• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Cresselia should have gotten Miracle Eye. D8 how can she be a counterpart to Darkrai when she's at a clear disadvantage? Miracle Eye would help balance things a little.

There is NOT ONE SINGLE Grass Pokemon that can learn Flamethrower. :/ That idea is a tad silly.

Crawdaunt and Wiscash learning Dragon Dance makes enough sense. They can only get it through breeding, if their father is a Gyarados or etc. Venusaur can't dance anyway, whereas Crawdaunt and Wiscash are considerably more mobile and can do the Dragon Dance properly.
*and before someone points out that Venusaur can learn Swords Dance, he can't learn it naturally. He has to be taught by TM or tutor, not through breeding or leveling up. It's a different thing, for Venusaur at least.

You're absolutely right. We should fix that. I then propose giving Flamethrower to Venusaur, Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, Serperior, Vileplume, Victreebel, Parasect, Exeggutor, Tangrowth, Leafeon, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Bellossom, Celebi, Shiftry, Tropius, Breloom, Ludicolo, Cacturne, Cradily, Roserade, Carnivine, Abomasnow, Wormadam-G, Cherrim, Simisage, Sawsbuck, Liligant, Whimsicott, Leavanny, Shaymin [-S], Ferrothorn and Virizion. I think that's fair, especially given the number of Fire Pokemon that can randomly learn Solarbeam, don't you?

Oh, and for the record, I never specified any of these attacks had to be via level up. Also for the record, Wiscash learning Dragon Dance will never make more sense than Venusaur learning it.

I think that's fair, especially given the number of Fire Pokemon that can randomly learn Solarbeam, don't you?

._. SOLAR beam, dude. What is the sun? It is a giant ball of....wait for it...

FIRE!!!!

It makes perfect sense for a being of fire to draw power from the sun. But there is no sense at all for a being of plant to commit suicide by breathing fire.

Funny, I thought of that a while ago. It makes sense, given that his name is Beedrill.

Beedrill is called Spear in Japan.

._. SOLAR beam, dude. What is the sun? It is a giant ball of....wait for it...

FIRE!!!!

It makes perfect sense for a being of fire to draw power from the sun. But there is no sense at all for a being of plant to commit suicide by breathing fire.

Beedrill is called Spear in Japan.

<--- Does not bother pointing out how Solarbeam is essentially a variation of the process of photosynthesis and will instead ask about everyone and their mother getting Grass Knot.

Also, if Fire types can use pseudo-photosynthesis to use Solarbeam, why can't Grass types exude that same energy (which is composed of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide mixed in with some kind of energy *likeofthesolarvariety*, mind you. These are all things plants absorb) as Flamethrower?

<--- Does not bother pointing out how Solarbeam is essentially a variation of the process of photosynthesis and will instead ask about everyone and their mother getting Grass Knot.

Also, if Fire types can use pseudo-photosynthesis to use Solarbeam, why can't Grass types exude that same energy (which is composed of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide mixed in with some kind of energy *likeofthesolarvariety*, mind you. These are all things plants absorb) as Flamethrower?

SolarBeam is named the same in Japan, too, and nothing about how the attack looks in any generation it appeared in seemed to suggest it's Photosynthesis. There actually IS a move for Photosynthesis... Synthesis! @A@;

Fire Pokemon that use SolarBeam aren't using Photosynthesis, they're drawing light from sources in the room, and if they can, from the sun itself. Heat and light, both are very fire-like characteristics.

And as for Grass Knot/Rope, the only Fire-Pokemon that can learn it are Victini and these lines: Chimchar's, Tepig's, Darumaka's, and Pansear's. I can see these Pokemon getting a rope of grass from somewhere to trip their opponent; that doesn't mean I want to see them using Leaf Storm as if they were a Grass Pokemon.

SolarBeam is named the same in Japan, too, and nothing about how the attack looks in any generation it appeared in seemed to suggest it's Photosynthesis. There actually IS a move for Photosynthesis... Synthesis! @A@;

Fire Pokemon that use SolarBeam aren't using Photosynthesis, they're drawing light from sources in the room, and if they can, from the sun itself. Heat and light, both are very fire-like characteristics.

And as for Grass Knot/Rope, the only Fire-Pokemon that can learn it are Victini and these lines: Chimchar's, Tepig's, Darumaka's, and Pansear's. I can see these Pokemon getting a rope of grass from somewhere to trip their opponent; that doesn't mean I want to see them using Leaf Storm as if they were a Grass Pokemon.

But get a rope of grass from where?

What if Phione got Quiver Dance(Butterfly Dance), and Manaphy didn't? Manaphy already has Tail Glow(Firefly Light), so why not add to the absurdity? :-D On another note, why don't Hydreigon and Zoroark get Dark Pulse by level up!?

"It also uses its needle-like mouth to stab its prey"

It should get a move that incorporates this :/ Something like Poison Jab or something..

With Emboar's high HP and DW ability, I think it's safe to say that Emboar was made with Reckless/Flare Blitz in mind.

It doesn't need any punching moves, Hammer Arm being the only one it likes and receives. (Hammer Arm gets an Iron Fist boost--it is thus a punch. Emboar likes Hammer Arm because its speed stinks and it gets STAB--and Emboar is a nautrual choice for a TR team.)

Emboar should get Submission (restated).

Last edited:
If Braviary and Scolipede can learn Rock Slide, why can't they learn Stone Edge?

I think that Corsola,Ekans,Arbok, and Seviper should learn Autotomize. Geodude and Roggenrola can learn it through bredding, so I think that Corsola would be able to learn it. You know breaking off some of the rocks on it. The snakes should be able to learn it since it is a reference autotomy.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom