• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Sent Shadow Tag Chandelure to Dream Eater on a Sleep Talker. Watch the foe go "OH CRAP!". There, Dream Eater sans Hypnosis sounds great now.

As for Flareon, give him a Choice Band/Scarf with Flare Blitz and he'd be overpowered and broken, right? D8 Plus I think Flare Blitz is for powerful Fire-type Pokemon who are (or will evolve into) something physically big and strong. Looking at the list of those who can learn Flare Blitz, only Victini doesn't fit that description.

Last edited:
Flareon would still suck even with Flare Blitz.

Entei,Raikou,Suicune need hone claws
Emboar should have fire punch(dex entry)
Samurott should have shell smash and so should blastoise.

Here's a good one: Chandelure' Pokédex entry (at least in Black) explicitly mentions its ability to hypnotize people, yet Chandelure cannot learn Hypnosis by any method. This is made more confusing by the fact that Chandelure is able to use Dream Eater - without a sleep-inducing move, Dream Eater is completely useless. I can't make a whole lot of sense out of that one.

You can punish a pokemon that like uses rest a lot by giving it some dream eaters.

Pikachu should be able to learn bite.... its a rodent it should be able to bite. And pokemon like raticate and gyrados should be able to use Crunch

You can punish a pokemon that like uses rest a lot by giving it some dream eaters.

Pikachu should be able to learn bite.... its a rodent it should be able to bite. And pokemon like raticate and gyrados should be able to use Crunch

I suppose that works as well -- an unexpected dream eater is probably the last thing most of the opponents expect.

I can see Gyarados, maybe, but Raticate doesn't seem strong enough to crunch, per se.

There's more than Chandelure in that situation. Dream Eater's simply a TM to it, not a level-up move.

Seismitoad's pool lacks Ice Beam, I'm just playing with one and the big lack of coverage bugs me too much. :-(

Vaporeon learns Hydro Pump, Jolteon learns Thunder, Glaceon learn Blizzard, so Fire Blast should be switched for Flare Blitz for Flareon. Beside, the name fits it perfectly.

Beartic should learn Earthquake since Ursaring can use it.

Beartic should learn Earthquake since Ursaring can use it.

Just because they're based on the same animal doesn't mean they should learn the same moves. Ursaring is a normal-type. Beartic is ice.

Beartic is considerably taller than Ursaring and is two times heavier.

Flareon would still suck even with Flare Blitz.

I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!

Nah, but seriously, Flareon already has Dig, Iron Tail (Gen4 only), Facade, and Guts. All he needs is Flare Blitz and he'll be good to go.
{OOF TOPIC: Y'know, with all this discussion about the guy, I should make a "How can GF improve Flareon" thread.}

Entei,Raikou,Suicune need hone claws

Erm, I don't think they have the claws for it. At least not Entei and Suicune, anyway.

Emboar should have fire punch(dex entry)

I suppose, even though he can also get Flare Blitz.

Samurott should have shell smash and so should blastoise.

Samurott, I'm not so sure about. Yes, it has that shell on its head, but I don't think it qualifies as a body shell.
Blastoise, on the other hand, has the shell for it, and he can also use Withdraw. I say that it works.

EDIT: Oh, and Taio, I agree about replacing Fire Blast with Flare Blitz in Flareon's moveset.

I really wish that Escavalier could learn some physical coverage moves. Hammer Arm, Close Combat, or even Flare Blitz would give Escavalier the ability to actually hit some steel types with a super-effective physical attack and allow it to be more useful in competitive battles.

I wish that Ducklett/Swanna could learn Drill Peck that move is really powerful and I'd much rather have that move than Pluck. I'd even take the regular Peck over that move!

Beartic is considerably taller than Ursaring and is two times heavier.

So? It may be heavier but that doesn't mean it can produce earthquakes.

I wish that Ducklett/Swanna could learn Drill Peck that move is really powerful and I'd much rather have that move than Pluck. I'd even take the regular Peck over that move!

D: you'd think that a flying type would have better flying-type moves than just pluck.

Swanna learns Brave Bird. It also learns Hurricane and Air Slash as special moves. All of which are more powerful than Pluck.
So what's the problem?

Hammer Arm, Close Combat, or even Flare Blitz

What...the...hell?

I can understand CLose Combat and Hammer Arm (to an extent), but Flare Blitz? What is this I don't even-

...but how...it's not......and yet...
:scared::conangry::boom:
HOW THE F--K WOULD HE USE FLARE BLITZ?!?!

I don't see how Beartic can't produce Earthquakes if Ursaring can.

What's Ursaring, a sun bear? If so, then he shouldn't be able to use Earthquake, since real sun bears wiegh only about 154l b at the maximum.

Beartic is a polar bear. Polar bears weigh about 10x more than sun bears (at maximum, they're 1,500 lb). That should be enough to cause a Pokemon Earthquake.

I don't know if this has been said already, but Ferroseed should learn Rapid Spin. Its sprite spins rapidly when in battle, so it seems illogical to me that it doesn't learn it.

Swanna learns Brave Bird. It also learns Hurricane and Air Slash as special moves. All of which are more powerful than Pluck.
So what's the problem?

Because that giant beak he has is just asking for the move D: You're right though, he does learn several better moves.

I don't see how Beartic can't produce Earthquakes if Ursaring can.

Mass =/= strength. There's a chance that ursaring is stronger than Beartic.

I don't know if this has been said already, but Ferroseed should learn Rapid Spin. Its sprite spins rapidly when in battle, so it seems illogical to me that it doesn't learn it.

That one is weird as well, as it does spin pretty rapidly in its sprite.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom