• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Conkeldurr

Its second stage , Gurdurr has a steel frame.
Why then does it not get steel type attacks at all?

I think it should get Smart Strike, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Bullet Punch.

Conkeldurr line has concrete pillars, but those often in real life contain also steel or could be made of steel.

Its abilities: Guts, Sheer Force, Iron Fist

Hp 105 attack 140 def 95 sp. attack 55 sp,def 65 speed 45

Machamp:
Guts ,No Guard, Steadfast
steel moves: Heavy Slan, Bullet Punch,
Hp 90 attack 130 def 80 sp. attack 65 sp,def 85 speed 55

Anchor Shot and Steel Worker would be very good for a Fighting type line against fairies.
Also trapping the oponent may get handy.
And creating a new (faster) fighting line with that I don't know how people would feel
but then again new pokemon also are needed,
but Conkeldurr needs it's steel type moves.

Mudsdale should learn Fissure and Stomping Tantrum. (Marowak gets both???)
Would make it worth using more.
Could also need Flame Charge.

Imagine that Combo on it.

Weird that this pokemon didn't get Steadfast?

Kommo-o: Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Sucker Punch.

Solar Blade: Decidueye and Chesnaught
I dont see other starters need it, but this two with their attack stats and bodies should get it.

Last edited:
only a sugestion to make it more departed/individual then the Machamp line.
The thing is that Machamp hardly ever uses Guts anyway, No Guard Dynamic Punch is what it does best. Conkeldurr's already very departed from the Machamp line as it is now.

Solar Blade: Decidueye and Chesnaught
I dont see other starters need it, but this two with their attack stats and bodies should get it.
You don't see Sceptile with this move? I'd say it makes the most sense of the Grass starters, even if it isn't needed.

Do Swinub or Wooper look heavy enough to make one? [emoji14]

I get the complaint, as a lot of Rock-types learn Earthquake so I had expected it too. But I don't mind that much as it also learns
Bite, Crunch and Brick Break, so it still has some variety. And I have Mudbray for Earthquake ;)
Wishiwashi solo can use earthquake.

Midnight Lycanroc should have gotten a signature move that fits in with its lore, as well as better abilities. Counter isn't enough and it has no niche unlike its daytime counterpart.

No Guard Stone Edge is dope tho

82 base speed is not really that "slow" for a rock type, especially with how slow so many Pokémon are in SM. I don't know exact numbers but I'd guess it's in like the top 20% of this generation. Competitively I'd say that's still fast enough to run a Choice Scarf set to outspeed things that use Life Orba and the like and deal very solid consistent damage with Stone Edge. That being said, I do wish it had some type of signature move. It doesn't have to be very good, I just like symmetry. :p

82 speed isn't anything spectacular
And with stuff like UBs and Tapus running around coupled with his severely lacking movepool he won't see much use. There are other better alternatives.

82 speed isn't anything spectacular
And with stuff like UBs and Tapus running around coupled with his severely lacking movepool he won't see much use. There are other better alternatives.
Well of course, I'm just saying it has potential. With those stats and that typing there isn't much they could give it that would make it viable in OU anyway, but I think it will find a nice niche in lower tiers as a more consistent Rock type sweeper (or at least revenge killer) than we've likely ever seen.

And giving it a signature move that's at least as useful as Accelrock would have only helped with that. But I don't think it necessarily NEEDS more moves to do well enough.

You don't see Sceptile with this move? I'd say it makes the most sense of the Grass starters, even if it isn't needed.

I feared to mention Sceptile bacuse of its low attack and Leaf Blade.
Chesanaught is the knight that needs his own kind of Blade.

Conkeldurr's already very departed from the Machamp line as it is now.

Gurdurr has a steel frame and the line would need some steel type moves against faries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom