• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

They also give it to other beautiful genderless mons, like Mew, Minior and Dhelmise.
it would make sense only if it would work bc of the genderless dillema. Like that the other side is clueless about it.

Last edited:
I think that after LGPE and starting with the opening pair of Gen 8, the Eeveelutions should be able to learn those new moves Eevee gets that corresponds to their typing.The English names for those moves may suck, but I feel that their effects would benefit the Eeveelutions greatly.

Plus, it'd be hilarious to see one of the stronger Pokémon get wrecked by a move as childish-sounding as "Baddy Bad." :LOL:

Please tell me that's not a thing.
Sorry, but it really is. Most of the new moves for Pikachu and Eevee Eevee in the upcoming Let's Go! games have pretty terrible English names. The strange this is that the names of the moves in other languages are just normal, while English speaker somehow got stuck with baby talk for some reason. XD

I think that after LGPE and starting with the opening pair of Gen 8, the Eeveelutions should be able to learn those new moves Eevee gets that corresponds to their typing.The English names for those moves may suck, but I feel that their effects would benefit the Eeveelutions greatly.
I haven't exactly committed most of these moves effects to memory, but doesn't the Water one have a HP draining effect like Giga Drain? That would be pretty cool for Vaporeon to throw around.

Vaporeon happens to be my least favourite Eeveelution and the most annoying to deal with... if it gets a water draining move I'm not sure how I'll feel on that.

But if the side effect is Flareon getting better and Umbreon with an attack that’s not Foul Play...

Umbreon with an attack that’s not Foul Play...
Yeah, I've always been a bit more partial to a Curse + Payback route anyway. Foul Play is nice and all, but... I dunno, I'm not 100% keen with relying on my opponent's Attack stat instead of something I can freely control. With moves like Gyro Ball and Electro Ball, my Pokémon's Speed does at least have some bearing.

Speaking of Umbreon, I've always thought it should be able to learn Moonblast. It feels weird to me that Umbreon's ties to night and the moon don't make this move a natural thing.

more pokemon with Phantom Force? especially a ice type like Froslass should get it.

Some psychic, dark, fairy pokemon that are related to shadows, dark and magical.
Jynx, Murkrow, Mandibuzz ad others should be taken into account...

especially a ice type like Froslass should get it.
I can understand Froslass getting it because of its Ghost type, but what does the Ice type have to do with it?
Some psychic, dark, fairy pokemon that are related to shadows, dark and magical.
The move doesn't mention anything about shadows? The only connection to shadows is with it being a Ghost-type move, and that's not really an argument for Pokemon that aren't Ghost-type.

The move doesn't mention anything about shadows? The only connection to shadows is with it being a Ghost-type move, and that's not really an argument for Pokemon that aren't Ghost-type.
The Pokemon "vanishes somewhere" when it attacks, which could be alternate dimension, shadows, or whatever

Given the typing and name, I'd say it's most likely something dealing with the afterlife/ghost dimension/whatever Pokemon chooses to call it. (which would also explain why Yvetal is the only non Ghost-type to get it) Which is even less of a case for Jynx, Murkrow, or Mandibuzz, none of whom are particularly connected to ghostly themes.

because of its Ghost type, but what does the Ice type have to do with it?
nothing, only that it also is a form of buff for ice in some way.

are particularly connected to ghostly themes.

and how many moves don't match the type? I think some magical creature, witches and creatures of the night, that look like bats should be a ble to use it like many non flying that use fly and bounce. That would not harm them so much. Imagine Umbreon, bat lines, some fairies getting it. If they would make let's say Sound moves hit a Phantom Force user in the semi invulnerable turn(bc we lack this option currently) then we would get a lot of new strategies for many pokemon.

Last edited:
only that it also is a form of buff for ice in some way.
One Pokemon getting a new move isn't the same as a buff for the type.
like many non flying that use fly and bounce.
But those Pokemon are clearly capable of bouncing and flying. It'd be bizarre to have Pokemon never associated with ghosts suddenly vanish into the spirit realm. And even the stranger examples of Pokemon using moves outside their type like Snorlax learning Flamethrower at least have the justification of TMs; Phantom Force is a level up move.

One Pokemon getting a new move isn't the same as a buff for the type.

But those Pokemon are clearly capable of bouncing and flying. It'd be bizarre to have Pokemon never associated with ghosts suddenly vanish into the spirit realm. And even the stranger examples of Pokemon using moves outside their type like Snorlax learning Flamethrower at least have the justification of TMs; Phantom Force is a level up move.
yes, but making sound moves and let's say shadow sneak or/and omnious wind hit Phantom Force users in semi turn could be quite good if more pokemon would get that move actually to use.

Other question , how many pokemon are not ghost but are said to be very fast, vanish, spirits or nocturnal?
name of move in japanese is "Ghost Dive" we don't know if it's a other dimension, invisibility or something.
If fairy, psychic and dark are assosiated with magic and can use other ghost type moves already why not Phantom Force?

Read Umbreons dex entry and other pokemon that hide in the dark and can "vanish", "hide".
So many learn Shadow sneak and other ghost type moves why not Phantom Force? If something can use ghost energy to create one move it makes sense to learn others too. I only state that some would deserve it.

Especially psychic type pokemon that learn "teleport" or "ally switch" (Jynx, Alakazam, Hypno, Cacturn) and actually look enough creppy to learn it, dark and fairy types that learn ghost type moves... and all are creatures that are related to magic actually.
Crobat learns ghost moves actually is so fast that theoretically should be able to learn it.
Dark/flying pokemon that learn fly actually after our Legendary Y. also should both be able to learn it.

Level up move but still the list of breedable passed on moves can grow or not? Taking that new pokemon can breed with old ones and it's possible.

I imagine a double battle with using Jynx and Frosslas were both could use Phantom Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom