its body."
Even Magikarp should be able to do that.
I thought that too, as I'd like to see my Golurk being able to use that but then it hit me. Riser doesn't have any muscles. Slag... >_<

The large amount of Pokemon that can learn High Jump Kick but not Jump Kick puzzles me. Those two moves are almost the same so shouldn't more Pokemon be able to learn Jump Kick?

Cobalion can learn hone claws and he doesn't have any claws.

I'm curious how Meloetta and Spinarak can learn it too and I haven't figured out how they make it work either.
Also, Meloetta seems least likely to be a Pokemon who'd use sharp claws (and tear your face apart?). Never trust the innocent-looking ones!

There's a lot of Pokemon who learn Rock Slide and Stone Edge but not Smack Down. You'd think if a Pokemon can summon rocks out of thin air they can get and throw just one with decent power.

An event Pikachu that learned Fly. I guess that's what made it special, like his Surfin' brother.

The large amount of Pokemon that can learn High Jump Kick but not Jump Kick puzzles me. Those two moves are almost the same so shouldn't more Pokemon be able to learn Jump Kick?

High Jump Kick is originally known as Jumping Knee Kick. That's why things like Sawsbuck don't learn it but know Jump Kick.

Electrode can learn Sucker Punch. At least Wooper has the excuse of eventually getting arms

A "sucker punch" is a term, not an actual punch.

Emboar should learn Belly Drum.

High Jump Kick is originally known as Jumping Knee Kick. That's why things like Sawsbuck don't learn it but know Jump Kick.

Electrode can learn Sucker Punch. At least Wooper has the excuse of eventually getting arms

A "sucker punch" is a term, not an actual punch.

Fair enough. But Wooper has no arms, yet it knows a clear punching move

Second image is kinda rude.
630002-xydRgCX7V-DgWxDH.jpg
AMf31.png

Second image is kinda rude.
630002-xydRgCX7V-DgWxDH.jpg
AMf31.png

Questionable, but damn hilarious. Black humor is awesome (unless it goes too far)! I always wondered how Alakazam would use Iron tail since they have no tail unlike their pre-evolutions. Maybe they could create a temporary tail from psychic energies?

I wonder how Wooper or Shroomish would punch anything, even if their second evolutions were able to use the mentioned moves...

Edit: Barboach/Whiscash can learn Spark. They can learn actually pretty much things that don't always make sense but also make them surprisingly deadly. Never trust the derp faces either. :/

Snorlax can learn surf despite weighing over 1000 lbs. I just imagine a sleeping Snorlax floating on rough seas while its trainer enjoys a picnic. It also can learn self-destruct. Ewww...

Diglett and Dugtrio can learn Aerial Ace. I don't want to think about that too hard, it hurts my brain.

Back
Top Bottom