• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Flareth

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
(I apologize if this thread already exists, but I checked and didn't see anything like it.)

Title says it all. What moves do you think certain Pokemon should have?

For me, I'd say that Charmeleon and Charizard should have Close Combat. I mean, they seem like the kind of PKMN that would basically get in an opponent's face and kick the shit outta them, which is what I think of when I think "Close Combat." You?

Sneasel and Weavile really need Sucker Punch. They can learn Surf and even Whirlpool, but not Sucker Punch? What?

Mightyena definitely needs pursuit, considering it's a Dark-type and based on a Hyena.
Kyurem needs either Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Surf, Brick Break or Scald. The only move it learns to deal with Steel-types is Focus Blast, with its oh so awesome accuracy.

I'd like to think that a LOT of PKMN (specifically Meganium and Houndoom) should get Brick Break. "Needs a hand" my ass. Pupitar can have it. Bonsly can have it. Neither has an arm. My point exactly.

Ampharos needs to learn Tail Glow.

Yeah I know the Japanese name is Firefly Light, but if Manaphy can learn it, I don't see why Ampharos shouldn't.

Hydreigon should be able to learn Dark Pulse by level up, not just by breeding.

Now, about Flareon.....

Flare Blitz aside, I think it should at least be able to learn Energy Ball. At first, it doesn't make sense, BUT:

POKEDEX ENTRY FROM EMERALD:
Flareon's fluffy fur releases heat into the air so that its body does not get excessively hot. Its body temperature can rise to a maximum of 1,650 degrees F.

That much heat would seem to be a good source of energy, hence why I say Energy Ball.

I'd like to think that a LOT of PKMN (specifically Meganium and Houndoom) should get Brick Break. "Needs a hand" my ass. Pupitar can have it. Bonsly can have it. Neither has an arm. My point exactly.

How the hell would Meganium use Brick Break? I can see Pupitar and Bonsly using it, Pupitar would just charge into the wall, and Bonlsy would use the thing on its head.

Same with Houndoom. No. Just no.

I agree with Zhwoobatte. It's weird. And Solrock should get Morning sun.

Mightyena should be able to learn Crunch, I mean it learns Bite...what's the difference?

And Scyther should be able to learn Fly in my opinion, it's big enough, it has wings and it's a Flying type.

Butterfree and Fly. What kind of butterfly can't learn Fly?!? This is why I have TAXI the pidgey on Blue

I'd like to see Meganium get a more diverse moveset overall. If Feraligatr and Typhlosion can learn moves like Aerial Ace and Focus Blast, why shouldn't Meganium?

Butterfree and Fly. What kind of butterfly can't learn Fly?!? This is why I have TAXI the pidgey on Blue

So have you ever tried to sit on a butterfly and ask it to fly you to the other side of the country?
A butterfly might be able to fly on it's own but not with a 10 year old kid standing on it's back.

Mightyena should be able to learn Crunch, I mean it learns Bite...what's the difference?

And Scyther should be able to learn Fly in my opinion, it's big enough, it has wings and it's a Flying type.

No but they're bugs :s Bugs are tiny. I know Pidgey and all other basic birds are, but a bug is just silly.

If anyone should Fly, it's gotta be Gyarados.

No but they're bugs :s Bugs are tiny. I know Pidgey and all other basic birds are, but a bug is just silly.

If anyone should Fly, it's gotta be Gyarados.

No, MOST bugs are tiny.

Scyther on the other hand is pretty big, I don't see why it shouldn't be able to carry a little kid on it's back.

The same way Bonsly and Pupitar would use it: Charging at the opponent like a mad rhino.

Isn't that a Tackle?
Isn't the point of Brick Break that the pokemon uses it's hand or hand-like appendage like a karate master would when breaking a brick?

So have you ever tried to sit on a butterfly and ask it to fly you to the other side of the country?
A butterfly might be able to fly on it's own but not with a 10 year old kid standing on it's back.

I think asking a Butterfree or Scyther with there large wings to fly a person across the country makes more sense then a Hoothoot with it's practically nonexistant wings to fly ANYWHERE while carying a trainer.

No, MOST bugs are tiny.

Scyther on the other hand is pretty big, I don't see why it shouldn't be able to carry a little kid on it's back.

I think asking a Butterfree or Scyther with there large wings to fly a person across the country makes more sense then a Hoothoot with it's practically nonexistant wings to fly ANYWHERE while carying a trainer.

I agree with Scyther being able to use fly. And the same for small birds being able to fly, maybe they only implemented to be more realistic? I remember Zubat couldn't use Fly until it evolved, made more sense.

The same way Bonsly and Pupitar would use it: Charging at the opponent like a mad rhino.

I can see where you're coming from, but then how can Muk use it? Or Togekiss?

Muk has an arm, Togekiss most likely use its wings, like steel wing.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom