• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Moves you think need changes?

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
a renewable fuel source? some other moves are stronger but they don't make them type change...
Pokemon produce fire from the fuel they create themselves, and seeing the present effects of Burn Up it’s safe to assume that it’s non-renewable (and Torkoal's smoke pretty much confirms that).

It’s just a gimmicky move not mean to be used over and over again, like Present and Hold Hands.

Matleo

Reaction score
Pokemon produce fire from the fuel they create themselves, and seeing the present effects of Burn Up it’s safe to assume that it’s non-renewable (and Torkoal's smoke pretty much confirms that).

It’s just a gimmicky move not mean to be used over and over again, like Present and Hold Hands.
same sould be used better in my opinion bc burning something up has a different meaning too.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
same sould be used better in my opinion bc burning something up has a different meaning too.
The move description disagrees with you
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type.
Burns itself out=completely uses its fire capacity

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
On a side note, Burn Up should have really high BP for a Pokemon to justify losing its STAB for the battle and being able to use the nice only once. Around 150?

Matleo

Reaction score
On a side note, Burn Up should have really high BP for a Pokemon to justify losing its STAB for the battle and being able to use the nice only once. Around 150?
Or change dex description and effect in my opinion.

BlueWaves

Uplifting Artist
Reaction score
Mist Ball and Luster Purge should have their Base Power increased to 90. The 50% chance to lower Special Attack or Special Defense is nice but not consistent enough to make it worth using over Psychic's higher power or Psyshock's defense calculation. I kinda forget the fact that they even exist.

\

Oricorio

Hog Honcho
Reaction score
Scald is ridiculously overpowered, reduce the burn chance to at most 10%. There should not be this move that instantly prevents half of all Pokémon from ever wanting to switch into you.