• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think need changes?

Again these might have been mentioned earlier but:
-Psych Up -> Psychic-type
-Rest -> Normal-type
-Cut -> Grass-type
-Rock Smash -> Rock-type (I understand why it’s Fighting-type; this is just a personal preference)
-Rock Climb -> Rock-type
-Play Nice -> Fairy-type
-Morning Sun -> Fire-type
-Disable -> Psychic-type
-Razor Wind -> Flying-type
-Whirlwind -> Flying-type
-Mean Look -> Ghost-type
-Purify -> Water-type
-Spike Cannon -> Steel-type
-Shell Smash -> Water-type
-Barrage -> Grass-type
-Strength -> Fighting-type
-Mega Punch & Mega Kick -> Fighting-type
-Dragon Ascent -> Dragon-type
-Growth -> Grass-type
-Attract -> Fairy-type
-Captivate -> Fairy-type
-Scary Face -> Ghost-type
-Splash -> Water-type (I know it’s “Hop” in Japanese, but still)
-Smokescreen -> Fire-type
-Synchronoise -> Sound-based
-Sonic Boom -> Sound-based
-Roar of Time -> Sound-based

Last edited:
What is confusing about any of these???

the same could you say about "water pulse"... realy more moves need that effect and they could modify it that a confused pokemon could be disobedient and use a other move instead to hurt itself
only...

Petal blizzard is similar to Hurricane that has 20% chance ...

Disarming voice and its name should give a effect like Strange steam power 90 and effect 20%, accuracy 95... Diasrming voice could get 30% activation in my opinion...

many are hitting physically moves that should cause confussiom....

would make sense rock throw and some other moves of diffrent types to get that effect...
especially grass moves... especially that not many types got that effect...
ice would need that too... especially ice involved that hit target.

Its maybe a better effect then flinching but still could be used more and more abilities could get addition to block it... tinted lens, magic bounce, rock head, liquid ooze, telepathy...
maybe make a type immune to confusion? ice doesnt get damage of ice hail hitting their heads all the time... some confusing moves are normal types ... using type immunities would be cool here too...

a hit in the head should confuse or make the target flinch... flinching moves are a lot more here...

Hey Confuse ray has its easy with the name but if you check the list of moves that cause confusion...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Worry seed seriously needs a upgrade.
With this effect, the target Pokémon cannot sleep and wakes up if already asleep.

changing ability only into insomania is lame.
I would add it to make damage 1/4 when used on a alredy sleeping pokemon or allow combos that if target uses rest or user a sleep inducement move on the target after worryy seed was used it will cause damage.
when user has insomania he would not get damaged by worry seed(when trying to use combos on it) but vital spirit user would get confused when hit by worry seed.

more moves that reduce sp. attack of target and buff to old moves that cause it... Tearful Look should get 2 stages if the target moved faster and hit the user with damage before it was used...
Confide should reduce two stages if the user is faster then attacker...

Would make Apple Acid reduce sp. def and sp. attack...

Last edited:
Some nitpicks about status move typings:
  • Sandstorm should be Ground-type. Sandyghast, Sandshrew, Sandaconda, Sandy Cloak Wormadam, Sandile, Sand Tomb, and Sand Attack are all Ground-type, but Sandstorm is Rock? Shut up.
  • Whirlwind should be Flying-type. Why is it Normal? (EDIT: Swiftgallade already said that and given the conversation this thread was on last I'm worried I said it before too lmao)
  • Psych Up, which literally says "The user hypnotizes itself", should be Psychic. (EDIT: Wow I really did already say that)

I kind of want to change Dragon Rush. Not a full 100 percent accurate, but like 90 or so should be fine.

Attract would become kinda OP without gender restrictions, unless they really nerfed the chance of getting immobilized. Not to mention controversial if asshole parents ever found out.

As much as I would love to see Attract changed to be more inclusive, I wonder whether an easier solution would be to remove Attract from the game entirely. I can't say I'd really miss Attract if it became one of the moves not to make the cut in the next game.

Perhaps infatuation could be replaced with a new mechanic that immobolises Pokemon in a less romantic way. What if Charm were changed so that opponents are "charmed into not attacking", instead of just having their attack stat lowered?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom