• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

what magnetic is about Porygon, Probopass, Fortress, Vanilite, Larvesta, Amaura, , Mew, Nosepass, Mawile, Agrron, Lucario, Honeedge line, Klefki?

Yes it knows fly, but it knows other electric attacks, why not say it uses it's acid to produce electric energy for magnet rise purpose?
Look at other pokemon with magnet rise, the other UB rock/steel also got it.
This way ground weaknees is less like one moveslot, but youcan try out diffrent strategies.

Magnet Rise (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Porygon has electricity surging through it. The steel types you listed are affected with magnets. Mew basically is the ancestor of all Pokémon and learns all moves. Literally the only unexplainable ones are Vanilite and Amaura from your list.

And acid for electricity is something not covered in Poipole's information at all. Knowing other electric attacks dosen’t matter. Slurpuff learns flamethrower!
Any steel type gets a pass since it is effected by magnets, so please don’t mention the Rock/Steel UB.

Movesets should make sense and should matter more than just strategy.

Porygon has electricity surging through it. The steel types you listed are affected with magnets. Mew basically is the ancestor of all Pokémon and learns all moves. Literally the only unexplainable ones are Vanilite and Amaura from your list.

And acid for electricity is something not covered in Poipole's information at all. Knowing other electric attacks dosen’t matter. Slurpuff learns flamethrower!
Any steel type gets a pass since it is effected by magnets, so please don’t mention the Rock/Steel UB.

Movesets should make sense and should matter more than just strategy.
Larvesta line bug/fire too. Taking that something floats in the air it makes both strategical and not strategical sense, taking that it will be weak to ice and dragon.

The Bronzong line should get magnet rise especially if you want to use the heatproof version of its ability. And its weir that something that can have levitate can't learn magnet rise. This way this pokemon would be more a mystery.
And weird that a sound-bell based pokemon didnt get sound moves(or soundproof)

Serperior and the move Constrict for reducing oponents speed and maybe the move should get a chance of 25% and not 10%? It had 33% from start why did they reduce it?
Psychic or Confusion would be good for it, it looks a little like it had spiritual powers, could use Confusion.
Destiny Bond.

Weird that Delphox didnt got Hex, Astonish Destiny Bond, Grudge, Curse.

Primarina Ancient Power; Curse; Destiny Bond

Shedinja should learn Destiny Bond, Astonish, Grudge, Fake Out.

Its really weird that Meganium didnt get one more fairy damage move? disarming voice? dazzling glam?
Serperior didnt get psychic type damage dealing move? confussion would fit it like noctowl did.

Delphox should learn Misty Terrain, that would be good for it.
And all weathers and terrains if it gets Magic Bounce. Its a wizzard.

There’s literally no excuse for Incineroar NOT to learn Sucker Punch. It’s the literal heel Pokemon and Sucker Punch is the almost literal-in-Japanese surprise attack.

Also Typhlosion should get Earth Power, Thunderbolt (it has fur to generate static electricity, and the line gets wild charge), and possibly Scald (its a Volcano Pokemon. Volcanoes often have steam. See: Volcanion).
UB Burst should get Focus Blast and Dazzling gleam.

Also why can Slurpuff learn flamethrower of all things?

Sucker Punch
got fake out, maybe could get extreem speed, but its attack is superf.
The same goes for Chesnaught and First Impression, taking it has similar body to Golisopod , learns pin missile and should get a damage dealing priority move.

Sucker punch is STAB and so better than Fake out and extreme speed. AND it fits Incineroar better than Fake out and extreme speed. I don’t know why are you so against Incineroar getting this move.

ok maybe we could get it in future generations, but every potential psychic and ghost type would need to watch out especially future and past starters. Ok i changed my mind you are right here, the chance of it missing is high, the opoet could heal in that turn or cast weather or do something other like put a Curse, Perish song and so on it. Or use a substitute.

Last edited:
*Insert obligatory comment on Pokemon with no arms using punching moves*

I don't really care which ones it gets, but Zoroark needs more good Special Moves. I mean really, Aura Sphere, Energy Ball, Air Slash. Just something to make its selection better. Same with Luxray, but that thing needs the Physical Move love.

Also, Diglett with Aerial Ace. What's with that?

I don't really care which ones it gets, but Zoroark needs more good Special Moves. I mean really, Aura Sphere, Energy Ball, Air Slash. Just something to make its selection better. Same with Luxray, but that thing needs the Physical Move love.

Currently playing with Illusion tactics on Showdown with Zoroark (I was inspired when @Gengarzilla memtioned that Infernape would be an excellent combo with Zoroark's illusion in PotW Zoroark thread and decided to go forward from there).
A wider special would be a huge help for me and this team!

Infestation :

Torterra (could carry them send them- would really need a bug type move),

Chesnaught, (learns pin missile, could carry them with Fur)

Incineroar (also have on fur and send them out)

Delphox (summon insects with its magic, could be good against dark types)

Primarina and Whirlpool come on ...

Last edited:

Agreed. With its popularity surging once more due to USUM, I took a look at its movepool.

It's horrible.

Zorua can't even utilize its higher Special Attack stat naturally until level 57, with Zoroark even more so. Really Game Freak? Outside of Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Grass Knot, and Hidden Power, the Illusion Pokemon barely gets any moves to use with its high Special Attack.

Agreed. With its popularity surging once more due to USUM, I took a look at its movepool.

It's horrible.

Zorua can't even utilize its higher Special Attack stat naturally until level 57, with Zoroark even more so. Really Game Freak? Outside of Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Grass Knot, and Hidden Power, the Illusion Pokemon barely gets any moves to use with its high Special Attack.

what about adding it a fairy type move with 80 power?
Maybe they didnt want to Over Power it?

there is also moon blast with more power, but maybe they just forgot it, or dont know?
Well, you just said
a fairy type move with 80 power
Which perfectly describes Dazzling Gleam, and I just wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Honestly though, I wouldn't be against Zoroark getting either or both of those moves. It desperately needs something.

Dazzling Gleam,
I used description fortom the "gleam" and didnt wanted to use "beam".

Yes I know it needs something. But it got 120 sp. attack?
How is it moveset compared to others that have similar of higher sp. attack?

I used description fortom the "gleam" and didnt wanted to use "beam".

Yes I know it needs something. But it got 120 sp. attack?
How is it moveset compared to others that have similar of higher sp. attack?
Terrible. Lucario has worse Sp. Atk, and its Special movepool is much better. By level up: Night Daze. At level 57/64! That is all. Other methods can give Shadow Ball (redundant thanks to Night Daze), Flamethrower, Hidden Power, Hyper Voice, Grass Knot, Extrasensory by breeding with two/three specific Pokemon, or Focus Blast if you want something really terrible. These are the only remotely good ones.
This leaves it with terrible coverage, highly inaccurate Fighting Type offence, and its only method to cover Fighting Types can only come from 2/3 Parents.

Lucario has worse Sp. Atk, and its Special movepool is much better.
thats the reason probably.

But dazzling gleam is on similar level of zoroarks signature move, weird that they didnt do that.
I would give it Assist.

(still waiting for a water and a grass starter with the move Assist- fire is chimchar)

why didnt Meganium and Delphox get Perish Song? Meganium learns sound moves, Delphox, some mages used songs and magic like Circe.

interesting? or are they planning other new starters with Perish song?
after 7 generations we should have more users of it.

Back
Top Bottom