• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Samurott- Snipe shot, First Impression, Obstruct, Meteor Assault, No retreat, Court Change, False Surender, Breaking Swipe

Blastoise has blasters , Snipe shot comes in mind too...

Chesnaught- Meteor Assault, No retreat, Court Change, False Surrender, Obstruct, if something thats grass learns Belly Drum then Drum Beating too?

Delphox- Spirit Break, Magic Powder, Tea Time(via magic)
Aurora Veil- when oponent activates hail would be nice if a pokemon that uses Aurora Veil was immune to hail and gained the effect as a magician.

Torrtera, Chesnaught, Meganium, Sceptile with that Apple Acid and Grav Apple moves?

Torterra --> tar shot + weather ball in sun with Synthesis could be nice.

Swampert--> Tar shot

Decidueye- Spirit Break, No retreat, Obstruct, Snipe shot (water arrow), False Surrender

Sceptile --> Breaking Swipe

Magcargo- Purify(it learns toxic) and Steel Beam, Scald, Pyroball by hitting a rock with the head.

Last edited:
All Pokemon that learn Surf via TR should also be able to learn Whirlpool by TM, even non-water ones such as Haxorus and Heliolisk. In HeartGold/SoulSilver, if a Pokemon was compartible with the former, the it was compartible with the latter, too, so I've no idea why it was dropped in Sw/Sh.

Learning Toxic does not mean a Pokemon can cure another Pokemon of poisoning. Most Pokemon learn Toxic.

Steel Beam specifically says it uses steel from the user's body- where does Macargo have steel?

it melt rocks? its a fire/rock made out of living magma that contains metals:

Spiritomb the sucker of souls and doesnt get enough draining moves?
Infestation but no Leech Life, no Draining Kiss and no Giga Drain?
Also missing Future Sight is bad for business.
Also more ball and bomb moves would be cool taking it's form.

Last edited:
it melt rocks? its a fire/rock made out of living magma that contains metals:
Trace amounts of metal that were found in the rocks that melted. Considering that no Pokemon that learns Steel Beam is a Rock-type, it's clear that having some metal in rocks is not enough to make a whole beam out of it.
Some metals being able to withstand magma doesn't mean that all magma has metal in it. Do you read the links you post, or do you just google the terms and link what comes up?
Spiritomb the sucker of souls and doesnt get enough draining moves?
Nothing about Spiritomb says anything about it sucking souls.
Also missing Future Sight is bad for business.
Missing Future Sight, despite only two Ghost-types learning Future Sight and there being no connection to seeing the future, is bad for business?

Trace amounts of metal that were found in the rocks that melted. Considering that no Pokemon that learns Steel Beam is a Rock-type, it's clear that having some metal in rocks is not enough to make a whole beam out of it.

Some metals being able to withstand magma doesn't mean that all magma has metal in it. Do you read the links you post, or do you just google the terms and link what comes up?

Nothing about Spiritomb says anything about it sucking souls.

Missing Future Sight, despite only two Ghost-types learning Future Sight and there being no connection to seeing the future, is bad for business?

read it's dex entry and theories what it is based on... stone with mythical energy of the form of a ball like of a psychic...
also read the links clearly , all links not one... magma has in it meatls if you would just read and not attack me like a child to force your will and to feel victoriuos...

then why so many many rock, ground and other pokemon learn steel moves at all? if its not enough metal then normal types should not be able to use the tini bit of metal in blood to perform steel moves at all with total logic... good that pokemon goes outside of the box sometimes.

read it's dex entry
Literally nothing about metal.
and theories what it is based on... stone with mythical energy of the form of a ball like of a psychic...
Theories, not fact. And what would a magic psychic ball have to do with metal at all?
magma has in it meatls if you would just read
I read the links. Maybe you should reread my post.
The links said there was trace amounts of metal in rocks that melted and formed magma, not that all magma had a lot of metal in it. That was my whole reason for mentioning rocks in the first place.
and not attack me like a child to force your will and to feel victoriuos...
Because I pointed out that "metal can withstand magma" does not prove that all magma has metal in it? Accusing me of trying to start a fight and "forcing my will to feel victorious" is way more immature than saying "read what you link to".
then why so many many rock, ground and other pokemon learn steel moves at all?
Because those Steel moves don't say that they use metal from the user's body?
if its not enough metal then normal types should not be able to use the tini bit of metal in blood to perform steel moves at all with total logic...
Pretty sure they're not saying that Normal-types use the iron in their blood for Steel moves.

Literally nothing about metal.

to magma, that has it...

Slugma learns iron defense... and Magcargo learns Gyro-ball would make sense to give it special steel coverage.

weird Magcargo 2 generations was missing dex entries? weird? somethings on here.
the same with Camerupt? Bot only Magma armor ability users?

Both have Magma Armor, maybe they will upgrade that ability from not freezing to additional blocking of oponents biting moves , investation(bidning moves) and entry hazards too? not many actually.
This ability would deserve that. taking we have what 4 or 5 entry hazards, 10 biting moves and 13 biding moves(removed by rapid spin, one is stealth rock), that would make protection from 27 moves and would be actually pretty cool for both of them.

If we would get a electric , ghost or other binding moves it could actually very help.

Then I would even let Magmar get Magma Armor as secondary ability.

Last edited:
to magma, that has it...
Yes, its dex entries state it has magma. I never said it didn't. But its dex entries don't say that it has any metal in it.
weird Magcargo 2 generations was missing dex entries? weird? somethings on here.
Because it was left out of the regional dexes. Simple as that.
Both have Magma Armor, maybe they will upgrade that ability from not freezing to additional blocking of oponents biting moves , investation(bidning moves) and entry hazards too? not many actually.
This ability would deserve that. taking we have what 4 or 5 entry hazards, 10 biting moves and 13 biding moves(removed by rapid spin, one is stealth rock), that would make protection from 27 moves and would be actually pretty cool for both of them.

If we would get a electric , ghost or other binding moves it could actually very help.

Then I would even let Magmar get Magma Armor as secondary ability.
This has nothing to do with the thread's topic.

If Magmortar (my favorite fire type) still doesn't get Earth Power in the same gen Venusaur got it, i'll lose my shit

As for its counterpart Electivire, it should get Darkest Lariat, maybe Power Whip and it should've gotten Close Combat (or at the very least Superpower) as well as Bulk Up (or an ideal Dragon Dance clone for electric types called Power-Up Charge)........oh and give it better STAB like Volt Tackle plz

Last edited:
Ex; both Weavile and Tsareena lost Knock Off, but do you know who in their respective egg groups can learn it? Rillaboom, but don't give it back to Incineroar plz

another Ex; Togekiss can get Tailwind as an egg move from Braivary (tho Togepi never had Tailwind before)

third Ex; Bisharp can get Knock Off from Machamp, if Gardevoir/Gallade (who's now in the egg-group in case you forgot) can get it, then so should Bisharp

all i'm trying to say is as long as they're not tutors again, they can distribute them a little more without having to distribute them too much like they did in the past

Teatime ... would fit to all Alice in wonderland like pokemon... Jynx, Mr Mime line, snubull, farie pokemon...
but it would need to affect potions too...
also pokemon with no berry or potion should get confused in battle.

interesting would be to change the effect of the users berry or potion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom