• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

And that’s not to mention that it’s a two turn move not all that reliable.
but still worth for avoiding Protect.
we will wait and see if ground and rock types where able to learn ice moves then some dark, psychic and fairies may learn Phantom Force without needing to have a ghost typing. I think it should be possible.

If fairies are able to learn poison moves then everything should be possible.

Poison secretion is a comparatively easier feat compared to going across dimensions.
Many organisms can release poison, and many things can be considered poisonous.
you are discussing magic and ghost and comparing them to real life... jeez...

Ok change of subject: grass moves and their power and effects.

Lets say the change of Solarbeam from 120 to 200 was too harsh, I would let it have 140 or 150 max like Frenzy Plant.
Power Whip 120 (would reduce power to 110 and make this one reduce oponents attack and speed one stage)
Petal Dance 120 (back side that it's repeated and end with confussion)
Woodhamer 120(back side hp loss)
Petal Blizzard 90 (physical??? why not make it a Special this one could work like Phantom Force, or maybe like first impression? the user could hide in the Petals and reaper after it has finished like a ninja)
Sappy seed 90 (drains hp)
Grass Pledge 80(should hit Dig users)
Seed Bomb 80

we don't have no grass moves with power 100?

Weird that more grass types don't learn those "Petal" moves.
Since I watched Bleach and that Petal sword shinigami I think that motive would quite be nice even as a defending move.
Especially Serperior would fit this two moves.
Maybe a new grass type could be faster and fit with them better.

Last edited:
It’s too overpowered. Moves with comparable power like Fire Blast have a measly 10% chance of causing status effect and here’s youre describing a guaranteed reduction in two stats.
sorry forgot the %, but grass is one of the weakest typings in games compared to fire and even water when defense and ofense are taken into account. Maybe 10% chance of causing confussion should be possible? "Power Whip"... taking that water and grass have no own status effect actually their moves should be more versatile.

The only thing he's comparing to real life is poison secretion, which is a real thing.
and when it comes to magic, fairies, ghost and creatures of the night then ghost dimensions and other folklore creatures are restricted by fan rules of a restricted group with restricted mind sets.
Yes I know what real biology is... thanks for making it clear.

and when it comes to magic, fairies, ghost and creatures of the night then ghost dimensions and other folklore creatures are restricted by fan rules of a restricted group with restricted mind sets.
Yes I know what real biology is... thanks for making it clear.

Why not then have all fire types learn water gun and Ice beam, and all dark types learn Draco meteor then if there are no limits?

sorry forgot the %, but grass is one of the weakest typings in games compared to fire and even water when defense and ofense are taken into account. Maybe 10% chance of causing confussion should be possible? "Power Whip"... taking that water and grass have no own status effect actually their moves should be more versatile.

I don't get why Power Whip should cause confusion. Also, dude, not everything has to be done for competitive gameplay.

I was playing Heart Gold (though the game glitches out and now I'm playing Soul Silver) and apparantly Bellsprout can learn flash!?

Why, GameFreak, why?

Ninja edit: Flash has a rather high distribution for some reason...

I was playing Heart Gold (though the game glitches out and now I'm playing Soul Silver) and apparantly Bellsprout can learn flash!?

Why, GameFreak, why?

Ninja edit: Flash has a rather high distribution for some reason...
Yup, specially among Grass Pokémon for some reason. Maybe it's there to prevent frustration from players?

I bet it also has something to do with the fact that Johto tended to involve Flash more than any other region, so they wanted to give it a wide distribution. Now that it's not a TM anymore, there's very few Pokemon left that learn it.

I bet it also has something to do with the fact that Johto tended to involve Flash more than any other region, so they wanted to give it a wide distribution. Now that it's not a TM anymore, there's very few Pokemon left that learn it.
I think I'm missing something, but I think the only places that use Flash in GS are the Dark Cave and the Rock Tunnel. Then again, I might be missing some place since I don't visit areas if they don't have trainers.

Back
Top Bottom