• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Flareon should learn Flare Blitz and Wild charge. Flare Blitz speaks for itself and Arcanine and Rapidash can learn Wild charge so I don't see why Flareon couldn't.

Flygon should learn Dragon Dance.

Blaziken should learn Close Combat, Grass Knot and U-turn.

garchomp should get extremespeed, as it supposedly can fly as fast as a jet
If the slower Lucario and Dragonite can learn it, Garchomp should, too. I agree.

dragonite should get close combat, just because it should
Just because? That's an awfully lame reason (or lack thereof). Personally, I don't see Dragonite using Close Combat.

kyurem should get fire blast, eq/earth power n surf
Fire Blast? Maybe not, or if it does, it should also have Thunder. I'll agree on the others, and I'll say that Reshiram and Zekrom also need Earthquake, especially Zekrom.

sazandora should get dark pulse as a level up move
It should, and I don't see why it doesn't.

metagross should get superpower
The move's an exhausting exertion of massive force. Many Pokemon like Metagross can learn it, so Meta should, too.

Flareon should learn Flare Blitz and Wild charge. Flare Blitz speaks for itself and Arcanine and Rapidash can learn Wild charge so I don't see why Flareon couldn't.

Funny, I was gonna say the same thing about Wild Charge.

Back on topic: On the subject of Flareon, I would think it should also get Boiling Water. Why? Same reason as Energy Ball, except it would swallow the water, heat it up using the energy it has, then spit it out. :sweatlol:

EDIT: Oh, and while it's not nessecarily about Flareon moreso than it is about Eevee, I'd like to see it get NastyPlot as an Egg move. I know, the name doesn't seem to fit with Eevee or it's Eeveelutions, but then, Togepi doesn't sound like a Nasty Plotter either.

Last edited:
Funny, I was gonna say the same thing about Wild Charge.

Back on topic: On the subject of Flareon, I would think it should also get Boiling Water. Why? Same reason as Energy Ball, except it would swallow the water, heat it up using the energy it has, then spit it out. :sweatlol:

Good idea, but Boiling Water is Scald in English

Exactly. The water would scald the opponent.

Back on topic: Thought of a few moves for Lilligant.

1) Sludge Bomb (Maybe give it some better coverage?)

2) Psychic (Again, better coverage.)

3) Signal Beam (I say it needs a Bug-type move. I personally don't see it using X-Scissor, so yeah.)

4) Earth Power (Special thanks to winstein for the original suggestion. After all, Sunkern can learn it, and it sucks ass, so why not the newer dancing flower?)

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of extra moves a lot of Pokemon should possess, but from the ones I can think of:

• Cofagrigus - Pain Split (Cofagrigus needs recovery as a wall! A Pain Split move tutor should patch things up, considering how some extra ghosts got that move like Gengar)
  • Golurk - Mach Punch (A Fighting priority move will be a very strange thing on a Ghost-type (though we have Kecleon with Shadow Sneak), but it can help dispatch some of the more troublesome Dark-types)
  • Sawk - Mach Punch (That's one move to differentiate him from Heracross)
  • Simisage - Power Whip and Swords Dance (Simisage got the lesser deal of the three monkeys with the least good moves, but hopefully those two moves are a start)
  • Kingler - Crunch (For some reason, Kingler can't use that move even until now)
  • Lilligant - Earth Power (She wants coverage now!)
  • Absol - Earthquake (This would be an interesting addition, as it fits Absol's "disaster" theme)
  • Chandelure - Focus Blast (Would be a fun addition, although not sure if it will make it too good)
  • Clefable - Trick Room (Gives Clefable another role. That's an extra move to make Clefable a pseudo-Psychic)
  • Vileplume - Spore (Vileplume's not a mushroom, but poor rafflesia is pretty much ignored. Besides, Vileplume got Effect Spore like the other mushrooms)
  • Bellossom - Quiver Dance (This will give us another bulky Q-Dancer)

Thanks for reading.

Cofagrigus - Pain Split (Cofagrigus needs recovery as a wall! A Pain Split move tutor should patch things up, considering how some extra ghosts got that move like Gengar)

Well, let's hope for Grey then...

Golurk - Mach Punch (A Fighting priority move will be a very strange thing on a Ghost-type (though we have Kecleon with Shadow Sneak), but it can help dispatch some of the more troublesome Dark-types)

I agree, especially considering the Iron Fist bonus, coupled with a Fighting gem or Expert Belt, would be deadly in my opinion.

Sawk - Mach Punch (That's one move to differentiate him from Heracross)

Wait, what? Similar to the bug? How?

Simisage - Power Whip and Swords Dance (Simisage got the lesser deal of the three monkeys with the least good moves, but hopefully those two moves are a start)

OK, now that would be absolutely deadly. Make it suck less. Though I thought Simisear got the short end of the stick in that department.

Kingler - Crunch (For some reason, Kingler can't use that move even until now)

Ain't that usually reserved for PKMN with big jaws/fangs? Though it would make a little sense.

Lilligant - Earth Power (She wants coverage now!)

Exactly. The more coverage, the better. That would've made breeding for one a whole lot more satisfying.
Heck, I might as well add that to my earlier post. Kudos, man!

Absol - Earthquake (This would be an interesting addition, as it fits Absol's "disaster" theme)

I...don't think Absol has the capability to cause an Earthquake. It makes sense, but it doesn't seem realistic.

Chandelure - Focus Blast (Would be a fun addition, although not sure if it will make it too good)

I don't care if it's too good, as long as it isn't frail and/or has a good movepool. If not this, then Aura Sphere.

Clefable - Trick Room (Gives Clefable another role. That's an extra move to make Clefable a pseudo-Psychic)

Erm, I never use Clefable, so I wouldn't know.

Vileplume - Spore (Vileplume's not a mushroom, but poor rafflesia is pretty much ignored. Besides, Vileplume got Effect Spore like the other mushrooms)

If it could learn Dream Eater along with this, that would be awesome. Make another Grass-Type suck that much less.

Bellossom - Quiver Dance (This will give us another bulky Q-Dancer)

Considering that Bellossom seems to like to dance alot, that makes sense.

Last edited:
Wait, what? Similar to the bug? How?

Well, both Heracross and Sawk have the same Base Speed and Attack, but Heracross is better overall because of the ability to acquire Egg Moves and has Bug STAB (and overall better bulk). Luckily, Heracross's only Physical priority move is Feint.

OK, now that would be absolutely deady. Make it suck less. Though I thought Simisear got the short end of the stick in that department.

With Infernape around, I am not surprised, seeing as that monkey overshadowed Simisear for having better base stats all around. Yeah, Simisage oddly cannot get Swords Dance, which is a broken trend from previous Generations, which is a pity, because that will differentiate him from others (if Leafeon gets this move to differentiate himself, then why not him?). Anyway...deady?

Ain't that usually reserved for PKMN with big jaws/fangs? Though it would make a little sense.

I think you will be surprised to know that Corphish and Crawdaunt learn Crunch, and they don't have big jaws/fangs.

I...don't think Absol has the capability to cause an Earthquake. It makes sense, but it doesn't seem realistic.

You might be surprised to know that Absol got a lot of other moves, like all four weather starters and Will-O-Wisp. Maybe you might not be surprised, because Absol's movepool is unusually large for a non-legendary Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

I still can't believe Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow. I mean, it just should....

Oh and BTW, it's the first time I've posted in like forever

I still can't believe Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow. I mean, it just should....

Oh and BTW, it's the first time I've posted in like forever

The Japanese word for that move is Firefly Light, so Ampharos will never learn it. Manaphy is an anomaly.

anyway, I'm still waiting to be able to reclaim my prized novelties of water gun Phanphy, pay day Hoppip, & flame wheel Rattata.

Also, Zorua/Zoroark & Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon having dark pulse as egg moves & not level up moves needs to be alleviated. such trolling is unwanted GF

Leavanny should be able to use U-Turn, it makes sense given that Leavanny's a Mantis.

flame wheel Rattata.
It can, and always has been able to; Flame Wheel (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
I agree with the Phanpy bit though, I don't know why they only had Water Gun in Crystal. It's not like it's a good move, and it makes perfect sense....
(There's only one h in Phanpy btw. It's weird I know, I used to spell it like that too)

Golurk: Gear Change - Because you got to find first gear in your giant robot (car).
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes....

So, Teddiursa can learn Earthquake, but Beartic can't? How does that work?

So, Teddiursa can learn Earthquake, but Beartic can't? How does that work?

I was thinking about that during my little fit of rage when I was training mine. After some thought, it is a Polar Bear, that swims in the water and lives in the arctic. There's a lot more snow than earth around there, so I can't see it causing an earthquake without digging through a lot of snow first XD

Well, both Heracross and Sawk have the same Base Speed and Attack, but Heracross is better overall because of the ability to acquire Egg Moves and has Bug STAB (and overall better bulk). Luckily, Heracross's only Physical priority move is Feint.

Oh, didn't know that about the Base Stats. I guess you're right.

With Infernape around, I am not surprised, seeing as that monkey overshadowed Simisear for having better base stats all around. Yeah, Simisage oddly cannot get Swords Dance, which is a broken trend from previous Generations, which is a pity, because that will differentiate him from others (if Leafeon gets this move to differentiate himself, then why not him?).

Good point. Give it Power Whip, a Life Orb, and have Overgrow kick in............ow, that's gotta hurt.

Anyway...deady?

Oh f--k, I'll fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

I think you will be surprised to know that Corphish and Crawdaunt learn Crunch, and they don't have big jaws/fangs.

Geez, I must really not know my Gen3 'Mons. Speaking of which...

You might be surprised to know that Absol got a lot of other moves, like all four weather starters and Will-O-Wisp. Maybe you might not be surprised, because Absol's movepool is unusually large for a non-legendary Pokemon.

Wow. I need to read up on everything Gen3 again. Even though I still don't see him using Earthquake, it would make a lot of sense.

Thanks for the info, man.

Back on topic: Damnit. I want to see Heatmor get some better Special moves, but I don't know what. Maybe Dark Pulse, but it doesn't look like something that would use it (then again, Lucario doesn't look like it would use it either). Any ideas?

Back on topic: Damnit. I want to see Heatmor get some better Special moves, but I don't know what. Maybe Dark Pulse, but it doesn't look like something that would use it (then again, Lucario doesn't look like it would use it either). Any ideas?

Heatmor with Grass knot possibly, but other wise its special move pool isn't too terrible actually.

Why would Heatmor learn grass knot? It's not really related to the pokemon in any way, shape or form.

Why would Heatmor learn grass knot? It's not really related to the pokemon in any way, shape or form.

Neither is Empoleon, though.

Heatmor learning Grass Knot isn't weird at all...have you looked at the Bulbapedia Page for it?

A boatload of Pokemon learn it, despite the fact both the anime and manga make it appear that the Pokemon somehow cause roots to grow out of the ground and trip the opponent, a very Grass-specific style move. One of the weirder moves in the game, imo. At least it's good.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom