• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I dunno how Ferroseed is able to learn Hone Claws when it has no arms :confused:

Well, it's evolved form gains claws of sorts, so maybe it uses its barbs as makeshift claws until it actually gets arms upon evolution. Think of it in the same vein as Alakazam with Iron Tail and Togekiss with punching moves. Of course, Pokemon and logic mix like water and oil at times, so something like that ins't too farfetch'd.

Anyway, I noticed that Honchkrow learns Thunder Wave. How? And why? Does it play into the whole wizard/mob boss idea that the bird has? Because I can't see how else Honchkrow would be able to learn Thunder Wave otherwise. And it's not like it gets any other Elec moves, either, just Thunder Wave. I find that rather odd.

Why not then have all fire types learn water gun and Ice beam, and all dark types learn Draco meteor then if there are no limits?
You didn't get my ironic joke about magic related then... sorry.

But Extrasensory and shadowsneak on a water/dark ninjfrog yes? hipocrycy of fans...

Grass types need some love who fears status effects, look how much fire moves have.

Ember causes a burn.
water gun? and Vine whip?
Razzor leaf extra demage.

Powerful moves like Inferno and Heat Wave...
Will-o-wisp.

Better check how many grass and water moves induce statuses and rise/lower stats in comparance to fire.

Flame charge, rises speed+burn effect?
Bubble beam, reduces speed.

bubble beam and

Flamethrower, burns...
Petal Blizzard?
Energy Ball reduces one stats.

Blaze Kick, same effect as leaf blade + burns oponent.
Leaf Blade?

some water and grass moves reduce the chance of hitting(accuracy) like Leaf Tornado and Muddy Water but would be cool to get one that confuses, poisons or does something else in future.

You do realize that Shadow Sneak and Extrasensory make sense on a ninja like Greninja, right?

Ninja's are stealthy and can disappear within shadows with ease before striking their enemy from their and then disappear into the shadows from it. Shadow Sneak.

Besides that, due to their nature and training, they tend to have a form of clairvoyance like is the case with Extrasensory.

But Extrasensory and shadowsneak on a water/dark ninjfrog yes? hipocrycy of fans...
This might come as a shock, but Extrasensory and Shadow Sneak are entirely different moves from Phantom Force, and someone's opinion on who should get Extrasensory or Shadow Sneak can be different from their opinion on who should get Phantom Force. (Unless I'm seriously missing something, PkmnTrainerV never suggested Greninja should get Phantom Force, either)

You didn't get my ironic joke about magic related then... sorry.

Grass types need some love who fears status effects, look how much fire moves have.

Ember causes a burn.
water gun? and Vine whip?
Razzor leaf extra demage.

Powerful moves like Inferno and Heat Wave...
Will-o-wisp.

Better check how many grass and water moves induce statuses and rise/lower stats in comparance to fire.

Flame charge, rises speed+burn effect?
Bubble beam, reduces speed.

bubble beam and

Flamethrower, burns...
Petal Blizzard?
Energy Ball reduces one stats.

Blaze Kick, same effect as leaf blade + burns oponent.
Leaf Blade?

some water and grass moves reduce the chance of hitting(accuracy) like Leaf Tornado and Muddy Water but would be cool to get one that confuses, poisons or does something else in future.
Flame Charge doesn’t cause a burn and Water Pulse is a water move that causes confusion.

You do realize that Shadow Sneak and Extrasensory make sense on a ninja like Greninja, right?

Ninja's are stealthy and can disappear within shadows with ease before striking their enemy from their and then disappear into the shadows from it. Shadow Sneak.

Besides that, due to their nature and training, they tend to have a form of clairvoyance like is the case with Extrasensory.

Phantom Force also make sense on any ninja based pokemon agreed. But not only ninjas, werewolfs, vampire bats and more creatures are there.

Arcanine was never arguing that Phantom Force made sense on those Pokemon. Hiding in the shadows is one thing, teleporting to another dimension is another.

As someone that knows about werewolves, why them? They don't have that kind of powers and Hollywood ones don't have anything to do with real werewolves.
seeing if someone checks it out. But witches and some fairy tale creatures could work well.

Half joking, but half serious... Diglett learning any physical moves that require limbs, or anything other than a way for them to ram their head into something. :p Thing's literally just a head popping out of the ground and that's all we see. Stop teasing us with moves like Scratch, Slash, and Sucker Punch!

Half joking, but half serious... Diglett learning any physical moves that require limbs, or anything other than a way for them to ram their head into something. :p Thing's literally just a head popping out of the ground and that's all we see. Stop teasing us with moves like Scratch, Slash, and Sucker Punch!
Doesn't help that the only time they could have shown us how it looks like, they add another joke about that (to those that don't know, it was in the first PMD).

what about wolfes from fairy tailes that could blow down a house?
Will Lycanroc midnight learn Whirlwind and other powerful flying type and other wind moves?

what about wolfes from fairy tailes that could blow down a house?
Will Lycanroc midnight learn Whirlwind and other powerful flying type and other wind moves?
Whirlwind I kinda get, if struggling. But there isn’t a single strong flying type move or other wind moves that would make any sort of sense in midnight Lycanroc.

I always thought every Pokemon should be able to learn Tackle and Headbutt. They're simple moves that seems to fit every Pokemon there is just fine.

I forgot to mention something when I posted on this thread last. How in blazes is Pelipper able to use Shock Wave? I mean come on, the bird is 4x weak to Elec, so how can it use a move that would deep fry it in return? And it's not like it gets any other moves of that type to go along with it, so why does it get Shock Wave at all? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Thunder Wave I'm willing to handwave in some cases, like Gyarados (which is based off of a dragon/wyrm, so that's at least plausible), but Shock Wave on a Mon that is would get BBQed right back by it, and isn't even associated with the element to begin with, is rather strange.

How in blazes is Pelipper able to use Shock Wave?
maybe its associated with it's ability to cause rain?
you know how lighting is created in nature?
You know why during rainstorm we have storm clouds and lightings?
The wet air that is high above is cooled down the higher and near the cosmos.
Ice particles that are high up in the sky rub and create (-) energy that seeks the fastest way to get neutralized and conducts with the ground(+).
Practically ice types should be able to learn this.

Maybe Peliper if can summon rain, use ice attacks also should be able to produce lighting even if itself is weak to it when hit by it.
Remember even humans can create energy but that what hurts is the hitting by near/close contact. Like when you are electrized and touch your car then the energy you feel realeased as fast "heat". The energy only hurts when maintained to long or to long exposure thats why it's own attack would not hurt it, bc it's directly created and realesed energy and not hit by without preparation. Interesting would be if they would use Show Wave Pelipper as a defense mechanism against Pikachus attacks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom