• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Look at Garchomp its claws look pretty similar to Scythers. Scizor learns metal CLAW so I think it should learn it.

Yes, but Garchomp actually has Claws, not scythes. And Metal claw was the signature move of Scizor, as Scizor actually has claws. Maybe Scizor should get it as a Tm move.

Yes, but Garchomp actually has Claws, not scythes. And Metal claw was the signature move of Scizor, as Scizor actually has claws. Maybe Scizor should get it as a Tm move.
That's what I mean. By TM or at least breeding. It can breed with Flygon right?

Kind of surprised that Braviary doesn't learn Seismic Toss. I mean, if it can carry a car, picking up the opponent and piledriving them shouldn't be that hard.

It can't really toss a pokemon (at least physiologically), but it can pick it up and drop it.

Pikachu should have Extreme Speed and Zap Cannon (I said this in another thread before :p).
Druddigon should have Dragon Dance. Those are the only 2 that come to mind atm.

THIS. I'm still annoyed because pikachu never can learn a move like extreme speed, that would just perfect!

I wish gligar/gliscor can learn cross poison/poison tail by level up in the next generation game (which I'm not certain to have). This pokemon line is just too versatile to miss this moves (and my dream to have a gligar with wing attack and cross poison would be true TvT).

Anyway, I still don't understand why gligar/gliscor are in a insect group when they clearly remember bats...

Emboar should get Submission, and Submission should get a power and accuracy boost.

THIS. I'm still annoyed because pikachu never can learn a move like extreme speed, that would just perfect!

Pikachu gets quick attack, no point getting Extremespeed, it is just a mouse after all...

Electivire doesn't even get Cut, to say nothing of stronger slashing attacks. I wouldn't give it Swords Dance.

It'd have to settle for Howl.

Cryogonal should have Magic Coat and Spikes, they would really help make it more useful and are quite fitting attacks too. Offensively I can also imagine it using Power Gem and Extrasensory, since it desperately needs some decent attacks that aren't Ice moves.

Luxray got gypped when the Platinum tutors didn't let it get Sucker Punch, since every other cat Pokemon can learn it...

Venusaur should get Earth Power, Flamethrower and Dragon Dance. Ind4 you say 'that doesn't make sense,' I think it makes about as much sense as Crawdaunt and Wiscash learning Dragon Dance or the pig, the penguin and almost all the monkeys learning Grass Knot.

Meganium is at the end of her rope. She's given up all pride and is now on her knees begging for Wish, Baton Pass and Quiver Dance.

Sceptile also wants Earth Power.

Serperior needs Recover.

Blastoise needs Slack Off. I mean c'mon! It's a tank, let it do it's thing! It also wants Shell Smash, obviously.

Ferrothorn wants Rapid Spin. So what if it now completely outclasses Foretress? Nobody cares about that thing anyway.

Cresselia should have gotten Miracle Eye. D8 how can she be a counterpart to Darkrai when she's at a clear disadvantage? Miracle Eye would help balance things a little.

Envoy said:
Venusaur should get Earth Power, Flamethrower and Dragon Dance. Ind4 you say 'that doesn't make sense,' I think it makes about as much sense as Crawdaunt and Wiscash learning Dragon Dance or the pig, the penguin and almost all the monkeys learning Grass Knot.

There is NOT ONE SINGLE Grass Pokemon that can learn Flamethrower. :/ That idea is a tad silly.

Crawdaunt and Wiscash learning Dragon Dance makes enough sense. They can only get it through breeding, if their father is a Gyarados or etc. Venusaur can't dance anyway, whereas Crawdaunt and Wiscash are considerably more mobile and can do the Dragon Dance properly.
*and before someone points out that Venusaur can learn Swords Dance, he can't learn it naturally. He has to be taught by TM or tutor, not through breeding or leveling up. It's a different thing, for Venusaur at least.

Venusaur should get Flamethrower

You, sir, have gone Batty.

Back on topic: Speaking of bats, I'd think that Golbat should get Crunch. Look me in the eye and tell me that his mouth isn't suitable for Crunch-ing.

The Deino line doesn't need Nasty Plot by any means, but look at Hydreigon. LOOK AT IT. THEN TELL ME YOU DON'T THINK THAT THING IS CAPABLE OF SOME SERIOUSLY NASTY PLOTTING.

Also learning Dark Pulse by level-up would be nice.

Nthing the need for Flare Blitz Flareon.

Roserade needs Power Whip, for this reason alone:

Roserade's Diamond Pokédex Entry said:
It attracts prey with a sweet aroma, then downs it with thorny whips hidden in its arms.

I hate it when the Pokédex does that sort of thing so so much.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom