• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Beheeyem being able to use Steel Wing

That was actually an oversight. It was never meant to learn Steel Wing, it was meant to learn TM51, which was Ally Switch in Gen 5, but when GF ported over its moveset, someone forgot that the TM was a different move in Gen 6. It becomes less excusable when it's still part of its Gen 7 TM moveset.

I'm surprised that Druddigon doesn't learn Brick Break. I mean, look at those arms. They're made for choppin' and smashin'. It learns other Fighting moves like Superpower, Revenge, and Focus Miss... er, Blast, but not Brick Break. It could really use it in its arsenal, as its can pack a decent wallop for a single-stage Mon, and give it a reliable Fighting move to best Ice and Steel Mons. That's something I find unusual.

That was actually an oversight. It was never meant to learn Steel Wing, it was meant to learn TM51, which was Ally Switch in Gen 5, but when GF ported over its moveset, someone forgot that the TM was a different move in Gen 6. It becomes less excusable when it's still part of its Gen 7 TM moveset.
Oh, I'm fully aware of that. But as it stands, in Generation 7 it can still learn it. Which makes it a Pokemon able to use a move it technically should not be able to.

I think Toxic's distribution needs to be controlled. There is no reason Steel types should be able to to learn it.
Either limit its distribution, or instead of inflicting bad poison, make Toxic inflict regular poison when used by non-poison types, and bad poison only if the user is a poison type.

This action would also promote the usage of poison types.

If everyone is running Poison, then nobody would ever get any use out of having them

Unless it's Salazzle, which would then be countered into the ground and made useless

Not everyone would be running poison, but poison will be definitely used more than it is now. The move will also help to curb the influence of Pokemon like Chansey who badly poison Pokemon like anything.

hello?
fairy type?
I'm sure you can express yourself better by typing in complete sentences, as I really don’t get your point since poison is super effective against fairy, and I don’t see how the presence of fairy will reduce poison usage.

To everyone who's clinging on my second point a bit too much increased usage of poison is just a great side effect to changing the toxic mechanics. The main purpose of this move was to curb Pokemon like Chansey. Increased usage of poison isn’t meant to be the main purpose. That part was purely an afterthought I thought I'd like to list.

a rise of usement will be, but also steel, ground and fire will get used more.
Hard to predict what types are used more.
What a pitty that we dont have data from past tournaments to make it more seen.

poison isnt that frigthening taking that steel, rock and ghost exist.

Chansey, yes I saw somewhere on the net how chansey was used to messure Charizard , Blastoise and Venusaurs power of taking down with flamethrower, hydro pump and solarbeam, where venuausr was the strongest then, charizard and last Blastoise.

--> Fiery Dance:

Alolan Marowak , Ninetales, Rapidash, Oricorio Baile style, Magmar, Darmanitan, Delphox, Victiny, Sallazle

I know its a signature move but since Dancer is now a thing,
I was thinking, what the Hell?
they can give Volcaroona a signature Z-move and make this one more common for those pokes who would need it.

(hope for more dance moves especially water(rain dance doesnt count), ice, ghost, psychic, dark, steel ,fighting, ground, rock, fairy ; and more Dancer ability users, would take away Gothitelle frisk and give her Dancer and Dancing moves, more pokemon especially the feamle ones should get those)

Last edited:
Here's something I've always been curious about. Why doesn't the Froakie line learn Bubblebeam? Sure, it learns Bubble, but it's called the Bubble Frog Pokemon, and most Pokemon that can learn Bubble also learn Bubblebeam (keyword: most, as I know not all Bubblers learn Bubblebeam). So why isn't Bubblebeam part of its move selection? Given the line's versatility, I guess it doesn't matter, but it would make sense that both Bubble and Bubblebeam should be part of its arsenal naturally, given that it's the Bubble Frog Pokemon.

I've lately been wondering why Darkrai doesn't have Moonblast, given that its tie to lunar phases is no less weaker than Cresselia's (who does get this move).

I always interpreted Moonblast as the user drawing on the light reflected off the moon, similar to how Moonlight allows the user's HP to be restored by the moonlight (Stadium2 description). Given this, it makes sense that a Pokemon associated with the new moon could not draw on the moon's light to use Moonblast.

Not every pokemon with every X move but more moves to use more pokemon in a diffrent way taking their stats and abilities.

Oranguru : Torment, mirror coat , counter

that would be just perfect with its move Instruct.

Wishi washi and Slaking getting Extreem speed, for priority "revenge" killing some oponents.

Slaking, Heart Stamp , becuse the form of its nose.

Last edited:
Yanmega should learn Hurricane. The beat of its wings are said to dislodge trees, and also can create shock waves that can cause critical internal injury, so it's probably strong enough to use Hurricane. It might give it niche use on rain teams with Tinted Lens or Speed Boost + Hurricane.

Primarina and more Dancing moves.
Biolgy from bulbapedia bulbagarden:
"Water balloons are released as it dances, and are controlled by its voice."
(why create a Primarina only with sound moves if it dances, give it a new damage dealing water dance move)

Back
Top Bottom