• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves you think need changes?

I think it would be more interesting if it would negate their respective typings. So Roserade would become a Poison type under forest Curse. It feels more fitting and would make for an interesting effect. As for mons with only one type? They could become true neutral. No STAB, no weaknesses or immunities

Nice idea Forest Curse with ground move=Roserade out of business.
I know only that adding the grass type is good when you have poison jab with it.
In double battles with Gourgeist as partner Trevanant can make a pure steel type become a steel/grass type and with Fire Blast it;s a nice combo... When transforming with Trick-or-Treat other ghost types into normal types that would actually be good if having fighting type moves with them. It has Focus Blast.
Imagine if the user of Forest Curse could use it on oponent or itself even and change it's typing?
Imagine Trevanant ghost/normal- could look interesting, even loose it's leaves and have a slight form change?
Or Gourgeist normal/grass or fire/grass (would not need to change looks it has already a fire burning in it).
This would be something in battle.
And would make sense that in a other region they found out it's possible to use it this ways and tough their pokemon it.

Other moves like Soak or Ion Deluge should also be though how to work in a other way with their types.
__

Powder
should react to electric , poison and fire type moves... sparks cause things to incinerate.
A move that only reacts with one type is nice but should affect more... Powder that causes explosions maybe even should react to poison type moves? seriously some chemicals when unite together explode, especially toxins m acids and explosive powders should in my opinion. This way a bug pokemon with this move would have something to show to 3 types: electric, fire and poison and that would be something. Then the bug types with this move could shine more in battle.

Imagine pokemon that use Toxic, poison powder or toxic spikes (imagine a move that could destroy them and hurt a pokemon on the ground).

This way this move would be better then only waiting for a fire type or fire type move... and not waste a moveslot.
Good that it stops the damage and deals 25% of max hp. The priority is great.

Last edited:
Well, the problem is that they removed the closest thing to true neutral, which was the ???-Type. Now if you somehow lose your type, you will turn into Normal-Type.
Ooh you do? I didn't know that!

It's not like they couldn't change that again. Maybe when Gen IV remakes come around, Arceus makes much more sense as ???-type, but they could always give it a Normal Plate by default.

Razor Wind needs to be actually useful. I'm not even bothered that its not Flying-type, but waiting two turns for an 80 damage move is lame, even if it has a +1 crit ratio. It should be +3 at least.
Or give the first turn an increased chance of dodging or something? Like, the winds you're creating raise the chance of deflecting an incoming effect

Ooh you do? I didn't know that!

It's not like they couldn't change that again. Maybe when Gen IV remakes come around, Arceus makes much more sense as ???-type, but they could always give it a Normal Plate by default.

When a pure Fire type uses Burn Up it becomes normal, while dual types lose the -Fire part.

I think Normal does the job for a ‘neutral type’ in such situations just fine.

Make Rock Slide 100% accuracy. There's not one damaging rock move with 100% accuracy, which is just ridiculous.
Make Cut Steel type. And Swords Dance, Razor Wind, and Vice Grip.

Cut 80 BP, no effects
Razor Wind 140 BP, Never misses, +2 Crit ratio. Strikes on second turn like Future Sight, not like Skull Bash.
Vice Grip 90 BP, no effects.
Swords Dance.. just make it steel type. I think it makes more sense.

Well, you’re not wrong :p

A widely accessible rock move with 100 Accuracy, then hah

Maybe something like Smart Strike but for Rock types? (As in bypasses accuracy checks).

“Bullseye” could be the move’s name? Not really sure on name and animation (but I think it could do with hitting a target).

When a pure Fire type uses Burn Up it becomes normal, while dual types lose the -Fire part.

I think Normal does the job for a ‘neutral type’ in such situations just fine.
Imagine a normal type using Burn up and gaining the fire type. Imaine Gourgeist that would use Trick-or-treat to change its ghost typing into normal typing and then use Burn up to become a fire/grass type

Elemental Punches (Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch) - 85 BP
Elemental Fangs (Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang) - 80 BP
Draining Kiss - 75 BP
Shadow Punch - 80/85 BP
Dragon Rush - 85/90% Accuracy (but a 10% drop to its additional effect)
Iron Tail - look above
Sky Uppercut - 95 BP
Surf - 100 BP
Shadow Ball 80 > 90 BP
Shadow Claw 70 > 80 BP
Wild Charge 90 > 120 BP (1/3 recoil)
Parabolic Charge 65 > 75 BP
Focus Blast 70 > 80 % Accuracy, but 120 > 110 BP
Freeze-Dry 70 > 80 BP

Tried it out by making a Cyndaquil with PkHex and attacking a Machop with it. When I got hit by a Karate Chop it did neutral damage. Since there's no neutral Type my guess is that it must be some kind of script.
I'd imagine it's something like how Forest's Curse can add an impossible third type.

Tried it out by making a Cyndaquil with PkHex and attacking a Machop with it. When I got hit by a Karate Chop it did neutral damage. Since there's no neutral Type my guess is that it must be some kind of script.

I had memories of my Typhlosion first becoming Typeless on showdown when I tried out the move when it was released, but somehow my mind thought that it had been modified to normal from typeless... my mistake, I guess.

And it makes no sense either.
That move doesn't work that way...

imagine if you could use that move both ways , that you could first cange your type to normal and then using it again get it back.
This way many new strategies could be made and game play would become better for the pokemon using it.
Even weak fire types would profit from it and like said give it to pokemon like Gourgeist and change both Trick-or-Treat and Burn up to work te way I wrote and such a pokemon would get in easy way more interesting.

Could You both say if it's good and you would want such changes or not? maybe I or someone could do a poll and ask evryone else about our ideas on here and on twitter.

I had memories of my Typhlosion first becoming Typeless on showdown when I tried out the move when it was released, but somehow my mind thought that it had been modified to normal from typeless... my mistake, I guess.

Now imagine Typhlosion using it against a water type, finishing it off and using it against next oponent to gain the fire type back.
Would make perfect sense to Burn up something to first loose fire type and then gain it back.

Also it would make sense that if a move like Curse works diffrently for normal and ghost types that moves like Forrest Curse, Trick-or-Treat and Burn up should work differently for some other types. This way they usefulness would rise.
I would change Burn Up's power too it would be too strong, it would need only power: Taking that the pokemon will get less damage from water,ground, rock. switching option also would be still possible but this way you could use a pokemon much differently. Or make that when a non fire type uses Burn Up the power is different. Lower or higher depends how you would adjust it. maybe power 65 when using it a second time to gain fire typing and 130 before loosing it, that would make more sense, the okemon looses and gains it stab like everyone knows.

Last edited:
Would make perfect sense to Burn up something to first loose fire type and then gain it back.

Actually it doesn’t because most fuels get consumed after burning. Burn up means that the user uses all its flammable substances and fire, thus losing STAB on its own fire moves. It doesn’t make sense to be able to use it twice.

Actually it doesn’t because most fuels get consumed after burning. Burn up means that the user uses all its flammable substances and fire, thus losing STAB on its own fire moves. It doesn’t make sense to be able to use it twice.

a renewable fuel source? some other moves are stronger but they don't make them type change...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom