• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Many Pokémon with good biting power (especially ones with Strong Jaw) should be able to learn Psychic Fangs. Like Tyrantrum, or even Solgaleo. Would also make sense on Pokémon like Espeon, Swoobat, or Meowstic, even if it would not be working on their stronger attacking stat.

Psychic Fang's description does mention it's done with the psychic abilities, though, not with the physical fangs. (But for Pokemon that have fangs and Psychic moves in their pool, they've got no excuse)

I'm hoping Hitmonlee gets Triple Kick soon, now that it's not exclusive to Hitmontop anymore. Just give it Trop Kick too since it was apparently ok to gain Blaziken's then-signature Blaze Kick after just one generation.

While we're at it, Hitmonchan should get Shadow Punch and Meteor Mash. You know where I'm going with this; kicking and punching moves are to these Pokémon like aura moves are to Lucario.

This is probably something that has been said before, but Heracross REALLY needs more Bug moves. It learns a grand total of 3 (THREE) Bug moves: Pin Missile, Megahorn, and Bug Bite via Tutor, as of Gen VII. Even Beedrill learns more Bug moves than Heracross (eight to be precise, as of Gen VII, not including transfer moves), and Beedrill is not exactly the king of bugs (though it has a cool Mega, I will admit that). I mean, it can't even learn U-Turn or X-Scissor, which are almost staples to Bug Mons. It is even worse in earlier gens, as Megahorn was the ONLY Bug move Heracross learned naturally, AND at a late level to boot. And probably the only reason Heracross actually GAINED Pin Missile in the first place was due to its Mega form (Skill Link). It should at least get X-Scissor so it has a reliable Bug STAB move until it gains the stronger (but inaccurate) Megahorn. Sure, it's got some nifty moves like Brick Break, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, and so on, but it can't learn any decent Bug moves until late, which is annoying. So I think Heracross should get at least X-Scissor or something similar.

It probably has claws somewhere. We only ever see its head, who knows what the rest of its body looks like?

If it used the rest of its body to attack we’d have probably known by now.

The creators probably haven’t decided what it looks like themselves and want it to remain a mystery for everyone to have their own interpretations.

I'm surprised that Skuntank can't learn Gunk Shot or even Poison Jab. It was able to use Poison Jab back in Gen IV (well, Jupiter's could, anyway, so I'm not 100% sure if that was genuine or not), but it lost that move later on. And even with Move Tutors it can't learn Gunk Shot. In fact, Skuntank can't learn ANY physical Poison moves, and given the fact that its Attack is higher than its Special Attack, it would make sense to give it a physical Poison move. But it can't. I find that odd. Even Cross Poison would be of some help (and it would pair nicely with Night Slash, which it does learn), but it can't learn that either. Skuntank really needs that fixed.

I'm surprised that Skuntank can't learn Gunk Shot or even Poison Jab. It was able to use Poison Jab back in Gen IV (well, Jupiter's could, anyway, so I'm not 100% sure if that was genuine or not), but it lost that move later on.
Skuntank never lost Poison Jab, it's always been available with TM84. Are you sure you're not misremembering this?

Skuntank never lost Poison Jab, it's always been available with TM84. Are you sure you're not misremembering this?

No, I'm not. I've tried teaching Skuntank Poison Jab past Gen IV, but it said it was incompatible for some reason. I even used a shiny Skuntank in a X run and tried teaching it Poison Jab but no dice. I doubt it was a one-time glitch, otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue in every one of my Gen V and VI games, which seems a bit too odd. Though I did a back-check earlier today and it does say it can learn it in Gen VII, which I admit I overlooked, but for some reason I've never been able to get Poison Jab on it in my attempts. That's why I brought it up, which is why I thought it was strange. And, again, it can't be a one-time glitch on my end, otherwise that'd be a pretty strange glitch to affect only my systems over three gens. So that's why I brought it up, as every attempt I've made to teach it Poison Jab ended up going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom