• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

In addition to what @FinnishPokéFan92 said, the explosion is a fire one. Fire spreads, and Torterra's literally covered in flammable grass. Torterra will have a very hard time using the move.

ok then what about casting fire outside of it? or coming from the ground?
if it would only come from the tip of its rock on back and change into a beam or point rage explosion , some ecplosion have point range, and dont need to burn or hurt the user.

ok then what about casting fire outside of it? or coming from the ground?
if it would only come from the tip of its rock on back and change into a beam or point rage explosion , some ecplosion have point range, and dont need to burn or hurt the user.
Like I said before, you seem to just try making up excuses to support your idea. I'm sorry if I sound rude by saying this, but your excuses this time make even less sense than the ones before.

Like I said before, you seem to just try making up excuses to support your idea. I'm sorry if I sound rude by saying this, but your excuses this time make even less sense than the ones before.

and you like to put it infront of my face... what to bother.

waiting for a haunted tornado pokemon ghost/flying with ability immunity that makes it immune to flying type moves

and you like to put it infront of my face... what to bother.

waiting for a haunted tornado pokemon ghost/flying with ability immunity that makes it immune to flying type moves
While that design idea sounds cool, we already have Drifloon and Drifblim, and that Ability sounds kinda weird and better suited for some other type combination.

While that design idea sounds cool, we already have Drifloon and Drifblim, and that Ability sounds kinda weird and better suited for some other type combination.
that we have ballons is ok, but some more ghost/flying then oricorio and them would be good .
what other type combination?(flying isnt only air but also contact moves)

Also, Forretress' turrets don't look too sharp.
Fair enough. I just thought they could be used somehow, like giving Forretress Megahorn? Still kinda preposterous, but I can see it happening.

Also, I think it would need a base power buff to be useful, but it would be funny to give Water Shuriken to Cloyster.

Why does Togetic get Smart Strike over Pokémon who could feasibly use it, such as, I dunno, Forretress?
I'm guessing because it and Togekiss technically have the horns necessary to use it, although the fact that Togekiss's horns are pointing backwards makes it kinda awkward for it...

...Nah. Let's just throw that last one into the same pile as Togekiss's Focus Punch: sometimes an evolved Pokémon may know moves that make more sense when known by its pre-evolved form.

Scizor should be able to learn Guillotine.
Yveltal should be able to learn Nightmare.
Rapidash should be able to learn Blaze Kick.
Magearna and Vikavolt should be able to learn Lock-On.
Espurr, Meowstic and the Abra line should be able to learn Mind Reader.

Also Aurora Veil. Silly Game Freak.
I would give it also to Empoleon and other pokemon to make it fun in use, becuse if one pokemon fainst a other can pick it up.

Delphox --> Imprison (+ buff the move; make it disable the moves of the same type as the users moves )

_________________________________________________________________________________

Gumshoos with Dragon Tail and Volt Switch could work well to make Stake Out even work better.
Why didnt they give it Dragon Tail is a mystery to me, maybe becuse its not a lizard?but Sammuotr got it...

maybe it may get a similar move next generation? But they could have given it Circle Throw atleast?

maybe a buff to Stake Out ability:
current: doubles the power of moves used against targets that have switched in this turn.
buffed: doubles the power of moves used against targets that have switched in this turn or if the user switches in and out in the same turn.(U-turn- double power power- yeah) )

People forget that Gumshoos new ability and Golisopod make an interesting pair, after a buff to stake out this would be even more interesting.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Dynamic Punch for No Guard Lycanroc. Midnight got the shaft of -30 Spe and got +10 in HP, Def and Sp. Def, and being a Rock he isn't gonna be surviving too many attacks anyway, so he definitely deserves more perks. Dynamic Punch was definitely a move tutor thing, too, so I'm disappointed he can't learn it.

Incineroar and Sucker Punch. Why, GameFreak. why?

It fits right in his nature for being a Heel Pokemon, too. But the move that deceptively fakes the opponent out and ambushes them...

They gave to the gentlemanly owl. Well, at least he still has Fake-out.

26272387_410126412742172_6063466766422507520_n.jpg

the move Arm Thrust :

- Incineroar- really should be as a option for it.
It didnt get Close Combat as a ringer.

- Decidueye- low sweep is cool , but in a tail wind combo would look cool.
Its an archer but even an archer needs to battle close with the enemy, hand to hand combat.

- Swampert- especially mega Swampert

- Felligatr - could be a option taking its anime sumo match and game moveset

- Chespin line, this really should been a leveling up move for the first stage stater taking its final form too...

- Geodude evolution family as leveling up move (would be a good option in Trick room if you dont want drain punch or if you want both)

- Crabominable (has ice hammer and better options, but why not?)

- this move also would suit some pokemon like Abipom with its tail

- all pokemon with long and powerfull arms

(take a "move" , "analise it" and then look at the list of "all pokemon" we have already)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom