• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

then what about Decidueye and Role Play, Entertaiment or moves that switch or neutralize abilities? slow starters need something special.
Primarina and Incineroar could also need something similar.
Serperior got in past gastro acid.
Serperior is a very fast starter and Incineroar gets Bulldoze.
mayby not to all, but really a buzzard not getting better healing options and draning moves?
Uh... What? Draining moves I get, but healing?
But for draining, Oblivion Wing would be great.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like Drifloon and Drifblim should get Tailwind naturally.

The Chimchar line should get Drain Punch, especially considering that the line's hidden ability is Iron Fist, which boosts punching moves. That has always baffled me how the Chimchar line, or at least Infernape, doesn't get Drain Punch. It would be a decent Fighting-type move AND give the line a recovery tactic, since, if memory serves, the only recovery move the line gets is Slack Off, and that's if you don't evolve Chimchar/Monferno right away. Given the line's glass cannon nature, having a move that could help them recover in a pinch and deal pretty good damage would be good for boosting their longevity. I mean, odder Pokemon like Drowzee can learn it, so why can't the Chimchar line?

"Assist", chimchar knows it , but it should go also to other starters ,
I would like to see Decidueye, Primarina and Incineroar get it.
Incineroar is a cat and most cats get it.
Primarina has a circus motive and shoud get it.
Decidueye is a archer but also a owl and owls are rather smart and could use strategy.

Encore(Primarina, Samurrot) and Mind Reader(Froakie)- Deciduey, it has the wings to do it, and could really need it.

Copy Cat should also be posibble for the starters or not? especially incineroar.(only oshawott has it now)

"Assist", chimchar knows it , but it should go also to other starters ,
I would like to see Decidueye, Primarina and Incineroar get it.
Incineroar is a cat and most cats get it.
Primarina has a circus motive and shoud get it.
Decidueye is a archer but also a owl and owls are rather smart and could use strategy.
I can see Incineroar getting it, but what the heck does a circus or archery theme have to do with Assist???
Encore(Primarina, Samurrot) and Mind Reader(Froakie)- Deciduey, it has the wings to do it, and could really need it.
Wings don't have anything to do with either of those moves...And why does it need them? I haven't heard of any struggles for Decidueye where they would fit in.
Copy Cat should also be posibble for the starters or not? especially incineroar.(only oshawott has it now)
Copycat isn't available to any of the starters.

chek it yourself if you dont belive it.

Wings don't have anything to do with either of those moves...And why does it need them? I haven't heard of any struggles for Decidueye where they would fit in.
if it traps the foe it would help it a lot with its lack of speed . think of it longer, strategy.

I can see Incineroar getting it, but what the heck does a circus or archery theme have to do with Assist???
an archer assasin is a team player and could use back up.
Circus is based on team play and tricks to survive.

Checked it and Matleo's right, Oshawott can get it through breeding with Skitty or Spinda. Not sure if all starters should get it, but I do wonder why only Oshawott can get it...

I see the other mons that learn it are either baby mons or other cute ones, or they have something to do with copying (Mr. Mime, Zorua, Bonsly). I guess Oshawott falls under 'cute' but it's kinda harsh to say the other starters aren't :p

I see the other mons that learn it are either baby mons or other cute ones, or they have something to do with copying (Mr. Mime, Zorua, Bonsly). I guess Oshawott falls under 'cute' but it's kinda harsh to say the other starters aren't :p

Honestly have you seen Tepig? Worst gen 5 starter by far appearance wise

Considering all the dex data saying Purrloin steals things (and its name pretty much broadcasts that trait), it cannot learn Covet or Thief naturally. Sure, it can learn Thief via TM, but it doesn't learn any stealing moves via level up (unless you counts Snatch, but that's stealing in a different sense), despite many of its dex data saying otherwise. At least it should learn Covet via level up, which most cat Mons do learn, as it can learn Thief via TM, but still, despite saying it steals things, it never learns any thieving moves naturally. That needs to be fixed.

Speaking of dex data not matching moves, I've probably said this before, but Emboar really needs to learn Fire Punch naturally. A number of its dex data states that it coats its fists in fire and punches the foe, but it can't learn Fire Punch naturally, only by Move Tutor. It could really stand for Fire Punch in its natural arsenal, as it would be a good physical Fire move for it. And for that matter, give it a few more Fighting moves naturally, as it only learns Arm Thrust and Hammer Arm naturally, at least if memory serves. So Emboar should learn Fire Punch and some more Fighting moves naturally if you ask me.

if it traps the foe it would help it a lot with its lack of speed . think of it longer, strategy.
We've had this discussion before. Trapping a foe does nothing to help out a slow Pokemon-it just ensures that they're going to be going second.
an archer assasin is a team player and could use back up.
There's nothing inherently team-oriented about an archer. Heck, major fictional archers like Robin Hood and Merida of Brave are more portrayed as singular heroes.
Circus is based on team play and tricks to survive.
It's really not. Everyone in the circus does their own thing (group acts are usually quite small), and they don't learn each others' tricks.

There's nothing inherently team-oriented about an archer. Heck, major fictional archers like Robin Hood and Merida of Brave are more portrayed as singular heroes.
Well, actually, think about Assist. It takes an ally’s move and uses it. That is like what Robin Hood did, taking money from the rich.

We've had this discussion before. Trapping a foe does nothing to help out a slow Pokemon-it just ensures that they're going to be going second.
they should change that: if you trap something then next turn(only) it should go last, the point of a trap is to trap the foe, traping also has to do with speed, they could make it hapen if we look at paralyze status.

but they are long reach attackers and foes have often problem of getting near them, they can hit an enemy first with their bow and arrows.

It's really not. Everyone in the circus does their own thing (group acts are usually quite small), and they don't learn each others' tricks.

but they need to be together to be a circus , a entertaining family.

Then Decidueye should get Pay Day instead by that logic.
not if you take that an archer also needed other combatant skills after hi runs out of arrows.
Pay day was for meowth line , rather Incineroar taking that wrestling is also related with money...

they should change that: if you trap something then next turn(only) it should go last, the point of a trap is to trap the foe, traping also has to do with speed, they could make it hapen if we look at paralyze status.

Please no. Go learn about the competitive scene before suggesting such things. Some Pokémon's trap is already devastating. Mega Gengar is the best example of this. NO your argument about making new strategies dosen't make sense. In a competing scene, the only people who'll bother making strategies are people who NEED to use their favourite Pokemon. Rest everyone will use the Op things you're suggesting.

All your suggestions are called "Centralising the meta". Please check the term out.

Please no. Go learn about the competitive scene before suggesting such things. Some Pokémon's trap is already devastating.
not for shadow tag or arena trap but for trap based moves like spirit shackle.

Rest everyone will use the Op things you're suggesting.
All your suggestions are called "Centralising the meta". Please check the term out.

how would you stop them from doing that everyone does? and to de-centralise the meta in your own way?

If people overuse sweapers then we need concrete stalers, abilities to stop/slow them down reduce their stats or damage them somehow or if they oversuse stallers and wals then we need options to break them or KO moves or Z-moves to break them.

Back
Top Bottom