• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Accelrock : Rampardos, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Mudsdale, Sandshrew?
(pokemon that look fast but arent would need priority moves)

how many ice and water types(Shelder) get Ice Shard? (Phanpy by breeding)

Beak Blast: Skarmory, Empoleon, Decidueye, Delibird and others, maybe the Oricorios (the move has low (-2) priority)

Apparently, Alolan Raticate can learn Blizzard. Just... Why?
Well, it's common for Normal type Pokémon to learn a bizarre variety of attacks via TM, Blizzard included. It would be weirder if Raticate (in either form) could learn Blizzard by level-up.

Alolan Sandshrew an Sandslash can't learn Ice Shard. Inexcusable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fomantis and Lurantis should be able to learn spore, poison powder, stung spore, and powder since many grass type Pokemon gets them.

Why has Alola Exeggutor got Flamethrower? Where does the fire come from? It is part Grass type...

Why the hell can Tapu Bulu not get Play Rough? His only option for Fairy STAB is Special Attacks, #MESS~ How do they give him such great Physical stats and decent coverage, but no Play Rough? Like they blatantly kept him from getting Moonblast, but didn't allow Play Rough?~

Also wondering why Magearna can't get Moonblast, too~

Why has Alola Exeggutor got Flamethrower? Where does the fire come from? It is part Grass type...

Most Dragon-types can get Fire moves~ It's like, pretty normal~ I'd find it weirder if it didn't~

Most Dragon-types can get Fire moves~ It's like, pretty normal~ I'd find it weirder if it didn't~
Yes but Alolan Exeggutor is part Grass. Apart from Sunny Day, no Grass type ever learns a Fire attack. However there is an upside to this. It can hit Ice, Steel and Bug with it. I am not complaining but Grass learning a damaging Fire attack is weird in my opinion.

Yes but Alolan Exeggutor is part Grass. Apart from Sunny Day, no Grass type ever learns a Fire attack.
Actually, the Pumpkaboo family gets Flamethrower and Fire Blast by TM, because they're jack-o-lanterns. So, Alolan Exeggutor isn't the only one.

Yes but Alolan Exeggutor is part Grass. Apart from Sunny Day, no Grass type ever learns a Fire attack. However there is an upside to this. It can hit Ice, Steel and Bug with it. I am not complaining but Grass learning a damaging Fire attack is weird in my opinion.

Adding to @MegaPod12, any Grass Type that can learn Hidden Power has a potential chance to learn a Fire Attack, so it's not that strange~ Plus, you're looking at it from his Grass perspective as if it's not part Dragon which usually learn Fire-type attacks, so, again, not that weird, TBH~

Crabominable can't learn Hammer Arm for some reason, I've heard. Even though the Ice version is its signature move.

Incineroar and Hawlucha can't learn Submission or any throw based moves (seismic toss, vital throw etc) despite them being based on wrestlers. Hawlucha's even classified as the wrestling pokemon for christ's sake. At least they get body slam and flying press.

It loses it's Flying type after evolution. Besides, it has Brave Bird instead.

Not a good reason for it not to be able to Fly.

Flygon was never a Flying type, but it can use Fly. And Decidueye has wings and it capable of flight, as seen in its Z-move animation (as well as Brave Bird)

Not a good reason for it not to be able to Fly.

Flygon was never a Flying type, but it can use Fly. And Decidueye has wings and it capable of flight, as seen in its Z-move animation (as well as Brave Bird)

But there's literally no point in giving it Fly. Fly doesn't do anything outside of battle and Brave Bird is better in every way.

Back
Top Bottom