• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Come to think of it, Electrode's stats are downright awful. I don't think it would matter if it could learn, say, Flamethrower or Signal Beam. That 140 Base Speed makes Sucker Punch kind of useless, too.

It learns a lot of other dark type moves though so it makes sense even if it doesn't strictly need it.

Hows it that Meganium learns Ancient Power and Torterra can't?

The Chancey line needs to learn wish, the move fits the Pokemon pretty well. They get the move in an event on Generation 3, they need to start being able to learn it or get it as an egg move in Sun and Moon.

Serperior should got a rock type move like Smack Down.
It learns no rock , ghost(Shadow Snek, Phantom Force this ones I would let it get) or ground type moves?
It really could also get Revenge or Circle Throw for a boost.

Solrock and Lunatone should get Morning Sun and Moonlight by leveling up, respectively. It's ridiculous that they can only get these moves from the now defunct Dream World.

I always can't understang why (except for coverage/competitive reasons) normal and physical pokemon like Tauros, Raticate, Stoutland can learn special elemental moves like Thunderbolt, Flamethrower etc. It just doesn't make sense.

Also Machamp can learn Flamethrower? Just LOL

Electrode being able to learn Sucker Punch makes no sense. It does not have arms.

The Japanese name is 'surprise attack'. That's the reason some Pokemon who, at first, shouldn't learn it does. And talking about sucker punch, why Scrafty, of all things, can't learn it. About time GF
Grimsley would be more annoying than he already is tough...

Magikarp should learn hyperbeam. Just imagine how awesome that would be!! I think level 10 would be a fitting level.
Also, Diglett should be able to learn fly, and surf, obviously.

Magikarp should learn hyperbeam. Just imagine how awesome that would be!! I think level 10 would be a fitting level.
Also, Diglett should be able to learn fly, and surf, obviously.
Why Diglett needs to learn fly and surf?

Because it would look hilarious in air battles.
Diglett can be used in an air battle in ORAS.
P1010298_zpsdgsxbrvw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom