• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Yeah out of Mud Sport and Water Sport the former is actually useful in double battles (well in a sense, no one ever actually uses it but it will work there), while the latter is the criminal of the two. Water Sport is mostly a trash version of Rain Dance. Although I guess it's useful for earlier in the game where Rain Dance isn't accessible (I think Viola's Surskit uses it in XY too?)

Leafeon is the only Eeveelution that can learn knockoff. Why not Umbreon or Flareon?

Mewtwo should learn Close Combat as it needs a physical fighting move for its X mega evolution.

Old thread, but I thought about this for a while.
  • Unfezant's moveset sucks. It's a physical attacker, but its moveset hampers that. I want it to learn Brave Bird and Drill Peck.
  • Bizarre choice, but I think Shaymin should get Thunderbolt.

Edit: oh shit I didn't even notice I posted it. I thought I closed it without saving.

Last edited:
Wishiwashi needs phantom force, dive is not enough anymore.
Detect instead of protect if something.

Shadow Sneak on Greninja please!!!! It can move as fast and spookily as shadows, and let water shruiken become Greninja's signature move again...

Typhlosion should be able to learn steam eruption... As well, it's a volcano...

Popplio should learn Swift or not? Cyndaquil , Charmandder, Monferno, Blaziken , Sceptile got it in the past. For a Clown/performer it would be a nice touch.

Tortunator could get Pin Missile, head moves, body slam, gyro ball, all rotating moves, maybe some tail moves? Scald would be good for a turtle. Gas based moves.
Many Spike based moves even could see it learn spiky shield instead of lame protect.
Could see it get Counter, Mirror Coat and some more interesting things, even solar beam.

Last edited:
Shadow Sneak on Greninja please!!!! It can move as fast and spookily as shadows, and let water shruiken become Greninja's signature move again...
Like Alola said, it learns it through level-up, but at level 23. So you need a Move Reminder or whatever they were called. And I'm not sure why Water Shuriken should be Greninja's signature move. Shuriken is widely recognized as a ninja tool and the only other Pokemon that can learn it is also a ninja.

Too many things get Earthquake that shouldn't logically be capable of making the earth quake

Greninja and a ground type damaging move like Bone Club?

Interesting, although I'm kind of skeptical of how that would work? I don't see it

Wishiwashi needs phantom force, dive is not enough anymore.
Detect instead of protect if something.

Wishiwashi having Phantom Force is a stretch but I could kind of see it?

Dive is enough though

Typhlosion should be able to learn steam eruption... As well, it's a volcano...

Accelgor having Water Shuriken makes total sense

+ Typhlosion having Steam Eruption makes no sense

Typhlosion having Steam Eruption makes no sense

Typhlosion is the volcano Pokemon, so if they could expand the volcano concept, I could see Typhlosion (and potentially mega typhlosion) which steam, and it could get steam eruption.

I always wished if they could make mega Typhlosion fire/water, and make it a non-legendary counterpart to Volcanion...

what about a Tortunator with Draining Kiss? (it has the mouth to do it)(against dragons, fighting,dark)
That would seperate it more from other fire/dragon pokemon and the rest of the dragons.
Maybe even it could get Giga Drain?(against water,rock and ground weakness)

- Alolan Golem learning Flame Wheel and Heat Crash anyone?
if it traps steel types with Magnet Pull (especially those with Levitate)?

Back
Top Bottom