• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Well, part of me agrees with that, but maybe it's also the gesture that also causes drowsyness. I started yawning once just by seeing a GIF of a puppy yawning.

Although, my situation might be an isolated incident.

Can confirm that inaudible yawns are still contagious. Heck, just this discussion about yawning is making me yawn...

Yawn just feels the kind of move that shouldn’t be blocked by a substitute.
The sound and the gesture independently both can cause drowsiness in my experience.

I also have a co-worker who yawns very loudly, and it sucks because then everyone starts.

OK, he would be OP-AF, I grant you. So maybe not the best idea, but being based on a vampire squid and his anime appearance makes me wish Malamar got Leach Life (vampire) and Confuse Ray (anime). I love that super villain styled pokemon and selfishly want more for him.

Not exactly related specifically to some species but Yawn should be a sound move.

Exactly! Hited on the point. When a sleeping pokemon self uses uproar or a other sound move it should faster wake up. Especially with sleep talk.

Zap cannon should always break through all Protect like moves(like phantom force and that normal move) and become a increased priority move taking its 50% hitting chance. Thunder does by rain break protect. Then many interesting relations with abilities and moves would come into play.

Last edited:
Genderless Pokemon should be able to learn attract for 100% effectiveness across the board.
And other Pokemon should be able to use attract on them.

Come to think of it, it's pretty lazy that attract still only works on opposite-gender Pokemon, but that's for another thread.

Genderless Pokemon should be able to learn attract for 100% effectiveness across the board.
And other Pokemon should be able to use attract on them.

Come to think of it, it's pretty lazy that attract still only works on opposite-gender Pokemon, but that's for another thread.
I consider genderless Pokémon asexual, so maybe that's why they are like that?

Goodra can apparently throw devastating punches, but can’t learn a single punching move naturally.

Though I do wonder who got the idea to give it that dex entry when it barely has hands.
It wouldn't be the first discrepancy between dex entries and movesets, cough Dream eater and Drowzee cough

Maybe it uses its tail?
I consider genderless Pokémon asexual, so maybe that's why they are like that?
Cyrogonal and Minior can learn attract... maybe it’s due to conventional beauty of patterns? And for some reason Dhelmise can too... I struggle to find anything beautiful in Dhelmise.

And why can’t Oranguru learn attract?
Neither can Ferroseed and Ferrothorn, so those two lines are the only gendered lines where not a single member can learn it. It could potentially have been an oversight, it's known to happen.

The 'asexual' explanation makes sortof sense but also not? I mean Pheromosa is genderless, but Wicke says this about it:" But its most distinctive features may in fact be its beauty and its powerful pheromones. Most any creature that squares off against a Pheromosa becomes confused, as if struck by the beast's beauty, and loses the will to fight."

So according to its lore it can 'attract' anyone regardless of gender. And I realise it can't actually learn Attract, yes

But I mean, GF tiptoes around reproduction in the Pokemon world anyway, so I doubt we'll ever really see it addressed.

Back
Top Bottom